OtakuBoards

Clandestine Clues

Claire

[FONT=Arial][CENTER][IMG]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb93/ombramorti/ccbanner1.png[/IMG][/center]

Welcome, once again.

Before we start, I just want to clarify. The point of this game is to decipher the clues and answer the question that helps solve the murder mystery. Once found, clues should be posted and talked about in this thread and helped deciphered as a collective effort (or if you want, you can try to do it all on your own.

In any event, I hope my premiere "RPG" turns out to be fun. :]

[CENTER][B]PART ONE - With What?[/B][/CENTER]

In this section, you need to find out what weapon was used in the murder. Our ghost only had enough time to pass this short clue over from the other world.

[CENTER][I]Those words
Belong in a place for friends
What words?
[URL=http://s206.photobucket.com/albums/bb93/ombramorti/?action=view¤t=Video.flv]They're around here somewhere[/URL] [/I][/CENTER]

You have all the time in the world to work on this (I'm still not sure how hard it is :/). Good luck![/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma]The most obvious part of this seems to be "A place for friends", a possible reference to Myspace.com, as it is the motto. Now to look around a bit to see if anything else matches up, though I have to admit i'm not entirely sure in what manner we are meant to extract the answer from. [/FONT]

Did anyone notice the link to the primo video... It's linked to "They're around here somewhere" Anyway, I couldn't make out all of the words, but perhaps it's the screen name of who we should be looking for on myspace... Just a thought, but it looked like "______ Macabre" I couldn't tell the first name. Perhaps Danza... I don't know.

[B]EDIT:[/B] I typed in "www.myspace.com/danzamacabre" and it took me to a site with 1 picture, a little bit of information, a song by Joy Division, and this:

"to find your direction
all you have to do is listen
those three words
one of them should be a modifier.
the answer lies
in a diary alive
go."

That's my contribution for the day... I'm completely thrown off by this clue. Perhpas it has something to do with the song? I don't know... Help if you think of anything.

[FONT=Tahoma]Diary alive makes me think of Livejournal, yet I cannot confirm because for some reason the site is giving me problems. The three words could refer to the title of the song though, "She's lost control"...using that in conjunction with livejournal in some way, perhaps a username or a title could be one way to go.

I am also trying to figure out if "Ombramorti" has any significance, and incorporating that the profile says from Palermo Italy, it could be an italian word. Again, that's just one way of looking at it, but it could play another significance or none at all.[/FONT]

Well, I wasn't so sure about LiveJournal, but it seems that Ombramorti is a link to The Clurr's LiveJournal. As far as it being Italian: I have a translating website and nothing came up with the word "Ombramorti"

Anyway, about three entries down, is the exact same clue we were just given... The first entry is about a ghost though, so I don't know if that's significant... i can't find anything indicating a clue though...

Here's a quick link for everyone though:

[B]Edit:[/B] Hmmm, sorry about the bad link. I could have sworn I copy the address correctly. When I went to search for the LiveJournal account, I couldn't find it anymore... It went from 1 result to 0 results under google... It seems that we'll have to find another way to get to the site unless we're going about this the wrong way.

[QUOTE=Dictionary.com]mod·i·fi·er
?noun 1. a person or thing that modifies.
2. Grammar. a. a word, phrase, or sentence element that limits or qualifies the sense of another word, phrase, or element in the same construction.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1] well, there's the definition for the word modifier.

and [URL=http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/She's-Lost-Control-lyrics-Joy-Division/CF18B91DFAB7D86F4825695B00005D45][B][U] here[/B][/U] [/URL] are the lyrics to that Joy Division song.

I did some translation with the word word Ombramorti
and it turns out that Ombramorti is two words.

Morti means shadow
Ombra means died.[/SIZE]

After much serching, I found the the LiveJournal site again. here it is:

[URL]http://nilsnectar.livejournal.com/[/URL]

Anyway, in the clue it says something about listening to something and those three words, which basically indicates listening to the song and using "The three words" to unravel whatever it is we're supposed to find in LiveJournal... The only three words that are pretty obvious is the title: "She's Lost Control"

I bet there is something in one of her journal entries that indicates the next clue or the answer... But I don't really want to read through all that again. Someone else give it a try.

And I think Ombra=Shadow and Morti=Death. (Think about the word Mortician)

[SIZE=1] well I read the posts in the Livejournal, the first one I couldnt find anything / a quick skim through the others though qualified as rubbish.[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Dictionary.com] mor·ti·cian
?noun funeral director.

funeral director
n. One whose business is to arrange for the burial or cremation of the dead and assist at the funeral rites and who is usually an embalmer. Also called mortician, undertaker.[/QUOTE]

[FONT=Tahoma]A little message from our dear host from her LJ >.>

[quote=Clurr]It's not here.

Just a hint; while you are on the right track, I haven't put any clues in my personal blogs and such.

I'm also pretty confused as how you all got here in the first place, hah.

And to my LJ people, I've been awake for close to 24 hours now. Its pretty cool how I get more and more hyper as it gets earlier and earlier. A little while ago Caitlin and I moshed around in the kitchen. Wheeeeee.[/quote]

Lol, I guess that takes care of that lead. As for the word, Ombra would most definitely be translated to Shadow, and Morti to death if we were to look at it that way, Umbra meaning shadow in Latin and Mortis meaning death. However I suspect it is simply a username used by Clurr for certain things, as it was mentioned as "posted by" on the site with the vid, and her LJ confirms she made it for this game. As well as it being the name on the myspace profile, so we can probably rule that out as any part of a clue as well.

The song and the clue given on the myspace profile are still leads to be followed though.[/FONT]

Well, then I'm completely stumped... I have no idea how to even figure out what three words the song is talking about and even then, I wouldn't know how to use those words to find the next clue...

AH, so confusing!

[size=1]Right now I'm trying to figure out what "a diary alive" could be. I mean, the only thing that comes to my mind is someone's memory. Whose memory? Yet, that could be totally wrong.

Uhh... XD

Edit: Also, there is a blog program called Alive Diary, but you have to download it... but if she said none of the answers are in her blogs, I highly doubt this is a place to look... Just a thought, though.[/size]

[SIZE=1] well I put shadow death into the myspace search engine, and came up with no leads.

right now I put shadow of death through the display name search engine and I got 50 hits on it, and I'm coming up with no positive leads.

[B][U] EDIT:[/B][/U] I put shadow of death through the name search engine, and came up with no positive leads

I still have to put mortician through the search engine.

[B][U]EDIT:[/B][/U] no leads on mortician.[/SIZE]

[FONT=Arial]Hey; just because the clues aren't in MY blogs doesn't mean they aren't IN blogs.

Here's one more hint to help you out:

SHIFT your eyes to your hands
Help is right below.

Yay for being cryptic.[/FONT]

well, I think that's fairly simple clue:

Shifing our eyes to our hands (as in the hands we use to type) in which case, the key right below Shift would be "Ctrl" which is an abbreviation for Control... Which is also one of the three words "She's lost Control" that we've been trying to figure out.

In any case, I think it's a safe bet to try out that blog that Fyxe pointed out. Maybe the blog name is Control or She's lost control... Whatever, let's just try it.

EDIT: Nevermind, I couldn't find anything on that stupid Alive Diary... Perhaps it does have something to do with LiveJournal and we were just going to the wrong site. I'll give it a shot.

[size=1]I think LiveJournal is our best bet, but it's a pain in the ass to find anything, because they have horrible search features.

I already knew the word we were looking for was Control, but, that still doesn't help me in the slightest. :P[/size]

[Size=1] when I think of the word control, and it's coming from clurr / all that comes to my mind is:

Kiss And Control / AFI | DecemberUnderground

the lyrics can be found [URL=http://www.sing365.com/music/Lyric.nsf/Kiss-And-Control-lyrics-A-F-I-AFI/55789F7FFFA3720D48257177001121AF] [B][U] here[/B][/U][/URL][/SIZE]

Well, I thought about the latest clue... And it's killing me that everyone's stumped, and I may just be wandering around in the dark here, but after examining the "Control" key on the keyboard, I realized that maybe it wasn't meaning so literal (since it's got to be the modifier)

C-T-R-L. Since we already know that it's got to be somewhere on LiveJournal, perhaps these letters point to which site we should go to...

I came up with it while I was texting a friend. Like maybe, C could mean "See" and T-R-L could be the abbreviation for something as a commonly used tool on LiveJournal??? Like maybe, on interests search, we could try TRL, (The MTV show) and see if it comes up as something???

Like I said, I may just be grasping at randomness, but it's worth a try, right?