OtakuBoards

Project Starship Underground

SunfallE

[quote name='Aaryanna_Mom']Anyway, I'm looking forward to our first mission, especially since everyone is on board so to speak. :catgirl:[/QUOTE]Same here, that was the first thing I noticed when I signed in. That and BKstyles post about the upcoming mission or rather upcoming post that will result in the rest being revealed. It's odd, even though it hasn't been that long it feels like I've been waiting forever for this to get going. So I'm eager to see that post go up. ;)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[FONT="Tahoma"]Everyone feel free to make a post before Indifference's post, as long as you don't move things along past the explanation of our first mission ;P. After Indifference's post, there will be no post order or limits, it's free for all on the way to our first destination :).

Note about the rooms BTW: Marcus took the liberty of placing his officers in rooms, the rest of you can work things out as you'd like. Whether or not you want to room with one another or not, we have enough rooms technically. Marcus is just running things the way it normally is in the military.[/FONT]

[COLOR="Indigo"]And there you have it, if I got any of that confused or off, be sure to let me know. But it's definately time to launch the Argo Navis and get this show on the road. ;)

Oh and because doing something like this is fun...

[CENTER][IMG]http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/81/18465920070622051632ra4.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
Have fun today BKstyles, enjoy your youth while you can. :p[/COLOR]

[quote name='indifference'][COLOR="Indigo"]But it's definately time to launch the Argo Navis and get this show on the road. ;)[/COLOR][/QUOTE]Agreed. I'm very curious to find out just why people are disappearing, especially since those who are vanishing are not even using the gates. That's got me wondering just what in the world is going on. lol Oh and if someone wants to put their character in the same room as mine feel free.

Anyway... Time for some fun! :catgirl:

[size=1]I'm very interested in seeing where the gate storyline goes. In the meantime, I'm coming up with some theories myself, and building underlying tension between Nakeisha and Kendra.

These in-between posts are always a little awkward. Bleh.

-Shy[/size]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="goldenrod"]:bawl: Awww! We were posting at the same time. And after I put so much work into that too. XP So what do you want to do Shy? Since our posts contradict one another a bit. >_<[/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='Aaryanna'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="goldenrod"]:bawl: Awww! We were posting at the same time. And after I put so much work into that too. XP So what do you want to do Shy? Since our posts contradict one another a bit. >_<[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE][size=1]How amusing.

I can just change out your character for someone else's. I was hoping to interact with you at some point, but I suppose there will be plenty of time for that.

Also, I made Catherine my character's roommate only because I'm not sure if anyone else could tolerate her at this point.

[b]Edit:[/b] I switched her out for Morrison. I hope The Boss doesn't mind.

-Shy[/size]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="goldenrod"][quote name='Shy'][size=1]How amusing.

I can just change out your character for someone else's. I was hoping to interact with you at some point, but I suppose there will be plenty of time for that.

Also, I made Catherine my character's roommate only because I'm not sure if anyone else could tolerate her at this point.

[b]Edit:[/b] I switched her out for Morrison. I hope The Boss doesn't mind.

-Shy[/size][/QUOTE]No worries there, about interacting. Teresa is beyond hyper, I expect that before long she'll annoy quite a few people.

Also... you're not the only one thinking of all sorts of theories about that gate. Hehe I know I've got several ideas running through my mind.

As for these posts being awkward, the inbetween ones, I would have never guessed. I positively loved your first post where Nakeisha assumed the Colonel was hired help. That was just too funny! :catgirl:

Also, if the boss minds... I say we bonk him. :p Kidding! ^_^

Hmmm.... Perhaps Teresa's hyperness is a reflection of my own state of mind. XP [/COLOR][/FONT]

[SIZE="1"]
Ok. Well I errm launched the ship? ... ... let me know if you want anything changed BK and Sunfall and everyone else cause I winged it mostly. >.> -runs away to hide in shame and other things-

First post In the underground thread woo! Umm yeah.[/SIZE]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][quote name='Disenchanted'][SIZE="1"]Ok. Well I errm launched the ship? ... ... let me know if you want anything changed BK and Sunfall and everyone else cause [B]I winged it mostly[/B]. >.> -runs away to hide in shame and other things-[/SIZE][/QUOTE]Actually, that's exactly what we want people to do. :catgirl: And your post was fantastic. If it wasn't clear before, and if that's the case I'm sorry about that, but other than certain specifics like the actual mission, you're all free to wing it quite a bit. ^_~ Though if any of you want a bit more detail as to the actual direction then by all means poke BKsyles or myself. [[SIZE="1"]preferably BK he needs to be poked! :p[/SIZE]] But if anyone feels like we're being to vague, definately let us know. ^_^ [/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT="Tahoma"]Sorry it took so long, but got my post up. It obviously alludes to a couple of future posts but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

On another note, it isn't necessary to wait on myself or anyone else for that matter (unless you are avoiding double posting) to make a post unless a particular guideline or posting order is specified (which won't be done often) so anyone who was waitin on me, did not have to.

Get in some last minute posts before mission time if you'd like, but we should be beggining rather soon.
[/FONT]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]All right, I've updated the first post with extremely brief snippets on a characters personality. Please correct me if I'm wrong and if you wish simply post here with your own description and I'll edit that in. Keep in mind that I'm terrible at writing that sort of thing up. So if I'm totally off please correct me.

I've also started a list of the abbreviations that have been used so far. So everyone will have quick and easy access for looking them up. Much easier than scrolling through all the posts and hunting for a term. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Hurray for lists that are easy to find! ^_^ About the only thing wrong is you forgot to add Catherine Sanderson to the list Beth. Also if you could add that Teresa is a fairly decent cook that would work.

Anyway, since the rest of you haven't posted in a while... I took the initiative and described the layout of the ship a bit more. XP I left the game's open so that people can people can have it do whatever they like.

I looked through the thread, so I think I got things right, but if I contradicted someone else's description just let me know okay. And now... Lets get to that first mission! :catgirl:[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][quote name='Aaryanna'][COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Hurray for lists that are easy to find! ^_^ About the only thing wrong is you forgot to add Catherine Sanderson to the list Beth. Also if you could add that Teresa is a fairly decent cook that would work. [/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]Gah! You're right, I did forget. XP I'll be sure to fix that.

Also, just a heads up people, things are about to get a little more busy so if you want to get a post in before that please do so. Also, don't worry about knowing what to do, to a certain extent we will be handing out assignments, nothing major, but certain points that will be necessary, so some of you can expect a pm in the next day or two. ^_~[/FONT][/COLOR]

All right, sorry that took me so long Beth. I kept getting side tracked by other things. Also, as much as I hate to be blunt here, but we have a number of people who have not posted in over three weeks. If they've lost interest, that's understandable, or if school or other commitments interfere that's understandable too.

But what I'm saying is if that really is the case, I would be interested in either controlling two characters like I do in Silver One or simply writing a few out of the rpg altogether so this won't die out. Because I really want to find out why people are disappearing and what we've run into that resulted in the ship stopping. That and I like Science Fiction rpg's the best and there just aren't enough of them it seems.

Also, no offense people, but nothing in three weeks? That's stretching it in my opinion. Again, sorry for being blunt about it, especially since I am not the creator of this rpg. It's merely my opinion as one of the players.

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][quote name='Aaryanna_Mom;788956]Also, as much as I hate to be blunt here, but we have a number of people who have not posted in over three weeks. If they've lost interest, that's understandable, or if school or other commitments interfere that's understandable too. [/QUOTE]Now worries, that is what the underground thread is for after all, to bring up concerns you have about the rpg. ^_~[quote name='Aaryanna_Mom;788956]But what I'm saying is if that really is the case, I would be interested in either controlling two characters like I do in Silver One or simply writing a few out of the rpg altogether so this won't die out. Because I really want to find out why people are disappearing and what we've run into that resulted in the ship stopping. That and I like Science Fiction rpg's the best and there just aren't enough of them it seems.[/QUOTE]Actually I've already been discussing this with BKstyles so no worries, those of you who are interested in continuing will get that opportunity. [QUOTE=Aaryanna_Mom'']Also, no offense people, but nothing in three weeks? That's stretching it in my opinion. Again, sorry for being blunt about it, especially since I am not the creator of this rpg. It's merely my opinion as one of the players.[/quote]Like I said, that's what the underground thread is for. ^_~

Though it does bring up something I was going to address anyway. And that's interest in the rpg. If those of you who have not posted since last month really have lost interest, then that's not going to bother me. After all, I've signed up for something and later realized it wasn't what I wanted to do. So if that's the case or if your work or school is interfering then by all means let us know.

Otherwise, to be fair to those players who do wish to continue, as of the first of September, unless I or BKstyles hear otherwise, this rpg will be restructured to either hand over characters to someone else in the rpg or said characters will be written out of the story altogether. I see no reason to halt the rpg when over half of those who signed up are still interested in continuing. It's only fair really. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[size=1]I was under the impression that we were going to be given 'assignments' for our posts soon, so I was wating for that to post again. Right now we're at an awkward point in the RPG, so it's difficult to move forward without knowing what the plan is. I don't want to step on anyone's toes, really.

[strike]I'm working on a post now, though.[/strike] Posted!

-Shy[/size]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][quote name='Shy'][size=1]I was under the impression that we were going to be given 'assignments' for our posts soon, so I was wating for that to post again. Right now we're at an awkward point in the RPG, so it's difficult to move forward without knowing what the plan is. I don't want to step on anyone's toes, really.

[strike]I'm working on a post now, though.[/strike] Posted!

-Shy[/size][/QUOTE]You're quite correct, some of you are going to be giving tiny assignments that relate to what has required the Argo Navis to drop out of hyperspace and ironically, even though you don't know what it is, your post actually keyed into the mystery behind why we've stopped.

Also, part of the problem is one of the players has not been on since the 11th so it's made changing who gets what assignment a necessity since they were going to get one of them. That brings up another question and that is the degree of control, although we do plan on giving out assignments, at the same time we don't want to be too controlling and take away your guys ability to add things into the story. ^_~ So I guess I'm curious to know if all of you want more in the way of plot instructions.

Considering what has happened I'm thinking it might have been better to hand out those assignments immediately instead of giving leeway to be creative since based on what you've said it sounds like it was misunderstood. And if that's the case I'll work with BKstyles on fixing that since it's not your guys fault if we weren't clear enough. :catgirl:[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='SunfallE'][COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]You're quite correct, some of you are going to be giving tiny assignments that relate to what has required the Argo Navis to drop out of hyperspace and ironically, even though you don't know what it is, your post actually keyed into the mystery behind why we've stopped.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE][size=1]That's a relief, because I was afraid that I went too far with my post. Note that I didn't specify what this strange space object is, so this will be like the third post about the object itself that doesn't describe it in any detail.

While on the ship I'd prefer to have a lot of instructions for what to post, but it doesn't really matter to me. I have fun annoying Kendra regardless of what is going on within the story.

-Shy[/size]

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='SunfallE'][COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Considering what has happened I'm thinking it might have been better to hand out those assignments immediately instead of giving leeway to be creative since based on what you've said it sounds like it was misunderstood. And if that's the case I'll work with BKstyles on fixing that since it's not your guys fault if we weren't clear enough. :catgirl:[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]That's what I'm thinking, that it was misunderstood. So in that respect it's a good thing that Kathy brought it up since it seems like people were confused as to what they should be doing.

Personally I'm use to how you do things in Silver One, with objectives and all so I like having very basic instructions so I have a general idea as to what's going on. It makes it easier for me to be creative since I know what I can't overstep. Though I've already been working on a way for Brianna to annoy Marcus. :p Since she's kind of peeved that he brushed her off.

Anyway, I say you hand out the assignment that was going to the member who hasn't been on to someone else and we get this thing going. Since like Kathy, I want to find out just what stopped the ship as well as what's going on with the gate later on. And if the other person doesn't get back online we can always have them end up off the ship since something could happen to their character or they could end up needing to leave and disembark when we get to the Cerids Capital. Well once we get past the problem right now that is. Heh.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I like objectives too. Since like Crystia mentioned they make it easier for you to be creative without messing things up. But I also like having a certain amount of freedom, like what I did with Kendra, having Teresa pretty much make her choice as to where she would be rooming for her. XP It just seemed funny at the time.

Also, I kind of figured that since my character is an officer, that I was not one of the ones to get instructions. I was expecting that to happen when BKstyles posted again as the Colonel since it makes sense to me that his character would be telling mine what she would be doing.

Now I just have to figure out if Nakeisha is going to annoy Teresa or not. Hehe, I just love how you do her Shy, with her know it all attitude and making assumptions about what people are doing as well as their abilities. I can see that those two, her and Kendra, are going to be at odds for quite some time. lol :catgirl: [/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Aaryanna'][COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I just love how you do her Shy, with her know it all attitude and making assumptions about what people are doing as well as their abilities. I can see that those two, her and Kendra, are going to be at odds for quite some time. lol :catgirl: [/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]You and me both, I get the biggest kick out of Nakeisha. As well as how hyper Teresa is, I'm thinking she's just a grown up version of you Bethany. :p

Anyway, now that I've been rpging longer it's easier for me to be creative, but I do like having objectives to a certain extent. And since I've got an idea in regards to that transmission Shy mentioned in his post I'll shoot off a pm to you Beth to see what you think. If you like it I'll work it in with my next post.

Though that brings up another question, should I pm both you and BKstyles? [[SIZE="1"]or Matt if you don't mind me calling you that[/SIZE]] I've just got an idea as to the nature of what they have encountered, but knowing what it is would be necessary for what I have in mind. Regardless, I've sent you that pm Beth.

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']
Though that brings up another question, should I pm both you and BKstyles? [[SIZE="1"]or Matt if you don't mind me calling you that[/SIZE]] I've just got an idea as to the nature of what they have encountered, but knowing what it is would be necessary for what I have in mind. Regardless, I've sent you that pm Beth.[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Tahoma"]Don't mind at all. Now that we've heard it from people though we'll work with finding a good combination of offering guidance for posts and allowing freedom as well. Things will indeed be picking up with the next couple of posts, so be ready.[/FONT]