OtakuBoards

stratagy guides

Kuja

is bying a guide cheating?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. is bying a guide cheating?

• yes
    • no

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]ok... what is the general consesus on them... i think they suck and are cheating... id rather ask someone after i have been stuck for about 4 days of HARD playing... i mean like at least 10 hours a day...[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Guest Majin Gohan
I think it depends on the situation. I usually buy a guide after I beat a game to see anything I may have missed or to just draw some of the sweet pics in the guide. if you buy a guide along with the game for the purpose of using it to beat a game then I think that's cheating

[color=indigo]I think it all depends.

I'm sure that there are a lot of people who don't have 10 hours a day to invest in gaming, they're simply too busy.

I've never bought a guide, primarily because if I hit a hard spot, I tend to put the game down for a couple of weeks and then come back and try again. And so far, that strategy has worked fine.

But consider a game like GT3 (which I just bought today). GT3 is an incredibly deep game...there is so much to it, and if you do'nt know a great deal about cars, it can be a little daunting at first.

So in that instance, if you want to get the most out of the game (ie: unlock all the cars and get all the gold medals) then you might be inclined to purchase the guide.

I think that guides can help you get the most out of the game, not just finish it. Some games have extensive options and extras which guides can help with.

And to put it bluntly, some people are just bad at games. Games are meant to be fun, not serious. If using a guide helps you enjoy the game more...then go for it. That's what it's all about.[/color]