OtakuBoards

The Not-so-official Soda Thread

Aberinkula

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]We have a hot chocolate thread, but not a soda thread? The nectar that feeds the soul, stomach, and teeth doesn't have a thread? We'll just have to fix that now won't we?

So is there any soda you love to drink? Or do you feel like vommiting when you drink some? Do you like generic or brand name colas? Discuss soda here.

As for me I'm an addict to Mountain Dew. I just can't go a day without it. I've even polished off a carton of milk, just so my father would take me tot eh stre, then I would buy a Mountain Dew. I love every flavor that has been released. From Code Red, to Pitch Black. I've tasted them all. Yet, nothing beats the original.

I used to drink Root Beer, right until I got sick to my stomach from drinking it. Too sweet, I guess.

Soda, discuss![/COLOR]

[COLOR="Indigo"]I do not drink soda. Carbonation makes me sick to my stomach so I avoid the stuff like the plague. About the only thing I use soda for is to speed up the process when I am sick and feeling like I'm about to throw up. I usually keep a few cans on hand just for that purpose. Primarily because often when I am sick, once I do throw up I feel better. But other than that, I never drink the stuff. [/COLOR]

[font="trebuchet ms"] I love soda, but I limit myself. I usually only drink it at parties or when I go out to eat, which works out well. But every day? How do you manage it? lol

My favorite is classic Coke. [spoiler]Also, Coke > Pepsi. Don't deny it.[/spoiler] Sprite and Dr. Pepper come in at a close second, though. And orange Fanta or Sunkist is always a yummy option, too. :)

Diet sodas are sort of sketchy, though. :/ Splenda? Bleh.
[/font]

[quote name='Revolver'][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]As for me I'm an addict to Mountain Dew. I just can't go a day without it. I've even polished off a carton of milk, just so my father would take me tot eh stre, then I would buy a Mountain Dew. I love every flavor that has been released. From Code Red, to Pitch Black. I've tasted them all. Yet, nothing beats the original.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]I can't go [i]ten minutes[/i] without it. I personally have been burning through 2-liters daily, and a couple days last week I wen tthrough 2 almost single-handedly. i get real antsy when I don't have it, too. When I use the word addiction, I don not use it figuratively.[/COLOR]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"] i get real antsy when I don't have it, too. When I use the word addiction, I don not use it figuratively.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]I get hyper when I don't have any. It's like Ritalin for me. my friend has a special routine actually. Drink mountain dew, pee, listen to music, drink some more Mt. dew, repeat.

My parents say it can mess up your face. "I drink too much", they say. I'll tell you when I've had enough. >_>

What's worse is that my mom will buy either diet or vault when she goes to the store. I've dumped it out on the lawn cause I didn't liek it. Then I yelled at my mother for it not being the real thing. I also have the tendancy to chug too much. [/COLOR]

[quote name='Revolver'][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]What's worse is that my mom will buy either diet or vault when she goes to the store. I've dumped it out on the lawn cause I didn't liek it. Then I yelled at my mother for it not being the real thing. I also have the tendancy to chug too much. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Prem, I think you have a problem that goes far beyond soda O_o

I hate Vault, but my bro swears by it. I'd rather commit seppuku than drink Diaet MD.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][quote name='Revolver'][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]What's worse is that my mom will buy either diet or vault when she goes to the store. I've dumped it out on the lawn cause I didn't liek it. Then I yelled at my mother for it not being the real thing. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]If you really yelled at your mom over something as silly as soda... *smacks Revolver* You earned that for yelling instead of asking nicely for the regular kind. :p [spoiler]And yes I'm assuming you have not. lol Either way I'm kidding. [/spoiler]

Anyway, I don't drink soda very often, it's just not my thing. I prefer ice water and lemonade. And by lemonade I mean the kind you make yourself from packets that is sugar free. I love pink lemonade. Occasionally I'll add some sprite to it but not very often. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="2"]I heart Diet Dr. Pepper. Seriously, that and sweet tea are like as important to me as my brain. I drink, like, at least one 2 liter of Diet Dr. Pepper a day, and usually around 2 gallons of sweet tea each day. But those are like the only drink's I drink, and as for other soda's? No. They do not even come close to the awesomeness of the Diet Dr. Pepper.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Aaryanna'][COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]If you really yelled at your mom over something as silly as soda... *smacks Revolver* You earned that for yelling instead of asking nicely for the regular kind. :p [spoiler]And yes I'm assuming you have not. lol Either way I'm kidding. [/spoiler]

[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]I used to enjoy your presence, but now, I'm afraid to come any closer. I had a rough day anyways, my non-existan hamster died. [spoiler]excuses don't work on the net.[/spoiler] I hugged her later if that helps.

Plus, without caffine, I can't stay awake, and I get irratable.

Oh, you guys can still call me Prem, or Rev.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][quote name='Revolver'][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]I used to enjoy your presence, but now, I'm afraid to come any closer. I had a rough day anyways, my non-existan hamster died. [spoiler]excuses don't work on the net.[/spoiler] I hugged her later if that helps.

Plus, without caffine, I can't stay awake, and I get irratable.

Oh, you guys can still call me Prem, or Rev.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]Hehe, that's why I said under the spoiler tags that I was kidding. :catgirl: Besides, just as excuses on the Internet do not work, neither do smacks. ^_~

Oh and I forgot to mention, I do like Fresca, though I don't have it very often. Especially the Black Cherry Citrus flavor. Good stuff! [/FONT][/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Oh goodness. [COLOR="Red"]DIET COKE[/COLOR]. [COLOR="red"]Diet[/COLOR]. Freakin'. [COLOR="red"]Coke[/COLOR]. I swear, I'm addicted. It's scary!!!

It has to be [COLOR="red"]Diet COKE [/COLOR]though. Name brand, FTW. The other brands don't taste the same -- too sweet. I'm not picky about much, but I like my [COLOR="red"]DIET COKE[/COLOR].

Other than that, I enjoy [COLOR="PaleGreen"]Sprite [/COLOR]but not much of anything else. I hate root beer and really hate [COLOR="DarkRed"]Dr. Pepper[/COLOR]/[COLOR="darkred"]Mr. Pibb[/COLOR]/Whatever. Regular [COLOR="red"]Coke [/COLOR]is icky, too.

Mmm, [COLOR="red"]Diet Coke[/COLOR]![/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]I prefer diet soda as well. I just don't care for the way the syrup is so sickeningly sweet in regular soda. So I always get either diet Coke, Pepsi, Dr. Pepper or Fresca. About the only think I don't care for is Splenda. That stuff gives diet soda that sweet taste that I don't care for. lol

Right now my favorite is diet lime or cherry coke. But in the end, so long as it's diet I'm happy with Dr. Pepper or even Pepsi.

Oh and Cystia, it's funny you mention that you use soda when you need to throw up, when I'm sick, its the exact opposite, it seems to be soothing and helps curb the nausea, especially sprite for some reason. I live on sprite and chicken noodle soup when I'm sick. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT="Arial"]I go through long periods where I'll only drink one kind of soda, eventually getting sick of it and finding a different obsession.

I think it started with Cherry Coke and lasted for months. When I couldn't tell the difference between cherry coke and regular coke anymore, I started drinking Code Red Mountain Dew (I love cherry flavored things). Eventually the cherry taste disappeared in that, too, so I tried regular Mountain Dew. That lasted the shortest, I think, and now my favorite soda is rootbeer. <3 Unfortunately I ran out, and my mom bought more Code Red at the store, so I'll have to make do with that until my dad goes grocery shopping again.

I detest diet, though. Right now I have a box of diet Code Red sitting in my room from who knows when, and I barely ever drink any of it. I think the only times I had some were either when I had no other sodas at all and wanted something other than water, or when I had already had too much regular soda and needed some caffeine (usually when I attempt to pull an all nighter).

Oh, I was addicted to Full Throttle for a little while. It wasn't like I went through withdrawals or anything, it was just that when I wasn't drinking it I craved it. It's not like it tastes all that great, but I did like it a lot.

As for energy drinks (which are still just sodas with tons more caffeine), I love Vault. Especially Cherry Vault, which I can get for like 79 cents at the gas station.

I've also tried Celsius, which has like 200 mg of caffeine and claims to burn calories after being consumed. I've tried three of the four flavors; lemon, wild berry, and "soda," and I think lemon is probably the least terrible. My friend warned me not to drink the ginger ale kind because it "tastes like soy sauce."[/FONT]

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Revolver'][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]It's true, sprite or ginger Ale can calm a stomach. I'd suggest that indiff, next time your stomach is punching your belly. Because puking feels terrible. XP[/COLOR][/QUOTE]It makes no difference, those get me just as much as other soda's do, if it's carbonated that is. Besides, like I said, often once I do hurl, I feel a lot better. Otherwise you feel that way all day long, nauseated and sick, and I'd rather just get it over with. lol

Anyway, I mostly stick to water, juice and occasionally I'll have lemonade like Aaryanna mentioned. The type that's sugar free and you simply mix it with water. Though I like the raspberry flavor instead of regular lemonade.[/COLOR]

I am addicted to soda.

That's almost all that I will drink. So far, I like all of the brands that I have come across except maybe those Vanilla kinds. Some of my favorites though...

Coca-Cola, Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, Root Beer, Bubbleman II, Ramune (although not so into it now because nowadays, a lot of US treats it like the new "Pocky" D=), Qoo... Well, I'm not sure if Qoo is a soda or not. I can't even tell if something is sweet or not.

Qoo is probably my favorite. If that's not a soda, then...

Coca-Cola is my favorite. Well, the American kind is sorta strong, though.

Also, I'm okay with generic brands, and I like to lol at some of their "creative" names. But if a generic and brand name was put in front of me, then I'd definitely take the brand name one, especially since it's more expensive.

I think I'm the biggest soda freak around my frieds I think Prem would agree he's seen me! Well I love Coke any kind I normally go for Sam's choice from walmart because it's like 69 cents for a 2 liter, but I don't really care of the brand as long as its COKE! I go threw about 2 or 3 teo liters a day, so when we go to the store I stockpile up about 25 or 30 bottles at one time. It doesn't help that I smoke I'm so unhealthy ill probably die at the age of 40 :animesmil

I'm not a big soda drinker since having it on hand in my apartment requires carrying it up three flights of stairs since there is no elevator. lol So I get a twelve pack of Fresca and have it on occasion. But not very often. I do like lemonade, but then that's because you can get it in a powder form which doesn't weight a lot when you're taking groceries up to where you live. I think when I move I'm going to get an apartment on the bottom level or live in a complex that actually has an elevator. Though I'll probably just continue to drink very little soda.

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Prem, I think you have a problem that goes far beyond soda O_o

I hate Vault, but my bro swears by it. I'd rather commit seppuku than drink Diaet MD.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I've tried Diet Dew, it's similar in taste, but the aftertaste leaves much to be desired (i.e. a finger down your throat.)

Anyway, I'm inclined to agree with Clurr. Cherry > ALL.

[SIZE="1"]I used to be a major soft-drink addict, I think my record was once going through something like fourteen 390ml cans of Coke in one day, which is probably somewhere shy of five and a half litres of the stuff. Yeah, even I grimace thinking about it now.

Laid off it a few years back in favour of more water, because I was getting really run down from not having enough in my system. I still enjoy a can of Coke or 7-Up every once in a while with certain meals, like fast-food or Chinese, but wouldn't be able to drink any more than two or three cans without getting sick of the sweetness.

Also, brand > generic. That really is just a given.[/SIZE]