OtakuBoards

The Fairer Sex

eleanor

[SIZE="1"]Alex lives up to his nom-de-guerre once again as the legendary PoisonTongue.

Also, Nerdsy sums up the "chick in your shirt the morning after" analogy pretty well. It means she's somewhat comfy and only has to take off one piece of clothing to get naked again. Happy days. :p[/SIZE]

[quote name='The Blue Jihad']Man, when I see three medium length paragraphs discussing [I]evolutionary sexual dynamics[/I] when answering a question about sexual attraction...that's when I point my finger at you and tell you outright that you're overthinking things and basing your sexual advances on downright stupidity.[/QUOTE]
[font=Arial]And this is where you're bitterly mistaken. I'm not sure how I can tell you this, but I'm not a one-dimensional actuary of random fact... I'm a sociable person as well. You make the assumption that because I ramble off about these things, I lack the social facility to get laid. And science has never been a suitable substitute for raw social skill when interacting with people.[/font]

Guest The Blue Jihad
[quote name='Retribution'][FONT=Arial]And this is where you're bitterly mistaken. I'm not sure how I can tell you this, but I'm not a one-dimensional actuary of random fact... I'm a sociable person as well. You make the assumption that because I ramble off about these things, I lack the social facility to get laid. And science has never been a suitable substitute for raw social skill when interacting with people.[/FONT][/quote]

So since we're being honest here, when's the last time you got any? If it's within a month, I'll ignore your stupid, piddly, pissant teenager ramblings and posturings.

And you call me bitterly mistaken when you've obviously got no sensible grasp on what sexual dynamics and interaction actually involve? Retri, you were bringing in evolutionary theory. If you knew how to get laid, you wouldn't even bring up evolutionary theory in a hypothetical discussion such as this.

[quote name='The Blue Jihad']So since we're being honest here, when's the last time you got any? If it's within a month, I'll ignore your stupid, piddly, pissant teenager ramblings and posturings.[/QUOTE]
[font=Arial]Still a virgin, but sexual experience is not necessarily reflective of social facility.

[QUOTE]And you call me bitterly mistaken when you've obviously got no sensible grasp on what sexual dynamics and interaction actually involve? Retri, you were bringing in evolutionary theory. If you knew how to get laid, you wouldn't even bring up evolutionary theory in a hypothetical discussion such as this.[/QUOTE]
There's this complicated two-tier system called the conscious and unconscious. It's kind of abstract, but I was talking about the unconscious, which more or less run free of your direct influence (the instinctual). The second piece is the conscious, which is what you're talking about, you know, "She's hot, I'm gonna ask for her number". You're making the mistake in more or less saying the two are mutually exclusive.

In addition, I wasn't talking about how to get laid. The possibility looms large that you're just trying to be snarky, and in doing so you're totally overlooking what I was talking about.[/font]

Guest The Blue Jihad
[quote name='Retribution'][FONT=Arial]Still a virgin[/FONT][/quote]

You lost all credibility right there. Thanks for playing.

Guest The Blue Jihad
[quote name='Retribution'][FONT=Arial]It's unlike you to give up... where's the destruction of all my points, the invincible rebuttal you're so known for?[/FONT][/quote]

It's called "You're a virgin, so GTFO"

Any of your nonsense about the conscious and [B]sub[/B]conscious is purely that. Nonsense. Anyone who's had actual experience with sex and sexual dynamics knows that there is no multi-tiered system in place.

And as my good friend Gavin so eloquently said, "Get ***** then post"

[quote name='The Blue Jihad']Any of your nonsense about the conscious and [B]sub[/B]conscious is purely that. Nonsense. Anyone who's had actual experience with sex and sexual dynamics knows that there is no multi-tiered system in place.[/QUOTE]
[font=Arial]Eh, that's not true and I don't need to have sex to know it.

- Tier one: She's gorgeous, I want to hook up.
- Tier two: I want to procreate.

End of story.[/font]

Guest The Blue Jihad
[quote name='Retribution'][FONT=Arial]Eh, that's not true and I don't need to have sex to know it.

- Tier one: She's gorgeous, I want to hook up.
- Tier two: I want to procreate.

End of story.[/FONT][/quote]

You are wrong. This is coming from someone who's been having sex with many people for many years.

Procreation has nothing to do with seeing a pretty woman and wanting to fock her in her arse.

End of story.

Shy, I love you. Josh is a smart guy, folks. He's hot AND he knows how to work it.

[size=1]There's nothing fair about sex. Ugly people date attractive ones all of the time. Sometimes being cute isn't everything, and having a real personality will help you more in the long run.

Go get a date and stop wasting your time arguing about sexual dynamics on OB. The end.

-Shy[/size]

[quote name='Shy'][size=1]There's nothing fair about sex. Ugly people date attractive ones all of the time. Sometimes being cute isn't everything, and having a real personality will help you more in the long run.

Go get a date and stop wasting your time arguing about sexual dynamics on OB. The end.

-Shy[/size][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="1"]Absolutely correct, Shy. Ugly and average people date attractive ones all of the time, attractive people date attractive people all of the time. People are cute in their own ways and it's up to the person looking to see what they like. I mean...I have bars that need to be met or all the girl gets is a hearty handshake. I think in the last 4 years, I've only had really had 2 serious relationships(both just happened to end in cheating - not me of course*), can't count how many FoBs I've know since...

*I'm pondering whether or not someone cheating on you makes you more...prone to do it yourself in the future. Any thoughts? Girls are evil:animeswea, but I still love them anyway.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][quote name='Lunox'][font="trebuchet ms"]How do you feel about ugly guys who date pretty girls, or when ugly girls date pretty guys?[/font][/QUOTE]Nothing really, the only time seeing an ugly guy with a pretty girl or a pretty guy with an ugly girl bothers me is when the ugly/less attractive one is a jackass. Though that bothers me whether someone is cute or not. I don't get why people stay in a relationship when the other person is a jerk. Then there's the thing that I don't care how good looking a guy is, if he's a jackass... I'd never date him. [/FONT][/COLOR]

Well I have no problem with a good lookin gal or guy gettin with a less attractive guy or gal. Looks are temproary. If the pretty person gets his/her face split open he/she won't be pretty anymore. Hopefully their relationship wasn't based too much on looks.

Well, when I was a teenager it kind of bothered me, but now? I've kind of gotten where the whole deal of seeing a pretty girl with an ugly guy and vice versa gets little to no reaction from me at all. Sometimes I wonder why it even bothered me when I was younger. Now it seems to be more of a, if they are happy together who cares? type of deal. Or maybe it's just because in the end, it's none of my business who someone dates anyway. Heh.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Navy"]This coming from someone who has been on both sides I think it is based partially on atraction to apperances but more so on personalitys and copatability. Think back in high school for those of us who are no longer in that time period.
The jocks dated the cheerleaders and the band geeks dated the out casts freshman year, but as we all got older are looks changed and so did out personalitys, eventually you would see a football player date a bandgeek and a cheerleader date an outcast. Simply because things change, people change and so do their out looks on life. Your superficial when your young and in school cause without knowing it your following the criteria of the school life being with who matches your clique or whatever. Not saying all schools are the same, my school barely had cliques, we had cheerleaders date the trouble makers and hell I'm a band geek that married a football player. So I mean every one has a diffrent opinion and a diffrent out look. No one is wrong in what they've said, we all have our own looks on it and it's slightly pointless to keep argueing the point of who is right or what it right in dateing. As I always say, a person can never help who they love. It never picks the person you were always dreaming of, but as you get to know the person that was picked for you you realize that maybe it was for the best. I myself never saw myself settleing down and haveing kids and I'm going on my one year anniversay with my husband. Life's funny that way, unexpected and irrational. Nothing is ever when it seems to be anymore, things just aren't based on outwark apperance anymore. And for those of you who think it is all about sex, that's not true either, and no one can say I'm a virgin and dont know what I'm talking about. I'm married with one child and pregnant with my second at this very moment. To some it is alot, to others it's not. For me it's on a diffrent level. It's somethng that I don't really like to share. I've had one lover in my entire life and that's my husband and I want to keep it that way. It's not based on our looks or our sex life. My relationship is strictly kept alive on how well me and my husband get along and how well we go together.
All I'm trying to say is to some looks are important, those of us who think that the guy wth a good looking girl or girl with a good looking guy is just lucky, it's of basis, maybe the other just isn't as shallow to look at strictly apperances like all of society thinks we should.
Whew, that's my $2.00 on it.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Lunox'][font="trebuchet ms"]How do you feel about ugly guys who date pretty girls, or when ugly girls date pretty guys?[/font][/QUOTE]I always want to laugh when this is asked since I'm one of those pretty girls that if I'm dating a more average guy, people will ask me why are you dating him? You deserve better. And the truth is that kind of shallow thinking annoys the hell out of me. Even though I do like the guy I date to be good looking, I'm not some perfectionist and people's ideas of what they consider ugly varies a lot.

About the only thing that really turns me off is a guy who doesn't have good hygiene. Or he's an obnoxious jackass. I don't care what he looks like if he's a jerk. And if he's a sweetheart I especially don't give a damn if he's not the prettiest guy around.

I guess some of that comes from getting hit on a lot, sure initial attraction is important, but I find it annoying when someone won't look beyond a certain level of what they consider attractive. Since I find that shallow as well and extremely unattractive. I might start with how they look, but it's what they are like that keeps me around more than a nice face or body.

So I guess that's my way of saying I really don't care if an ugly guy dates a pretty girl and vice versa. [/COLOR]