OtakuBoards

2008!!!!

2010DigitalBoy

[quote name='Whiteblaze'][FONT="Arial"]Happy New Year to all!

Is it just me or does anyone else notice how people seem to believe that 2008 in particular will be a great year? I know it's a New Years thing to have better hopes for the new year, but everywhere I go there are people expressing that 2008 is going to be a very good year.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Now here's what I'm talking about. People believe it's going to be a great year. And hey I'm not complaining, I think and hope so too.

Oh and DB do you think you'll do something special on birthday this year? Because you know it only happens every hundred years!

I would love to when my 11/11/11 birthday rolls around in a few years, but I don't have anything in particular in mind right now.

I'm not really a New Year's Resolution kind of person because I could be inspired or moved to do any number of things that I did not give a resolution to do. Carrying them out takes motivation to want to do it and focus to stay with it.

However I'll say that with all that I have learned in the past and this past year especially, I want this year to be the best.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]There's a few good reasons that I know 2008 will kick ***, and that's because as of the end of 07 I have everything sorted out. Within 07 I emerged from a 2 year depression (June) gained a hobby/lifestyle that I enjoy most (started in Feb, became serious in September) discovered what it meant to always be having fun (September-October) even in the face of immense hardships (October-November) figured out that I really can do anything I want (end of November) and spent the last month preparing myself to finally 'become' (hence my resolution)

Oddly enough when I woke up today (8:30 Pm >.>) my parents were watching 'The Secret' which was a beautiful and inspiring coincidence as if god (my heart) knws exactly where to go from here. This will be the beginning of a great life, 2008.

I have to go back to school tomorrow which will be hilariously awkward (was out the entire week before break with illness) so I simply can-not-wait to see where the future goes!!!

*briming with optimism!!!*[/COLOR]

[quote name='Jeremiah']I hope 2008 turns out to be a cracker year.

It's election time over here in New Zealand and I resolve to help get my party of choice (National) into a term of office (although that will be some time away.)

Then there's the Parachute music festival that I get to go to this year, and that will be a heap of fun. I've been waiting nearly 2 years to go back again.

Other than that, I'm not sure what the year will bring, so I'll just take it as it comes.[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Arial"][COLOR="Sienna"]*gasp* It's election time already? Actually, I shouldn't be surprised, I actually forgot to vote for the recent mayoral elections :animesigh But really? National? Not that there are many choices to pick from.

I've heard Parachute is a great place for selling drugs and alcohol at inflated prices. Any plans for Rock2Wgtn? It's going to be big from the looks of it :D

[SIZE="1"]P.S West side represent :P[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

I've tried to think of resolutions as people put it, but 2008 won't be any different than any other year. I'll just keep working on what I'm already doing, finishing up my education and other things that are important to me. So I guess it's just a way to make a list of things I'm already doing. XP Though I suppose I could resolve to actually learn how to cook, or at the very least learn how to make something. Well besides noodles and soup that is. lol

[size=1]I'm going for minimal procrastination, but gods know how long that's likely to last. Still.

I'm lovin' the optimism, DB. I'm along the same path, actually. Insanely happy with how my New Years went, was insanely happy - and I've slept over at my boyfriends house so many times that I think I sleep better with him than alone. Well, I guess that's a given but... it makes me feel better. Which, in turn, makes this year destined to be better. I broke up with the worlds biggest jerk (who I had been dating 2 years) last September, and am now dating one of the sweetest guys I know. Yeah, I guess you could say this year will be better.[/size]

[quote name='Arispa'][size=1]I'm going for minimal procrastination, but gods know how long that's likely to last. Still.

I'm lovin' the optimism, DB. I'm along the same path, actually. Insanely happy with how my New Years went, was insanely happy - and I've slept over at my boyfriends house so many times that I think I sleep better with him than alone. Well, I guess that's a given but... it makes me feel better. Which, in turn, makes this year destined to be better. I broke up with the worlds biggest jerk (who I had been dating 2 years) last September, and am now dating one of the sweetest guys I know. Yeah, I guess you could say this year will be better.[/size][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]That's awesome! I know this will be a great year for you as well, I can feel it in your post! Good luck to your relationship![/COLOR]

This is probably a little late, but hey, I've been too busy with the start of school and all.

Um, resolutions:....?
I'm sure I made like two, but I made them when I was drunk.
And then I passed out.
So I pretty much forgot.
I'm sure I'll still try to keep them,
but it will be pretty hard to know when I break them.

OH! Wait, one of them was I'll try [I]not[/I] to pass out when I go drinking from now on. I don't like being the "laugh" of the party. And it's depressing when you sleep through all the merriment.

Another one... *Wait I'll think of it in a bit*....

Anywho. I completely agree with DB! 2008 will kick ***! Wanna know how I know? It's very simple: I have exactly five months before graduation!!! Halfway through senior year, and I couldn't be more excited.

[color=#9933ff]I'm just hoping that 2008 involves some major changes for the US government. I just feel bad for whom ever has to take over the presidency because it's in terrible shape.

However I know that 2008 will at least have some major improvements because Bush will finally be out of office! After eight insanely long years it'll finally be over![/color][/font]

Wow, 2008 came by so quickly. Well, I managed to fulfill last year's resolutions, so I guess I'll just hope to maintain them this year (good grades, keep losing weight, the basics).

I also hope I remember to keep posting in this forums, which I somehow forgot :animeblus