OtakuBoards

Heroes (possible spoilers)

Nehszriah

[color=#b0000b][size=1]Nerdsy! Spoiler tags! The things you quote aren't blacked out.

[quote name='Nehszriah]See, I don't agree. I have a feeling that [spoiler']Hiro is Kensei. Now, I've not read the thread in the link, but I just have this gut feeling that was strengthened by the sneak-preview. Kensei was rumored to have a mysterious power and, well, since Hiro is stuck in, erm, Tokugawa Japan, he could be doing himself a favor and creating the legend of Kensei. It would be very poetic that Hiro's favorite tale as a child would have been the story of his "death", which would have to be faked. Then, when Hiro goes to try to get back to the future, he instead does something wrong... T-Rex Time... you know...[/spoiler][/quote]I hope that's not it, because that seems a little too trite for me.

Also, why does Hiro have to go back to [spoiler]T. rex[/spoiler] time?

[b]Edit[/b]: New graphic novel up![/size][/color]

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Nehszriah][spoiler']...but how else would Dino Time happen unless he finds a way to bring creatures from other times and places to the point where he is at? Besides, the whole dinosaur fight with him is pretty sketchy to begin with since Issac painted it. It would of had to be a painting of Hiro's personal future instead of the general one. [/spoiler][/quote]

[color=deeppink][spoiler]But Dino Time's already happened. It wasn't a real dinosaur, it was a model in a museum. The stance and camera angle of the scene matched up perfectly with Mister Isaac's painting.

There's still a [i]little[/i] room for doubt, but so far that's how they have presented all the times the paintings have come true.[/spoiler]

I hate these spoilers! Grarg![/color]

[QUOTE=Sara][color=#b0000b][size=1]

Also, why does Hiro have to go back to [spoiler]T. rex[/spoiler] time?

[/size][/color][/QUOTE]

[spoiler]...because Issac painted him fighting a dino. It was seen in "Fallout" and was also the one ripped by Kaito. Where else would he fight a dinosaur?[/spoiler]

This week's comic = awww

[u]Edit[/u]: Spoil my fun, Nerdsy. I still would think it's cool if he does [spoiler]fight a dinosaur[/spoiler]. Now I guess I can only wish.

• 4 months later...
[font="trebuchet ms"] So, season 2! :)

I love how everything is starting out, and nothing seems to be lacking. And I'm eagerly awaiting [spoiler]Kristin Bell for next episode's new character.[/spoiler]

The only things that bugs me, theory-wise, is if [spoiler]Claire's new boyfriend (I forget his name; his character isn't incredibly interesting) works for the company or not. He seems a little sketchy sometimes, probably because of his insistence, but that could be because he just found another 'hero'.[/spoiler] What do you guys think?[/font]

[quote name='Lunox'][font="trebuchet ms"]The only things that bugs me, theory-wise, is if [spoiler]Claire's new boyfriend (I forget his name; his character isn't incredibly interesting) works for the company or not. He seems a little sketchy sometimes, probably because of his insistence, but that could be because he just found another 'hero'.[/spoiler] What do you guys think?[/font][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]I think [spoiler]I hate him and want him to die.[/spoiler]

The series has started off jut as I expected it to. Slow beginning that gradually picks up the pace. The addition of [spoiler]Sylar to the Mexican Wonder Twins storyline actually has me interested in it, and I now am no longer completely ambivilant towards Matt.

Group of twelve! Group of twelve! Group of twelve![/spoiler] I must know![/color]

Without a doubt [spoiler]West equals EVIL![/spoiler] I call him [spoiler]Adam West,[/spoiler] but that's 'cause I wasn't paying too close attention when he introduced himself. I don't like him one bit... not from the start. Seems like a total d*uche to me.

[spoiler]Peter's IdentiBox Problem[/spoiler]: not fun.
[spoiler]Old Mr. Parkman Subplot[/spoiler]: buckets of fun.
[spoiler]Political commentary with the Honduran Wonder Twins and New Orleans[/spoiler]: I can live without.
[spoiler]Noah's Gonna Die![/spoiler]: priceless.

There's just so much else, but I'm too wrapped up in the episode that is about an hour old.

[quote name='Nerdsy'][color=deeppink]I think [spoiler]I hate him and want him to die.[/spoiler]
[/color][/QUOTE]

[font="trebuchet ms"] [spoiler]Yes, I think it's a group consensus among Heroes fans to hate Claire and her boyfriend, but love HRG. Who doesn't love HRG?[/spoiler][/font]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]>_> totally missed tonight's episode and now my girl friend (note: space) is going to kill me T_T We're 'Heroes buddies'. Mostly cuz we're both such Peter Patrelli fans XD (though we both hate his current story arc)

So far, I think I'm a little unimpressed by the new season. Why? 3 cheese romances all at once. Peter Parelli with the embarrassingly fake Irish lady, the stupid-*** teen romance, and even Hiro is falling for a girl. At least all thee gay moments between doc and police guy make up for it XD

Other than that, though, not bad. At the very least, Takezo Kensei kicks ***. [/COLOR]

[quote name='Lunox'][font="trebuchet ms"] [spoiler]Kensei does not kick ***. Hiro kicks *** for Kensei. :p[/spoiler][/font][/QUOTE]

I second that motion. Being [spoiler]a drunk-arse gaijin[/spoiler] is only flashy for so long. [spoiler]F***ing pansy.[/spoiler]

[quote name='Lunox'][font="trebuchet ms"] [spoiler]Yes, I think it's a group consensus among Heroes fans to hate Claire and her boyfriend, but love HRG. Who doesn't love HRG?[/spoiler][/font][/QUOTE]

[spoiler]I don't hate Claire. I'm apathetic towards Claire.

Zach 2.0, however? I hope Sylar eats his brains.[/spoiler]

Has everyone forgotten to speculate about [spoiler]the hooded guy that tackled Kaito off the roof[/spoiler]?

We know he/she's one of the [spoiler]Group of Twelve - all old hands within the Company. Unless he/she's a completely new character, my first thought was Claude...[/spoiler]?

[quote name='Raiyuu']Has everyone forgotten to speculate about [spoiler]the hooded guy that tackled Kaito off the roof[/spoiler]?[/quote]

No, [spoiler]I just don't find it interesting. The hooded killer hasn't been built up nearly enough; I mean, look at Sylar. He spent the first few episodes being dark and mysterious and ruining everybody's ****.

What has this guy done? Push an old man off a building and make some lights flickr.

Plush, he looks like a jerkoff in that outfit.[/spoiler]

[quote]We know he/she's one of the [spoiler]Group of Twelve - all old hands within the Company. Unless he/she's a completely new character, my first thought was Claude...[/spoiler]?[/QUOTE]

[spoiler]Well, we [i]suspect[/i] that. I'm suspicious, because this the hooded killer looks really young, and everyone in the photo looked pretty old. Hm.[/spoiler]

[QUOTE]>_> totally missed tonight's episode and now my girl friend (note: space) is going to kill me T_T We're 'Heroes buddies'. Mostly cuz we're both such Peter Patrelli fans XD (though we both hate his current story arc)

So far, I think I'm a little unimpressed by the new season. Why? 3 cheese romances all at once. Peter Parelli with the embarrassingly fake Irish lady, the stupid-*** teen romance, and even Hiro is falling for a girl. At least all thee gay moments between doc and police guy make up for it XD

Other than that, though, not bad. At the very least, Takezo Kensei kicks ***. [/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Olive"]O mi fooking god! DB watched Heroes! Now I can nag him about that. :p

Heroes is by far one fot eh best shows evuh. the new season is just too amazing. Form the new characters to Docter Suresh and Matt's fatherly love towards Molly. One of my favorite twists was when Maya and her brother find [spoiler]Sylar[/spoiler]

Damn, Sylar is one of my most favorte villains. I remeber whan he visited his mom adn killed her. I hope Sylar cuts people's barains out again. I mean sure that one girl, but we need more gore and voilance.

Clair's new lover is weird. He's ****ing taking her away! The Premonition of [spoiler]Clair's father being killed[/spoiler] sent chills down my spine. [spoiler]I can't wait until Clair's father finds out that she's going out with one of his old subjectees. But we'll have to wati while he's gone with the Hatian.[/spoiler]

I'm liking this new black girl with that kid, sadly I forgot his name. My mom thinks Mohinder is cute... ick. She says this show is confusing. She doesn't even pay attention.

About Peter's story, meh. It's a nice little twist about how he wound up with that box. And will there finally be a sex scene in this show between Peter and that girl. we can only hope.

I think the gropup of twelve used to try and save people, but after somethign happened they disbanded. Wiht matt's dad becoming a kid-abandoning prick, and from BOb's stand-point. he wasnts to "save" the heroes. I still think he has a master scheme that's conected witht Hooded man. And [spoiler]Matt's dad, whom he's going to see, has something that will finally break through the ice.[spoiler]Now If the hooded man went after Clair's boy-toy, he can have the guy. I just want Clair to be single. >_>[/COLOR]

[QUOTE]>_> totally missed tonight's episode and now my girl friend (note: space) is going to kill me T_T We're 'Heroes buddies'. Mostly cuz we're both such Peter Patrelli fans XD (though we both hate his current story arc)

Other than that, though, not bad. At the very least, Takezo Kensei kicks ***. [/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Olive"]O mi fooking god! DB watched Heroes! Now I can nag him about that. :p

Heroes is by far one fot eh best shows evuh. the new season is just too amazing. Form the new characters to Docter Suresh and Matt's fatherly love towards Molly. One of my favorite twists was when Maya and her brother find [spoiler]Sylar[/spoiler]

Damn, Sylar is one of my most favorte villains. I remeber whan he visited his mom adn killed her. I hope Sylar cuts people's barains out again. I mean sure that one girl, but we need more gore and voilance.

Clair's new lover is weird. He's ****ing taking her away! The Premonition of [spoiler]Clair's father being killed[/spoiler] sent chills down my spine. [spoiler]I can't wait until Clair's father finds out that she's going out with one of his old subjectees. But we'll have to wati while he's gone with the Hatian.[/spoiler]

I'm liking this new black girl with that kid, sadly I forgot his name. My mom thinks Mohinder is cute... ick. She says this show is confusing. She doesn't even pay attention.

About Peter's story, meh. It's a nice little twist about how he wound up with that box. And will there finally be a sex scene in this show between Peter and that girl. we can only hope.

I think the gropup of twelve used to try and save people, but after somethign happened they disbanded. Wiht matt's dad becoming a kid-abandoning prick, and from BOb's stand-point. he wants to "save" the heroes. I still think he has a master scheme that's conected witht Hooded man. And [spoiler]Matt's dad, whom he's going to see, has something that will finally break through the ice.[spoiler]Now If the hooded man went after Clair's boy-toy, he can have the guy. I just want Clair to be single. >_>[/COLOR]

I'm not a violent person, but every time I see West onscreen, I want to stab the holy **** out of him.

Anyway, the season has been okay so far. Claire's storyline is terrible. I don't mind Claire at all, but as mentioned a couple of sentences prior, it will not be long until I bring the wrath of Achilles on West. [i]Such[/i] a creepy little douchebag.

Peter's storyline has been boring. I wasn't wild about the whole amnesia thing when the season started, and I'm not totally into Peter's new Irish buddies or his nice little box (and the God awful promo that went along with the box the night it was introduced). Peter's best moments have come when he's been able to show off his powers.

The Mohinder/Matt story isn't bad, but they haven't done much at all. Obviously it's going to pick up a lot soon, though, and it's still funny to imagine them arguing every evening after putting Molly to bed. Haha. Best parents ever. :P

Hiro's story is a lot of fun (his poses when he was fighting the guys who were looking for Kensei had me dying). Hopefully it won't get too repetitive.

Los Wonder Twins I don't really have an opinion about. Throwing [spoiler]Sylar[/spoiler] into the mix is interesting though.

Lastly: I don't know whether to laugh or cry at the 619. That was some pretty goofy ****, and I [i]like[/i] pro wrestling lol.

[font="trebuchet ms"] [spoiler]I actually liked the black girl's power (I have trouble remembering names, lol); I think it's probably the most useful one to have. And as a character she comes off as kind-hearted without seeming fake or forced.

And, I'm pretty much loving Sylar right now. He's one of the few villains in fiction that I like, which says a lot. P:

On everyone's personal plotlines... I actually think Hiro's as sort of boring. I never thought him to be a good character because the whole 'I'm Japanese and really nerdy' wore off pretty darn quickly.[/spoiler][/font]

I'm just ticked at myself for calling Hiro's storyline. [spoiler]I know he's going to be the real Kensei, or even the duo will be Kensei in a collective sense, since he already had to kickstart the Drunk Brit just in order to get the Fire Scroll.[/spoiler] The story is so lame, I want to kick myself in the face... like Peter's story. Ugh. It makes me want listen to Flogging Molly so that I don't hate [spoiler]the Irish in general[/spoiler] as much.

I like [spoiler]*insert name of Micah's female cousin here*[/spoiler] too. She makes me smile, just 'cause she looked like she would kick *** [i]before[/i] when she was supposedly normal.

[u]Comic Spoilers[/u]: [spoiler]Chuffa chuffa?[/spoiler] *rolls on the floor in laughter* So, is he [spoiler]a cat or a tanuki or an "other"[/spoiler]?

Guest The Blue Jihad
[quote name='Nehszriah']Didn't the alternate-future episode prove that theory? ^_~[/quote]

Alternate-future? **** no. I'm still gunning for it [I]being[/I] the future. Cause happy-go-lucky sucks a fat one. Plus, with Heroes being all about confronting an inescapable destiny, if the ultimate conclusion turns out to not be [spoiler]Sylar assuming the guise of Nathan and finally getting Claire's brain[/spoiler] then a few select endangered species will make it on my "I'm Going To Hunt This *****" list.

Dude, take it easy man. Even if the ultimate future is not the one in "Five Years Gone", I'm sure the writers will make up for it [i]somehow[/i]. I mean, they're dealing with sci-fi fans here. I don't think that even as a whole we're too easy to please...

...but I think we can all do without the romance. It was seriously cool last season when it was just some Hiro/Charlie, buddy-buddy Zach/Claire subtext and random Nikkica flailing about for money. Romance is best left to soap operas. *nod*