OtakuBoards

Where can I get pictures of manga studios?

Guest charistianjuan

Guest charistianjuan
I am a manga artist and I just got a new art room in my house. Can you suggest any site that has pictures of manga /anime studios and a list of products I can refer?

[color=darkblue][size=1]I'm quite inclined to agree...

However, there have been some manga where the authors share a drawing of what there spaces look like. As has been mentioned, Naruto author Masashi Kishimoto has shown his in one of the released tankoubons, as has Black Cat's author, Kentaro Yabuki. I don't know exactly which volume it was for either, however. I can give you an idea of what I think a nice set-up would be.

Ideally, I would set up stations for each section of my process of pagination: a corner to think up ideas and draw up some roughs, a small desk for initial layout and drawing with all the pencils, erasers and other things I need, and another small desk for inking, toning and finishing (of course, this could just be a place for your work computer if you're a digital artist). I would also have a file cabinet to store copies of each page (just in case something happens to the original and for reference).

As far as basic set-up goes, that would suit me, but it's your room, so you should set it up however works best for you. After all, no two people are exactly alike. :)[/color][/size]