OtakuBoards

The Not-so-official Soda Thread

Aberinkula

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]I used to be a major soft-drink addict, I think my record was once going through something like fourteen 390ml cans of Coke in one day, which is probably somewhere shy of five and a half litres of the stuff. Yeah, even I grimace thinking about it now.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

For some reason, Gavin, I always thought of you as a cola person. Probably because Johnny Bravo reminds me of Franky from One Piece. Besides the fact that Johnny doesn't wear a speedo on a daily basis, that is. Anyway, I've never really cared about name or generic brand. I usually go with the cheaper option. Lemon-Lime calms my stomach no matter who made it. But, to each his own, I guess.

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]
Also, brand > generic. That really is just a given.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="2"]Eh, I don't know, I can't really tell the difference as far as taste goes. I mean there really isn't much difference in the two other than the name. Of course, then again I am referring to Sam's Choice, so I'm not too sure about everything else. But hey, if you gotta choose between Sam's Choice and brand name, why go for the brand name when you can get the same taste for a cheaper price? Just a thought.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Andy'][FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="2"]Eh, I don't know, I can't really tell the difference as far as taste goes. I mean there really isn't much difference in the two other than the name. Of course, then again I am referring to Sam's Choice, so I'm not too sure about everything else. But hey, if you gotta choose between Sam's Choice and brand name, why go for the brand name when you can get the same taste for a cheaper price? Just a thought.[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Ay-men, Brutha. There are exceptions, though. While I'll go buy a 12 pack from Safeway any day, You wouldn't catch me with an RC cola unless money or threats are involved. The most vulgar aftertaste EVER. I swear by it. Then again, I've been known to drink Ketchup packets for 5 bucks, so what do I know?

[quote name='Andy'][FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="2"]Eh, I don't know, I can't really tell the difference as far as taste goes. I mean there really isn't much difference in the two other than the name. Of course, then again I am referring to Sam's Choice, so I'm not too sure about everything else. But hey, if you gotta choose between Sam's Choice and brand name, why go for the brand name when you can get the same taste for a cheaper price? Just a thought.[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]I was referring to generic store-based colas we get here in Ireland, like St. Bernard's, Supervalu or Tesco Cola, all three of which are really closer to be industrial solvents than soft drinks. So hence, brand > generic for me.[/SIZE]