OtakuBoards

Soul Nomad & The World Eaters

Aberinkula

[color="#776560"][B][U][SIZE="3"]Soul Nomad & The World Eaters[/SIZE][/U][/B]
[B]Rated:[/B] T: Blood, Fantasy Violance, Sexual Themes, Strong Language
[B]Company:[/B] NIS America

This gaem is, very, odd. It's like a choose yourown adventure story turned video game, and it turns out both fun, and weird. the story, te continet of Prodesto was once ome toa great war. Three beasts known as 'World Eaters' destroyed vilalges. These demi-god like beings were controlled Gig, a smart-mouth, yet funny as hell, god. Gig was the Monster of Death and the God of Destruction. But some old women put him into a sword.

200 years later, you obtain this sword... and Gig. You play as a hero, you can be either male or female, it doesn't matter, and you even name the hero.

Remember how I said it's like a choose your own adventure book? Well it is, what you do impacts what happens. Some choices called 'bad endings,' or somehthing like that, make you restart the game all over... and I mean all over, however you get to keep your character's level, which isn't bad.

There's a bunch of neat features as well, you can pick fights with people on the streets using 'Gig Edicts' which are the game's items.

The game is fun IMO, even though I've yet to continue past the fight with soem idiot, cause I've had to restart more than 5 times cause of the whole story path thing. Sadly it is 2D, which I don't mind. Yet seom people will be turned off by this aspcet, owever I don't care. Good story-line, good strategic game play (the battles are waged on a checkers board type thing) good music and soand, and funny characters.

Plus unlike a lot of T rated games, it swears as much as the rating allows it. It says 'hell,' 'damn,' 'numbnuts,' '****,' and 'wench' among other words. And these are just a few that Gig says. He says 'asskicker'... I'm going to stop there so this thread doesn't look degenerative.

Oh, it also has a lot of fimiliar voices, and the style is reminescant of a few animes. You'll just have to buy the game to find out for yourself cause I can't remeber which animes yet. And if you were wondering, the setting is in a med-evil type world.

[B][U]Final Impresions[/U][/B]
It's a good 2D strategy RPG, wiht a complelling storyline and witty characters. Plus it's an anime style game, which is a bonus. Anyways, it's sure to be one of my favorite games for the PS2, I give it a 9/10.

Now I ask, has anyone heard of this game? Has anyone played or want to play? And if you've played this game, do you like it and why[/COLOR]?

• 1 month later...
Wow almost alot of misspell word in this thread here. To answer your question, I have heard of the game, but never got a chance to play it. I don't know, much I heard of the game is that it is an average game and what I said that I never play it was because I haven't bought it yet. So I guess I'll wait until I have enough money or wait until the price for the game lower.

[quote name='Blitz_Kid']Wow almost alot of misspell word in this thread here.[/quote] I counted twenty. A neeeew record!

As for the game, I'm intrigued, even though I'm not a big RPG fan. So many games make me wish I had a PS2.

I half expected (OK, way more than half) this to be yet another game just like Disgaea from these guys. I actually checked it out and it looks pretty interesting. I actually had never even heard of it before, although I've completely turned off my PS2 radar aside from the hope of a Persona 3: Fes release in the US.

I'll have to look into trying this one.

• 3 months later...
I finally bought the game last week and I past the game yesterday and I say this game is awesome because it is different from other previous title that Nis america made in such a way. The tactical RPG is still there with some different stuff in it, like you can use combo move with different character with different class of character to choose from. The storyline to Soul Nomad & The World Eater is pretty good because most of the time it is interesting to listen to and there are some funny parts also. So overall, I say this game is very fun if your an Nis fan or a anime/RPG lover.

• 1 month later...
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][SIZE="4"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]OHHH I loved that game and beat it! But then I went back and beat it again just to get the [spoiler]romantic ending where Gig and the girl character have to fall in love![/spoiler] I was a happy camper :)[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[size=1][color=red]Added spoilers due to the fact that some people have not played this game. Future references, please use the spoiler tags. ~Phenom~[/color][/size]