OtakuBoards

Twilight series

Claire

I may be the only guy here who actually liked Twilight. One of my lady friends gave me the book, knowing how much of a vampire nut I am. So, I read it, and I have to say I loved it. It didn't have the psychological aspect of "Interview With a Vampire", but it gave a real, normal life aspect of vampirism. I never read the last two books, however. I really should rectify that ASAP.

In regards to the casting, I love who they did for Bella. I saw her in "Speak", and she was a wonderfully casted actress. She was the main character - a young lady traumatized by rape - and she acted exactly as I pictured her.

However, that was the only film I saw her in, so will she be able to portray Bella? Bella is somewhat, [I]somewhat[/I] related to "Speak", but not enough for them to be put into the same category. I'm certain she will be able to adapt to this role, however.

And then we have who was cast as Edward. The actor does have a sense of arrogance with him, and he looks more like a Lestat than an Edward. But, he does have a hint of that noble dignity that we saw in Edward, so I still have high hopes for him.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Matt']I may be the only guy here who actually liked Twilight.[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Book Antiqua"]Ouch. *manhood threatened*

As for the casting, although I am mildly displeased with the choice for Bella, I'm not digging the Edward choice at all. He doesn't strike me as "dangerous Vampire." But then again, that's why its called acting. Not that I have a better choice of actors.

I'm also interested in who will be cast as Carlisle, who is my second favorite character only to Edward.

I am a little disappointed that Stephanie Meyer isn't going to have anything to do with the filming. I feel that it will leave something missing from the movie.[/FONT]

[FONT="Arial"]I love this story SO much, that I actually wrote a song about Edward and Bella. I'm probably going to post the lyrics as soon as I finish with this message, haha.

I just reread Eclipse the other day, and I've been browsing the information available on the [U][URL="http://www.twilightlexicon.com/"]Twilight Lexicon[/URL][/U], so I'm craving more Twilight like crazy. I was even willing to read some fan-fiction for a little bit, but I couldn't really get past the first paragraph before I had to stop and knock some sense into myself.

I am more excited for this movie than I have ever been for any film in my whole life. :]]]][/FONT]

• 3 weeks later...
[FONT="Georgia"][quote name='Matt']In regards to the casting, I love who they did for Bella. I saw her in "Speak", and she was a wonderfully casted actress...

And then we have who was cast as Edward. The actor does have a sense of arrogance with him, and he looks more like a Lestat than an Edward. But, he does have a hint of that noble dignity that we saw in Edward, so I still have high hopes for him.[/QUOTE]

I think I very easily adapted to Robert Pattinson as Edward. To me, he does have that very inticing and peircing gaze I have always pictured Edward with. It kills me to learn that not everyone likes this actor; I love the guy. I heard tell that he has already read [I]all three[/I] of the books as well. That there just improves my view of him. It's comforting to know that the actor that will be playing the role is extremely familiar with the character, which will make him all the more believable.

I get this weird feeling, too, that once everyone sees Robert Pattinson in the movie and how well he executes his role, everyone's opinion of him will change. I suggest he get ready for a new set of fangirls...and boys.

As for the quote I stole, I saw Kristen Stewart in Panic Room a few days after they announced that she will play Bella. I must say I agree, she [I]was[/I] a wonderfully casted actress. I was having doubts about her until I saw that movie.

I am extremely happy with the casting so far and as well as I picture Emmett and Jacob in my head, I don't think the Twilight production team will let me down.[/FONT]

• 3 weeks later...
[size=1][color=#8B008B]Hopefully the Twilight production team won't let any of us down and I agree with what you're saying about Robert Pattinson. At the moment, he doesn't seem like the 'Edward' a lot of us are imagining, but more than likely a majority will come terms with him being casted as 'Edward Cullen.'

And speaking of casting, I saw the choices for the cast and am a bit iffy on most of them. The one that I can see clearly is Rachel Leigh Cook as 'Alice Cullen.' I think she'd make an excellent 'Alice.'

Now, I'm just wondering...who would be in your cast for "Twilight"?[/size][/color]

[quote name='Revelation'][size=1][color=#8B008B]And speaking of casting, I saw the choices for the cast and am a bit iffy on most of them. The one that I can see clearly is Rachel Leigh Cook as 'Alice Cullen.' I think she'd make an excellent 'Alice.'[/size][/color][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Arial"]Haha, I was like "WAIT A SECOND WAIT A SECOND WAIT A SECOND" when I read that, cos' I thought you meant the official casting choices and I was shocked that it would have been done already.

The only casting idea I had was for Edward, and I would've loved for Gaspard Ulliel to play him.

I also think one of my good friends (the one who let me first borrow Twilight, haha) is secretly Alice. Whenever I reread one of the books I imagine her as Alice.[/FONT]

[quote name='Clurr'][FONT="Arial"]Haha, I was like "WAIT A SECOND WAIT A SECOND WAIT A SECOND" when I read that, cos' I thought you meant the official casting choices and I was shocked that it would have been done already.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=#8B008B]Haha goodness no. I meant, the choices that Stephenie Meyer had. But I suppose that would be my fault; I should've reworded it better.[/size][/color]

[quote name='Clurr'][FONT="Arial"]The only casting idea I had was for Edward, and I would've loved for Gaspard Ulliel to play him.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=#8B008B]At first I was like, "Who's Gaspard?" Then I Googled him and realized he was the young 'Hannibel Lecter.' And might I say, he would definitely make an excellent Edward. In fact, I think that's how I pictured Edward- more or less.

You know who would make a good Bella? Ellen Page. I think she would've made a wonderful Bella.[/size][/color]

[quote name='Revelation'][size=1][color=#8B008B]You know who would make a good Bella? Ellen Page. I think she would've made a wonderful Bella.[/size][/color][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Arial"]I haven't seen Juno yet, so I can't verify that. Hah.

I hardly ever watch movies, so I can't think of actors that would be perfect for certain parts. I haven't even seen Gaspard in a movie, I just think he looks the part much more than anyone else in the whole world (...that I've seen, hah). When I first read the books I just imagined most of the characters as completely made up people, though some as people I know and others as complete strangers. I'll just see someone walking down the hall at school and think, "She looks like Bella!" and that will be who I envision whenever I read one of the books.
[/FONT]

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name='Clurr'][FONT="Arial"]I haven't seen Juno yet, so I can't verify that. Hah.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=#8B008B]Nor have I but I did see her in [B]X-Men[/B]; which she was good in. Though she was a bit young-ish in that one. Still, I think she'd make a good Bella.[/size][/color]
[quote name='Clurr'][FONT="Arial"]When I first read the books I just imagined most of the characters as completely made up people, though some as people I know and others as complete strangers.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=#8B008B]That's usually what I do when I read books but for some reason, I couldn't picture anyone in this book. I could see Bella and James but everyone else was just features and not the entire person.

I bought [B]New Moon[/B] and [B]Eclipse[/B] since I finished [B]Twilight[/B] like a few days after I bought it, so I'm hoping to visualize the characters this time. Although...Bella is frustrating me even though I'm only on the third chapter.[/size]

[size=3][B]AND!!!![/B][/size] [size=1]They're shooting [B]Twilight[/B] in Oregon! It's where I live. I'm so excited. ^_^

On a more serious note, some of the cast for [B]Twilight[/B]'s been set. Though, I'm not sure I agree with some of the choices. I just can't seem to picture them playing the characters. Like the girl who's playing Alice, for example. I just can't seem to see her as Alice.[/size][/color]

• 2 weeks later...
Well i know they have one more book coming out after eclipse..i dont know the name. and i also think they are coming out with a movie. heard the cast wasn't so great. anyway i really enjoy the series myself.

[size=1][color=#8B008B]The book's called [B]Breaking Dawn[/B] and it's coming out [B]June 2[/B]. They are also making a movie, which is being shot in Oregon and Washington. I believe it comes out this fall?

Anyways, if you check Stephenie Meyer's website: [B][URL=http://www.stepheniemeyer.com]stepheniemeyer.com[/URL][/B]; you can see all of the details.[/size][/color]

[quote name='Revelation'][size=1][color=#8B008B]
On a more serious note, some of the cast for [B]Twilight[/B]'s been set. Though, I'm not sure I agree with some of the choices. I just can't seem to picture them playing the characters. Like the girl who's playing Alice, for example. I just can't seem to see her as Alice.[/size][/color][/QUOTE]

Yeah, I can't see Cedric Diggory (Robert Patterson) from Harry Potter playing as Edward. I googled this Gaspard Ulliel mentioned before and found that he would actually would be a far better Edward. I don't mind the Bella actress though. I haven't seen the other ones yet.

On someone else's note, I thought Breaking Dawn is coming out on August 2, not June 2. And the cover release is on May 31.

[quote name='wolf of sorrow']On someone else's note, I thought Breaking Dawn is coming out on August 2, not June 2. And the cover release is on May 31.[/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=#8B008B]^_^;;
Pardon my mistake; [B]Breaking Dawn[/B] DOES come out on August 2 and the special edition of [B]Eclipse[/B], which includes excerpts from [B]Breaking Dawn[/B] comes out on May 31.

Also, as I've said before, Stephenie Meyer's website is a great place to go to for detailed information on the movie, her books, etc. So check it out. =][/size][/color]

Here's a link to the picture of the cast of the Cullen family.

[URL="http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2008/02/19/twilight-films-first-family-of-vampires-is-finally-revealed/comment-page-3/"]http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2008/02/19/twilight-films-first-family-of-vampires-is-finally-revealed/comment-page-3/[/URL]

I think it's a good cast, though Jasper (Far Right) didn't look like what I expected. Was he a long blonde in the book?