OtakuBoards

Dexter

Cyriel

[center][IMG]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c135/Minneymin/untitled.png[/IMG][/center]
[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]The first time I heard about this show I thought that my friends were talking about that cartoon, Dexter's Laboratory. This is definitely [i]not[/i] the same thing ^_^;;

I recently watched the first season (only one is out so far), and the premiere of the next season is Sep. 30. Wow, although this show can get a little creepy sometimes...I absolutely cannot stop raving about it! The show is such a crazy mix of quirky humor, oddly endearing moments, the most whacked-up relationships, all with a "dark" storyline.

For those of you who haven't seen it yet, Dexter is about a man named Dexter Morgan. By day he's a forensic analyst who specializes in bloodstain patterns, and works for the Miami-Dade Police along with his tomboyish (but highly attractive) adoptive sister Deborah. By night, however, Dexter is something of a serial killer with a constructive mission, only choosing targets that deserve to die (like criminals, child molesters, murderers, etc).

Does anyone else watch this? The first season was amazing - any expectations for the second season?[/FONT][/COLOR]

[color=darkred][size=1]I watched this show ages during the first season, over at my ex's house. I'm hoping to still snag the series somehow, but I did really enjoy it. I'm hoping to grab the books too, since they've gotten really good reviews.

--Chris[/color][/size]

THe first episode of the new season was on tonight and it's off to one hell of a good start. It had been a while since I last saw the show, but they remind you pretty quickly of why you got into it in the first place. They do replays through out the week and for anyone who didn't catch season one, they do a recap at the begining of this first episode to the second season. Plus, season one is also available on DVD.

I recommend this series to anyone over 13. Younger then that then I'd need to ask where your parents are.

I considered making a Dexter thread after I watched the first season during the summer, but eh, I'm lazy. Glad someone did the work for me.

Anyway, I love this show. Dexter is a great character, and Michael C. Hall brings him to life like few others could. He was especially brilliant during Dexter's more intimate moments with Rita; I was torn between pity and neverending laughter at Dexter's reaction to [spoiler]Rita going down on him.[/spoiler] So wonderful.

The side characters are all great as well. My favorite is probably Doakes. Not only is he a badass but he also has a strong sense of honor that makes him so much more than the typical brutal cop character. He developed so well as the season went on.

So, yeah, I'm really looking forward to this season. I'm at work right now, and thus unable to watch the season premiere, which makes me a very sad man. I'll catch up tomorrow, I suppose. :(

P.S. I finished [i]Darkly Dreaming Dexter[/i] the other day. It's not bad, and Dexter is still a great character, but the TV show is a LOT better than the book. The characters are vastly underdeveloped in comparison; also, the big reveal ([spoiler]that the serial killer is Dexter's brother[/spoiler]) is rushed and isn't done as well as it is in the show.

EDIT: Season premiere was good. It's going to be interesting watching Dexter juggle so many pressures in his life with Doakes on his ***, Deb going after Dexter hard (and not knowing it), and problems with Rita. I think my favorite part of the episode was the half jokey/half sinister moment where [spoiler]Dexter thinks, "I can think of easier ways to deal with it" when Doakes asks Dexter if he'll report Doakes for harrassment. That really makes me wonder whether Dexter will be forced to bend (or even break) Harry's Code in order to survive this season.[/spoiler]

I just got the first season on DVD and it's amazing. My opinion is that Dexter is the best show that T.V. has to offer right now. It has a fairly deep story, a wicked twist, and it's literally never a dull moment on that show. Plus Dexter is a BAMF because you don't get much cooler than being a serial killer that kills by his morals. I didn't know there was a book though... I'll have to look into that because if the show is this good then i need to know where it all started!