OtakuBoards

Guide To Becoming An Internet Superstar At OtakuBoards - An Essay

DeadSeraphim

[QUOTE=DeadSeraphim][size=1][color=indigo][font=arial]As much as the mutual masturbation you two are doing is amusing, being an annoying dick doesn't make you a superstar. Making ad infinitum methods to define yourself as such makes you even less of a superstar and more of a D-Grade horror movie actor, that one guy everyone including the paparazzi always avoids on the red carpet.

Exposure isn't superstardom, [i]respect and admiration[/i] is superstardom.[/font][/color][/size][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]>_< I did the first one as a joke, those guys just went to town. God, why do I go and associate myself with these people...[/COLOR]

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE=DeadSeraphim][size=1][color=indigo][font=arial]As much as the mutual masturbation you two are doing is amusing, being an annoying dick doesn't make you a superstar. Making ad infinitum methods to define yourself as such makes you even less of a superstar and more of a D-Grade horror movie actor, that one guy everyone including the paparazzi always avoids on the red carpet.

Exposure isn't superstardom, [i]respect and admiration[/i] is superstardom.
[/font][/color][/size][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Navy]If I'm on OtakuBoards' D-list, [B]so be it[/B]. That's where I am, and I'll show it with [I][B]pride.[/B][/I]

Just remember, when the years come and go, the members that haven't been here long, will be senior members much like you, Dead. This brings me to a real method.
[B]I'm sick of joking around.[/B]

[B]Method 31:[/B] Be okay where you stand

If your not popular, and people know that, be okay with your rank. Soon after resuring yourself that being you is good, people will begin to notice you. Soon you'll become more known around OB, as "the guy who just doesn't give a crap about popularity."The process may take long, but it's worth it.

[B]Mentors:[/B] Premonition[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]There's something i think a lot of the more colored members forget about - while they may not be as accepted on the surface, there are as manny n00bs as there are respectable members on OB, and there are as many truly annoying ones as there are powerful good members. Now, to the more powerful members, someone of may not be respected, but they could be highly respected among the n00b populace. They wpn't talk about them on TV, but everyone in they hood knows who they be, knaamean? We're like... the OB ghetto.

Okay, basically what I'm getting at is that i'm king of the n00bs. For some reason, they all seem to ally themselves with me. they send me friendly PMs (usually full of typos), they flock to join my RPs, and when I ask them to be members of my posse they oblige without second thought it seems. So... I might not be famous by your standards, but I be keepin it real up in da hood, g.

>_> *waits for someone to shoot me 9 times*[/COLOR]

DB: no one's saying you aren't famous, I'm sure there aren't many members here (especially in this thread) that don't know who you are. But you and your gang certainly aren't superstars, at least not by Dead's yardstick - and as thread starter, Dead has the privilege of shaving the yardstick as long or short as he likes.

As Des suggested, more lolz and less thread derailment plz. Where by thread derailment I mean posting any method where the 'mentors' include yourself. I mean, how vain do you have to be? (I'm not just talking to you anymore, DB, so no need to get spikey - there are a fair few culprits and I'm sure they know who they are.)

I've enjoyed this thread so far. I think a lot of other people have too. Over the last page or so it's been dragged down with ego massagers. The lesson to remember is: [b]you [/b]don't get to decide whether or not [b]you[/b] are a 'superstar'.

[FONT=Tahoma][B]Method #?? - Play [I]Literati. [/I][/B]

It's a great way to make contact with other members (new and old) in a fun and relaxed environment, you might learn new words to add to your vocabulary, the games will usually provide brilliant quote material for your sig, and if you're [I]really [/I]lucky you could earn yourself a 24-hour ban from OB!

[B]Mentors:[/B] Sara ([B][I]Queen [/I][/B]of Literati), Shy ([B][I]King [/I][/B]of Literati), Kei (Literati [B]Boss[/B]), Shinmaru (Literati [B]Ace[/B]).

[B]Bonus Mentor:[/B] Charlie/Heaven's Cloud (Literati [B]Joker[/B]).[/FONT]

[QUOTE=Premonition][COLOR=Navy]If I'm on OtakuBoards' D-list, [B]so be it[/B]. That's where I am, and I'll show it with [I][B]pride.[/B][/I]

Just remember, when the years come and go, the members that haven't been here long, will be senior members much like you, Dead. This brings me to a real method.
[B]I'm sick of joking around.[/B]

[B]Method 31:[/B] Be okay where you stand

If your not popular, and people know that, be okay with your rank. Soon after resuring yourself that being you is good, people will begin to notice you. Soon you'll become more known around OB, as "the guy who just doesn't give a crap about popularity."The process may take long, but it's worth it.

[B]Mentors:[/B] Premonition[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Oh God. Don?t become Kathy Griffin. I beg you.

Method [insert what ever number here]: [b]Something Productive..[/b]

Whether?s it?s by allying yourself with random people just being weird or something of the sort, do [i]something[/i]. Add to threads, post anthology works, just do something productive. Realize that people have their noob moments. I?ve had them, and if you saw my PM inbox, I could give a list of names. Just do something. Yes, it?s fun to irritate others in a plethora of ways, but think: [i]Is it really getting you anywhere?[/i] Also, post things that make others think. Hell, you could even make a friend whom you PM constantly and have random discussions with, thus having most of your pm?s from that person.

Role Models: The Boss. The Mods. Raiyuu. Shy. Shinmaru.