OtakuBoards

Things you will look back on fondly

eleanor

[font="trebuchet ms"] The thread idea popped into my head today, and it's basically what it says! The original titles was "things you sort of hate now but will look back on fondly", but I thought it'd be better if I cut it down.

For me it'll be my newspaper's bed day or late debate meeting (just got back from one right now!). For newspaper bed day basically all the editors get together in the publications lab and finish 80% of our paper (as a member of newspaper, it's a rule at my school to procrastinate and dump all the work on your section editors ;)). Usually we stay from the end of school until 11:30-midnight, either working, cursing the slow computers*, joking around, making Chick-fil-A runs, trying to eat almost frozen chicken from Kroger, and editing the hell out of everything. Everyone 'dreads' bed day, but I know after I leave high school it'll be something I look back on fondly. For all the faux-complaining we do over bed day, it's always pretty entertaining... although sometimes it can just be stressful and irritating.

*As in really, really slow.

My other one is the debate meetings I have with Lincoln-Douglass debaters, which is basically just us starting out critiquing each others' debates and predicting arguments and somehow ends up with everyone clowning around or making food runs. [/font]

Such a fond thread guy the one thing that I really do look back at so fondly is because of my slight sentimentality was my very first tongue kiss. It was so wild and I just felt so ecstatic afterwards. It was crazy but that was like...umm, I don't know how many years ago but I started eary on getting to know the opposite sex but I definaly remeber that because it was with a girl who I really like, yeah I know I sound like a sensitive homo but I really enjoyed it.

I will remember anime fondly, when I had time to enjoy it. I am currently in some weird "new" phase, where I'm repulsed by reruns and things I have seen before. Unfortunately, every new anime I've tried turns me off and feels like a waste of time. I have so little time for entertainment that if a show goes nowhere for the first five minutes, I can't bring myself to enjoy the rest of the show even if it turns out to be good, because my mind keeps thinking, "Oh God, I wasted my free time watching this?!"

I will remember how many girl squabbles my best friend and I had in high school, and the most severe one made us stop talking for a year. Ironically, her loss sparked our reunion... Lemme tell you: having a crush on an active, athletic valedictorian is not worth a friendship, and if the girl dies by drunk driving, it makes you appreciate your friends even more. Ok, I'll fondly remember the girl squabbles, but it always reminds me of that tragedy too! T_T

Thanks for reminding us we're old, Lunox. You whippersnappers always have to rattle our cages. :-P I'll repost when I come up with more!