OtakuBoards

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

silpheedpilot

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="SlateGray"]Since I'm getting sick of everyone talking about Nintendo Wiik games I thought I'd try a new one out for size.

Call of Duty 4:

If you're a man, a gamer, or just like being a man and playing games in general than you should probably be playing this at the present moment between bouts of Assassin's Creed.

This game just screams greatness at every polygonal seam. The visuals are outstanding and the sound quality is amazing but it's the game play that really sets it a cut above. The controls are tight and everything moves and feels as it should in an FPS of the next generation.

The single player campaign was wonderful to run through and the story itself was pretty intriguing with the over-laying plot of nuclear disaster with a pinch of vengeance thrown in for good measure. Somethings left me sitting there going; 'Aw crap.' or 'That was awesome!'
It really does have one of the single greatest ending sequences in video game history to it's name. A+

The multi player is where this game shines. Balance is a key factor in the multi player component of games and this one really sets the bar on being balanced because I never feel overwhelmed by one weapon and not another.
The game types are your standard fare like death match and team death match with some neat additions like Oldcore that makes you feel like you're playing an FPS straight out of '98.
The rank system, not unlike Halo 3 and Rainbow Six Vegas, rewards those who do good by giving them new equipment, camo, and perks to use against the opposition.
Most of the equipment is beneficial in some way if you like to use it and most of the perks are useful to someone in some way or another.
Need that extra set of lungs to hold your breath while sniping? Take the Iron Lungs perk. Wish you could shoot people through walls easier? Take the Deep Impact perk.

The maps are well thought out and some really rock while others really suck. A particularly awesome level is called: Downpour which, while raining, is a really balanced map that rewards the keen eye as well as the keen trigger finger.

All in all I feel this is by far the best multi player game available.

Call of Duty 4 is mos def a contender for game of the year even if it does have some stiff competition.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]So I tried it out on my boss's PC during work because, let's face it. Even if I'm going to get exploded in the first five seconds, at least I can say I tried it.

So I tried it.

And I got exploded in the first five seconds.

And that was the end of my experience playing Call of Duty 4. Unfortunately, because I work at Gamestop, I have to crush the hopes and dreams of men on a near daily basis because we sold out of it the first night it was out. People didn't reserve their copies, not listneing to my advice that it'd be super popular. But yeah, it's selling like crazy every time we get our requisite six copies in. And I get a milion phone calls of angry males wanting it and cussing me out for not having it. Oh well. Sue me.[/FONT][/COLOR]

^ Well you seem to be having a problem, lucky for me that I reserve a copy of Call of Duty 4 and that game is sweet.

[size=1][COLOR="Navy"]Let's see. Need more "umph". Why do you think the game is sweet? And lastly, you don't need to quote the entire post of the poster above especially when there post is alot longer than yours. ~Tombstone~[/COLOR][/size]

I actually got to play this last Saturday at a gaming convention in Australia. I must admit that it is quite impressive and I'm getting it delivered to my house tomorrow.

A bit of a bugger for you Neuvoxraiha, It's looking like it'll be almost as popular as Halo 3 and we all know how long it took before you would have a good chance of finding a regular copy on sale.