OtakuBoards

Stuck In the Middle of a Fight

Funny Girl

[COLOR=Magenta]Okay, there's this girl at school who isn't really a friend yet she considers me as a friend and has me and some others in her dispute of a relationship. Okay "Sam" and "Josh" are going out at my school. They are a really weird couple if you me and the others there but they seem to like each other, or so I thought. After a couple of weeks of going out, I ask Josh if he really liked Sam, since it didn't seem right for a skater dude to go out with a nobody. His response was that he was bored and decided to take his chances.

I was shocked at this and couldn't believe it. So, another week goes by and Sam finds out that Josh only dated Sam 'cause he was bored. No one knows how she found out but she did. She started to cry and then some of us had to talk to her and calm her down a bit for this. She then didn't know why but then she overheard that Josh was going to dump her the next class. Some of her friends went over the top with the idea of dumping him for her and that was just not right.

So, one of the girls, "Courtney", decides to break the two up and went over the top. They were in class and then Courtney takes Josh's hat and Josh goes berserk. Josh then punches and kicks Courtney and if it wasn't for "Ben" being there, then things would have been ugly.

Sam was just crying and crying and I didn't seem to know what to do and didn't know whether to talk to Josh and give him a piece of my mind and say that you shouldn't have done that to her and anything else. So the next class she had calmed down and it was out all over the school that Sam was going to get dumped by Josh.

What should I do to help her?
Do I just help or leave it to her to fix it out on her own?
Just post here to see what I should and shouldn't do.[/COLOR]

Don't get involved in it is my best advice. This really isn't a major test of friendship.Be there for her when she needs her but she needs to solve this problem on her own.
just standby her in her time of need. Don't fly off the handle since this matter really does not concern you.Im sure your friend can make it through this as long as you support her but she has to reconcile with this herself

[quote name='Kenshin DX']Don't get involved.[/quote]

[COLOR=Magenta]The problem is, she thinks that I'm her friend but she really doesn't have any friends at all. Me and some others are like there and yet not there. I'm a friend to both friends and I know that one will get hurt but she seems to be dragging everyone in the problem just to feel sorry for her after her aunt had died last week. I mean I do feel sorry for her, but she is very annoying and the problem just might get pushed too far that I don't I can be there for her anymore. [spoiler][SIZE=1][FONT=Century Gothic] Like I want to.[/spoiler][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

[size=1][color=teal][b]What should I do to help her?[/b][quote]I do feel sorry for her, but she is very annoying and the problem just might get pushed too far that I don't I can be there for her anymore. [spoiler]Like I want to.[/spoiler][/quote]It seems pretty obvious to me that you don't really want to help her, even though you keep asking what you can do. Why even bother? Didn't' you already kind of screw her over by asking "Josh" why he was even going out with "Sam"? Did it ever occur to you that it might actually have worked eventually?

[b]Do I just help or leave it to her to fix it out on her own?[/b]
If you don't really want to help the girl, then don't. Stop pretending to be someone's friend if you're really not going to be. You guys are what...15? 16? It won't be the end of the world.[quote]it was out all over the school that Sam was going to get dumped by Josh[/quote]...Is she still waiting to be dumped? Isn't it already as good as over?
In the end, all you can really do is support her; because it's her choice what she wants to do.

[b]Just post here to see what I should and shouldn't do.[/b][quote]I ask Josh if he really liked Sam, since it didn't seem right for a skater dude to go out with a nobody.[/quote]Stop thinking like this. It's pretty lame.[/color][/size]

[quote name='True Angel][COLOR=Magenta] I ask Josh if he really liked Sam, since it didn't seem right for a skater dude to go out with a nobody. His response was that he was bored and decided to take his chances. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]Problem number one, if you care at all about this girl as a friend, why are you calling her a nobody? Problem number two, being a 'skater dude' does not equal better than someone else.[QUOTE=True Angel][COLOR=Magenta']I was shocked at this and couldn't believe it. So, another week goes by and Sam finds out that Josh only dated Sam 'cause he was bored. No one knows how she found out but she did. She started to cry and then some of us had to talk to her and calm her down a bit for this. She then didn't know why but then she overheard that Josh was going to dump her the next class. Some of her friends went over the top with the idea of dumping him for her and that was just not right. [/COLOR][/quote]Shocked? Over what? That he was going to dump her or that he was bored and didn't seem to care if he hurt someone in the process. And perhaps you could clarify what you meant by some of her friends went over the top. Are you saying they thought he was a jerk? Or that it wasn't right for him to dump her or to upset her? [QUOTE=True Angel][COLOR=Magenta] So the next class she had calmed down and it was out all over the school that Sam was going to get dumped by Josh.

What should I do to help her?
Do I just help or leave it to her to fix it out on her own?
Just post here to see what I should and shouldn't do.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]Well seeing that you already said this:[quote name='True Angel][COLOR=Magenta']Okay, there's this girl at school who isn't really a friend yet she considers me as a friend and has me and some others in her dispute of a relationship. [/COLOR][/quote]You've already said she isn't really a friend so my question is why are you trying to help her?

If you don't even consider her a friend, there's no point in helping her. If you genuinely want to be friends with her then by all means at least be supportive, and if I'm understanding what you're saying correctly. Sounds like she's better off not dating the guy in the first place.

[FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Okay, so you want to help someone who you don't like while claiming to be friend s with the other party as well. Although I'm sure you haev some benevolent intentions, you don't seem terribly interested in her well being. According to what you have written about not being her friend and calling her a nobody, I would almost assume you'd be happy they were not going out.

If you want to give this girl any advice at all, tell her break ups happen and that she should be happy to not be dating a guy who was with her becasue he was bored. This seems like high school drama, in which case there will be other boys.

As for this Josh boy, the way your ragging on this girl, are you sure you don't like him? And on top of that what did this Courtney girl do to deserve getting punched and kicked? Seems violent for taking a hat.

I think the best thing to do is get over it, its just drama.[/COLOR][/FONT]

hey i havent talked to you in a while.wait im getting of subject.ok heres my advice.if you want to help just try to be a friend to her and help her get over this.but if you dont want to get involved then dont.i hope i was some help.i hope to talk to you some more.bye!

[quote name='True Angel][COLOR=Magenta]The problem is, she thinks that I'm her friend but she really doesn't have any friends at all. Me and some others are like there and yet not there. I'm a friend to both friends and I know that one will get hurt but she seems to be dragging everyone in the problem just to feel sorry for her after her aunt had died last week. I mean I do feel sorry for her, but she is very annoying and the problem just might get pushed too far that I don't I can be there for her anymore. [spoiler][SIZE=1][FONT=Century Gothic] Like I want to.[/spoiler][/SIZE][/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]Here's the thing hun, if you are her friend at all, then it's important that you be there for her, especially since based on what you have written, the real nobody is the boy who dated her because he was 'bored'

Regardless if you find the girl annoying or not, this whole mess started by him asking her out. If anyone is dragging people into this mess it's the notion that being a skater dude is somehow better than just being a regular student, who is not a nobody, no one is and to say so is just mean spirited.

I'd have to know more, but this whole thing sounds like she's upset over what happened and people are being rude to her since she is not the 'popular' one in this instance.

To be honest, it sounds like she is better off not being friends or dating any of those kids, and they sound like they need a good swift kick in the rear as well. Also, if it was you, how would you feel if you went online and found that someone who you thought was your friend referred to you as a nobody? So either be her friend or don't be.

Since you have already said that your not really her friend than don't get involved. To tell you the truth she shouldn't be so upset over a guy dumping her. He was only going out with her because he was bored. Plus the issue with the hat seems extream to me. Was the hat made of gold or something? You don't need to hit someone for they took your hat. Childish is what that is.

I would say leave dating until college since this story sounds like a highschool kind of drama that always happens no matter what. There are more important things like acutally getting to college. (If thats any of your goals and/ or hers. I hope it is.) Even I am waiting untill Highschool is over to get in romance type of relationship with a guy. And if she really is a "nobody" (no one is a nobody) then getting the skills she needs to go on in the world is what should be important right now not relationships with guys that couldn't care less.

[quote name='Cat14'] And if she really is a "nobody" (no one is a nobody) then getting the skills she needs to go on in the world is what should be important right now not relationships with guys that couldn't care less.[/quote]

I agree with Cat14, there are more important things to worry about. Ten years from now no one will give a damn who was who in high school.

If you really want to play friend to her then tell her that he will probably get a girl pregnant in a few years, ruin his life, work at a gas station and wonder what might have been had he spent his time more responsibly.