OtakuBoards

2008!!!!

2010DigitalBoy

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]My resolution is to work out 6 days a week and to take Sunday for a personal day off in which I do no homework and nothing work related. This couldn't possibly go wrong could it?

Oh yes and I'm also REALLY not sober right now thanks to vodka and cranberry juice as well as vodka and pineapple juice. Sweet.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[color=#9933ff]Just so everyone knows I'm drinking champagne while doing this and I have to be to work in six hours... blah! :animecry:

Hmm, resolutions...Well I could do the cliche lose weight thing. But even though I should I won't.

I'm going to try to be not as damn honest as I am because sometimes I'm too honest. No really, I've made friends cry and hate me for weeks because I just came out and said what's on my mind.

I'm also going to try harder not to lose my temper and to be a better mom to my daughter because I'm really the only parent she has.

Oh and to torture everyone more, I'll be resuming my visits back to the OB

Okay you want cliche? Fine, I'm going to get better at my finances because that passport and that car I want to get in 2010 well... they won't buy themselves.

Anyone want to take bets on who will crap out on their resolutions first? I'm betting that I'll tank on my less honesty one in three days.:animeswea[/color]

[quote name='Kam']I live in Alabama;[/quote]
[FONT=Arial]I feel for you.

I resolve to buy Christmas presents before November 18. I also resolve to give my sisters better hints next year so I don't end up telling her straight out to purchase my next RPG. And I resolve to stop sucking at writing.[/FONT]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]My resolutions almost are non existent, but now that I'm older....I kind of think they're a neccesity. Some of my resoutions are....

1) To be better with cash. Spent wayyy tooo much money on things I could have spent elsewhere.
2) To get serious with my GF. We're pretty serious now, but I wanna try "Living Together" this year and see how it pans out.
3) Maintain my 4.0 GPA in college (it can be done y'know)
4) Be an all around better person. No one is perfect, and I'm not trying to say I wanna be perfect, but I want to be the best person I can be at all times.
5) Start up some great discussions with the great minds at OB. The mainstream v. indiviualism thread was a huge success in my opinion. Maybe I can brew up another good one in the future.

Have a happy, healthy 2008 everyone. Here's to a great new year!

CHEERS![/FONT]

\(^▽^*)Happy New Year, everybody~(*^▽^)/

I hope everyone is enjoying theirs! ∠☆PAN

And I hope there is peace and harmony~ \(^∀^)メ(^∀^)ノ Yay!

As for resolutions... Well, I was going to make a resolution stating that I would stop harassing people online, but I know I can't keep it. Seeing as if I did make such a resolution, it would have been broken a minute after midnight... As well as five minutes after..., and more _| ̄|○

[FONT="Arial"][COLOR="Sienna"]Quit smoking.

Why?

I went out to a small (just over half a dozen people) but loud party, got drunker than I ever have been (I'm a cheap drunk so I typically don't drink much if at all) and proceeded to start chain smoking that entire night. The kicker being, prior to that night I've never smoked a cigarette in my life.

God knows what my bf will do if he finds out, I should save myself the pain and tell him myself.:animestun

Epic fun though, too bad I got called into work early so I showed up completely hammered much to the relief and disappointment of my manager.

So anyone else have any fun New Years party tales to share? [/COLOR][/FONT]

Happy..yeah...I said this a million times at work. For once I am not going to say it. While I type this I am sipping my forty-two ounce water with lemon that I sipped on all night at work. Let me tell you, the McDonalds I work at earned $1200 from people ordering everything on the menu times ten. Working graveyard on New Year's Eve is the [I]absolute worst![/I]

Now on to the resolutions that everyone thinks is manditory.

[LIST]
[*]Go to bed early
[*]Wake up early
[*]Have more patience at work
[*]Study harder
[*]work out more to get my abs to what they used to be. (I'm still skinny but I want to be muscular)
[*]Go to Sakura Con
[/LIST]

My family and I ended up watching Joshua Bell on WETA and playing a heated game of Risk (which I lost--damn you, South America!!). Anyway, here's to another year. :catgirl:

That said, I'm not much of one for resolutions. Why wait until New Year's to decide on getting something done if it was that important in the first place?

~Dagger~

[SIZE=1]I started new years at the second party of the night around lots of domestics and funny stuff (some guy proclaimed "I'm the only one with it here!" and after a few drinks he was on the floor throwing up all night... luckily we vandalized his face). I only just got in, 5pm the next day! 24 hour party people!

But yeah my new years resolution is never to go to a 24 hour party without money again.

And, more realistically, try and quit smoking.[/SIZe]

Happy New Year everyone at OB. It's finally '08. And I woke up and I was like: 'Wait, it's 08 now.' But meh. As for resolutions I can't really think of any right now, so I'll just aim for things that come to mind. >.>

[FONT="Arial"]Happy New Year to all!

Is it just me or does anyone else notice how people seem to believe that 2008 in particular will be a great year? I know it's a New Years thing to have better hopes for the new year, but everywhere I go there are people expressing that 2008 is going to be a very good year.

Has anyone else noticed this?

[quote name='2008DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]HAPPY FREAKIN NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!

This will be the best year ever!!! The only one to surpass 07!!! My birthday will even be 08/08/08!!!

My resolution: BECOME!!!![/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Now here's what I'm talking about. People believe it's going to be a great year. And hey I'm not complaining, I think and hope so too.

Oh and DB do you think you'll do something special on birthday this year? Because you know it only happens every hundred years!

I would love to when my 11/11/11 birthday rolls around in a few years, but I don't have anything in particular in mind right now.

I'm not really a New Year's Resolution kind of person because I could be inspired or moved to do any number of things that I did not give a resolution to do. Carrying them out takes motivation to want to do it and focus to stay with it.

However I'll say that with all that I have learned in the past and this past year especially, I want this year to be the best.[/FONT]

Happy New Year!

I?ve never really committed to any of my resolutions before, but this time around, I hope I do. Basically I hope to do better in college and actually read the textbooks throughly until I understand the material. And getting out of the house and socializing more would be good too. I have a whole lot more, but I think it would better off for me to do things one by one at a slow steady pace.

Well, here?s to a better year! :)

[quote name='Dagger']That said, I'm not much of one for resolutions. Why wait until New Year's to decide on getting something done if it was that important in the first place?

~Dagger~[/QUOTE]C'mon, what other time of the year is procrastination so celebrated? I mean, can you really procrastinate by getting drunk and wasted out of your mind the day before a final? No, didn't think so.

Don't ruin this Holy Day for the college procrastinators, you. =P

(j/k, but this is actually how I feel about New Year's resolutions: glorified procrastination tool)

[quote name='Whiteblaze'][FONT="Arial"]Happy New Year to all!

Is it just me or does anyone else notice how people seem to believe that 2008 in particular will be a great year? I know it's a New Years thing to have better hopes for the new year, but everywhere I go there are people expressing that 2008 is going to be a very good year.
[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[font="trebuchet ms"] For me it'll be a great year or an incredibly ****** year. More specifically, the month of April. lol[/font]

[COLOR="77656"]Well, yesterday at my friends house we watched the ball drop. I stood up and shouted "[B]Suck this 2007[/B]" while I was holding my crotch, Fun ****. This year better be better. The last two sucked. I thought I was bi, I lost like 50% of my friends, I pissed people off, I had my heart broken... it sucked.

This year will be grann, I can feel it in ma bonez.[/COLOR]

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman'][color=#9933ff]
I'm going to try to be not as damn honest as I am because sometimes I'm too honest. No really, I've made friends cry and hate me for weeks because I just came out and said what's on my mind.[/color][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff]Okay it's nearly eight PM Eastern Standard Time. And right now my friend Tom is already making me want to break this resolution! Why must people test me like this?
:animeangr

I can't do it! I'm not a nice person![/color]

I hope 2008 turns out to be a cracker year.

It's election time over here in New Zealand and I resolve to help get my party of choice (National) into a term of office (although that will be some time away.)

Then there's the Parachute music festival that I get to go to this year, and that will be a heap of fun. I've been waiting nearly 2 years to go back again.

Other than that, I'm not sure what the year will bring, so I'll just take it as it comes.