Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[size=1][indent][center][img]http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/4931/wwnundergroundrf7.jpg[/img][/center][size=1][list][*][url=http://otakuboards.com/showpost.php?p=789655&postcount=15]Editor at Large - [b]Nuevoxraiha[/b] - Loren Fignon[/url]
[*][url=http://otakuboards.com/showpost.php?p=789675&postcount=16]Head Photographer - [b]Blayze[/b] - Alex Mason[/url]
[*][url=http://otakuboards.com/showpost.php?p=789686&postcount=17]Photographer - [b]Sandy[/b] - Eowyn “Moongold” Rivendale[/url]
[*][url=http://otakuboards.com/showpost.php?p=789710&postcount=19]Reporter - [b]Kei[/b] - Naomi Jergunson[/url]
[*][url=http://otakuboards.com/showpost.php?p=789699&postcount=18]Freelance Reporter - [b]Gavin[/b] - Spence Fulbrook[/url]
[*][url=http://otakuboards.com/showpost.php?p=789655&postcount=15]Cub Reporter - [b]Shy[/b] - Liam Schuster[/url]
[*][url=http://otakuboards.com/showpost.php?p=789655&postcount=15]Intern - [b]Yoshi[/b] - Jack Jones[/url][/list]
[/size][/indent]

Our cast of characters are not the only employees for the Weekly World News, so feel free to create NPCs to interact with if you’d like. Aside from maybe myself and Yoshi, most of the reporters and photographers have been working together for quite some time. Try to play off of the idea that there are established relationships between the characters (Loren not liking Naomi, for example.)

[b]Upcoming Plot Points [Updated 8/30][/b]

The story will start in the Weekly World News’ ‘Bullpen’ with each player arriving to take part in the publication’s weekly staff meetings. There story ideas are pitched and the staff decides which articles will make it to publication, and who will be writing those stories. Please come up with your own ideas for stories you would like your characters to investigate!

Please put questions, comments, and/or ideas for your characters or the RPG in this thread. I should have the first post up sometime tonight.

-Shy[/size]
Posted
In my post, the two photographers discussed about an article about crops circles in Kansas and another about a ghost van in Arizona. These ideas can of course be scrapped or postponed in the upcoming meeting.
Posted
[quote name='Sandy']In my post, the two photographers discussed about an article about crops circles in Kansas and another about a ghost van in Arizona. These ideas can of course be scrapped or postponed in the upcoming meeting.[/QUOTE][size=1]Either of those ideas are fine. Once the stories are decided on I'm not sure how I'm going to split up the group. I suggest you guys use this thread to split into smaller groups for you to investigate the stories themselves.

Great job so far guys. Hopefully the rest of the players will begin posting soon.

-Shy[/size]
Posted
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Just incase my post didn't cover it, I want to impress upon you all that Loren Fignon is a troll. A beast. A monster. A jerk. Of course she has her moments.

But if you feel any reason or any need to portray her as fulfilling some sort of social courtesy, make sure she does it secretly or clandestinely. She hates it when someone thinks she's nice, even for a second. Oh yeah, and if you screw up, she'll mangle you. Most likely by putting you on world's most boring job, or worse still ....desk duty. Bury you under a mountain of paperwork and all that.

Enjoy![/FONT][/COLOR]
Posted
D'Ann, my character is a photographer, not a reporter, so hopefully you weren't thinking that she'd make the article with Jack Jones... Just checking. ;P
Posted
[quote name='Sandy']D'Ann, my character is a photographer, not a reporter, so hopefully you weren't thinking that she'd make the article with Jack Jones... Just checking. ;P[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]I was thinking you sort of held his hand while he stumbled through the mechanics of being a reporter. Oh yes, and I said 'in the field' so that could mean you just cut him lose once you're out of the office...
[/FONT][/COLOR]
Posted
I don't know if I'm being too hasty, but I got the feeling the editor-in-chief gave my character an order to get rolling, so I did. Just tell me if my character needs to stay in the building for a longer while, Josh.

Also, my post brought up the question of the location of the World Weekly News office. I was assuming it'd be somewhere in the hot California (in which case it would be possible to drive to Arizona by a car in a moderate amount of time), but please correct me if you want the location to be something else.

That's all for now, I guess.
Posted
[quote name='Sandy']I don't know if I'm being too hasty, but I got the feeling the editor-in-chief gave my character to get rolling, so I did. Just tell me if my character needs to stay in the building for a longer while, Josh.

Also, my post brought up the question of the location of the World Weekly News office. I was assuming it'd be somewhere in the hot California (in which case it would be possible to drive to Arizona by a car in a moderate amount of time), but please correct me if you want the location to be something else.[/QUOTE][size=1]We can be based in California, that's fine. Instead of Los Angeles, though, let us be based in the coastal city of San Diego.

You and Yoshi can begin your trek out to Arizona if you'd like. You two seem like an unlikely pair, so it only makes sense that you team-up like this. That leaves me with Kei and Gavin with Blayze? Premonition appears to not want to post, so we'll assume that he's no longer a participant.

Raiha: What exactly do you have planned for your character while we're out investigating?

-Shy[/size]
Posted
[SIZE="1"]Well I don't mind having Liam tag along with Spence. I was thinking of having him work on a supposed case of Scientologist time-tampering in Hollywood. [/SIZE]
Posted
[SIZE=1]I don't mind who I'm teamed with - I'm sure I could make just as good a story teamed with Gavin as I could with Kei.

I'm assuming that if I'm doing this story that Raiha suggested on Lindsey Lohan and Bigfoot then we'd be heading to Hollywood? Or does anybody else know where Lindsey Lohan actually lives?

I'll post as soon as I know who I'm being teamed with.
[/SIZE]
Posted
[quote name='Blayze'][SIZE=1]I'm assuming that if I'm doing this story that Raiha suggested on Lindsey Lohan and Bigfoot then we'd be heading to Hollywood? Or does anybody else know where Lindsey Lohan actually lives?[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Pfft, Lindsay Lohan has a house in Hollywood just like all the other overpaid crackheads they call "star celebrities". XP
Posted
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Of course she could ALSO have a house in swanky La Jolla, the upscale part of San Diego where lots of spoiled rich people live too...


.....I think Loren Fignon will spend some time making dossiers on each of her employees, or worse still, get interrogated by her boss for results. My goal is to make a character to lord over her in a horrifyingly crazy and EVIL manner. But I'm open to other suggestions.[/FONT][/COLOR]
Posted
[size=1]It appears that Kei and I are going to investigate El Chupacabra being hunted by Elvis in Mexico.... that can't be right, can it?

Also I included a bit about Loren having to meet with her publisher shortly, which is why she seems so short at the meeting (no pun intended, I think.)

-Shy[/size]
Posted
[SIZE="1"]I should hopefully have a post for sometime either tomorrow or the day after, unfortunately my high school work load has been far more severe than I thought it was going to be, at least this early. Still I'm fully committed to the RPG.[/SIZE]
Posted
[size=1]I'm sorry to say this but I think I'm going to end the RPG now. This isn't a slight to anyone in particular, but I was never really impressed with the response WWN has received so far. I think it's fair to say that we can all spend our time and creative energies on other projects we have more of an interest in.

Thanks again to everyone who has participated. I hope this doens't discourage anyone from signing up for more RPGs in the future (especially mine!)

-Shy[/size]
Posted
[SIZE="1"]Pity, it was an enjoyable RPG while it lasted. Maybe at some stage in the future you can relaunch it and it'll have more success.[/SIZE]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...