OtakuBoards

Question for all of the older artists..

Guest Basaka

Guest Basaka
Heyoo! I'm 20 years old, and I'm already gettin' pains in my hands when I draw for a couple hours.. Am I the only one aging and getting carpeltunnel syndrome or arthritis?

Lol! I feel so old.. Oh oh, and is there a way to slow down the developing pains? o_o; Besides tylenol or a pain reliever. >_>; Is there a doctor in the forum!? :animecry:

Well I'm 17 and I haven't yet experienced any type of pains from drawing. The only time I get pains is if I write too fast for a long period of time. I DO know someone who had to get surgery done on their wrist because they were over stressing their wrist from drawing though. It's probably the same situation for you. Let your wrists rest. Don't over do it.

[size=1]That's always been a case with anyone who does something monotonously for several hours on end. I know for a fact that this has happened to me in the past, even when I was a younger artist. I'm nineteen now, so obviously I'm about in the same boat as you, but I assure you this is normal. It's not carpeltunnel syndrome forming either. That takes [i]a lot[/i] to get. You're just wearing your muscles in your arm out because of a continuous and redundant motion. It's normal and happens with any muscle in your body. It'd be the same as swinging a baseball bat 'til your arm grew sore.[/size]

[quote name='Dragon Warrior][size=1']That's always been a case with anyone who does something monotonously for several hours on end.[/size][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Tru dat. I get the same thing from writing for long periods of time. It's not a really big deal; just stop for a half-hour or so and muse, or something pseudo-productive like that. (^_^)[/FONT]