OtakuBoards

Gifts and Curses II

Vicky

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"][i] Adrienne came through the front door, to the greetings of Andras and a pleasant 'hello' from Eiyaga, who was looking her normal self again. Granted, Adrienne had no idea what she normally looked like, but she'd done something with the towel that made her look like she was wearing a toga. And thus, totally decent, she stood up to stand at the kitchen counter, covered with bags. And by covered, perhaps swamped would be a more fitting and descriptive term.[/i]

"You never do anything small, do you?"

"Never! Besides, you needed new clothes and I needed more art supplies."

"It's noo that I'm not grateful for you doing this for me, but I seem to recall only being able to wear one outfit at a time."

[i]The female zodiac waved her hand, making some noise that sounded remarkably like 'stuff and nonsense' wrapped up in a nonverbal sound. Eiyaga carefully unwrapped several bags of clothing, finding a plethora of black outfits that seemed to her almost macabre. She held up a shirt that looked mildly shredded, as if it had been attacked by a lecherous old man wielding a razor blade and suffering from Parkinson's disease. Andras looked over from the refrigerator.[/i]

"I like it. Very vampire."

"I don't think that's quite the message I'd want to be sending here. My business is more making people breathe again, not hack out their last unloved and unmourned through a ruined punctured neck."

"Oh psh, it'll be fine. They'll go with the jeans."

[i]Which were, of course, black. Eiyaga gave Adrienne what she hoped was a good smile. It wasn't that she was ungrateful at all, in fact she was pleased in spite of herself. But did she really appear this emo to the outside world? Maybe it was the eye. It had to be the eye. Excusing herself, she took the clothes that she would feel the most comfortable in and headed for the bathroom, ripping off the tags as she went.

Standing in front of the mirror, feeling slightly confused, Eiyaga looked at herself. She hadn't worn anything but that same tank top and ratty jeans cutoff's for so long, it was disconcerting to see herself in a designer top and Paris Blue jeans. Not that she didn't like the look, but part of her was still confused. Perhaps she'd get used to it. Sighing just a little, she pulled a wisp of her hair over her ruined eye and did the rest up with the hair clips Adrienne had also bought, fluffing up the edges with her fingertips, feeling almost foolish. Thus attired, she walked back into the kitchen, blushing profusely and feeling out of place.[/i][/FONT][/COLOR]

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[size=1][color=#8B008B]Felix?s sister looked at him with incredulous eyes. She couldn?t believe what he was saying. It was written on her face that she didn?t trust outsiders, people who never knew them from years before. She crossed her arms in an angry pout- typical teenage attribute- as her brother explained to her the things he at first didn?t know. She still didn?t relax her pose nor did the fiery betray leave her eyes. That was it. She felt he was betraying her.

Juliet scoffed and shook her head as she sipped on her coke. She sighed, wishing it was a glass of Wyborowa instead. Juliet shook her head lightly and turned her attention back to Felix and his sister. They were signing furiously now, the expression on his sister?s face still angry as ever. Watching his brother and sister argue, Victor quickly came in between them. He signed as quick and as furious as his siblings, who both calmed a bit after Victor had stepped in.

[B]?Sorry about that.?[/B]

Juliet sipped on her coke more. Without glancing at Felix she asked, [B]?Sorry about what, boy? That you and your sister were arguing about the ties of families and how outsiders didn?t understand what you all had gone through? Or perhaps you?re sorry that you bear a responsibility on your shoulders and had nowhere to turn except to us? Or...?[/B] Juliet was now looking at Felix. His brow scrunched in a guilty yet surprised expression. [B]?Perhaps you?re sorry that all of this had happened and you wished it never did??[/B]

Felix stood there silently, his expression still the same. Everyone had become silent.

[B]?So tell me, boy. Which is it? Surely you have an answer??[/B]

Before Felix could answer, his sister spoke first. [B]?He doesn?t have to answer you. You?re not our mother. You don?t know the first thing about him or us.?

?Did I ask you...[i]girl[/i]??[/B] The way Juliet said ?girl? made Felix?s sister drop her arms and take a step back. [B]?I do not remember asking you anything nor did I say you can speak. Speak only when you are spoken to, girl. This conversation is between your brother and me; you have no place in it.?[/B]

The words flowed out like acid, burning Felix?s sister. Though she could have retaliated that with something coarse and rude, she seemed terrified of Juliet. Nam and Harry both looked down at their plates while Juliet scolded Felix?s sister with her eyes. It was one thing to want to protect family but it was another to try and demean and guilt someone.

In one lithe movement, Juliet stood. She knew there was much to talk about, but so little time. She knew it would be best when everyone had their rest and were at their most alert.

[B]?Where is the guest room??[/B][/size][/color]