OtakuBoards

Worst Bands in the World

Aberinkula

[COLOR="1234"]I thought we needed a thread where we can rant about our least favorite bands without causing a comotion in the other threads. Just tell us what bands are the worst in your eyes, and give a discription as to why they are so bad.

[B]Bullet for my Valentine -[/B] Metalcore crap-fest. Some metalcore bands I like, [I]some[/I], but these guys are the reason why I hate a lot of it. They scream like kittens being raped, bound and gagged after being squeezed like a katsup bottle, and they remind me of a big steaming dog turd, however if BFMV was a meal, I'd rather eat the turd.

[B]Boys Like Girls [/B]- After listening to "The Great Escape" I lost hope for the genre. Why? I find them to be the most generic band ever. They make fun of themselves just by making music. I can't stand this song and if I hear anyone say "liek theyre my fav0rite band LOLZ!!!!111!!!!" I will throw up on their lap.

[B]Linkin Park (Mintues to Midnight) - [/B]Why? WHY? All I have to say is crap, crap, crap crap, Crap! My friend said tat this album is better than the older stuff, I wanted to smack hima cross the face so hard his nuts would feel it. Old LP is better, this new stuff is the biggest WTF of 2007.[/COLOR]

I pretty much agree with your statement about BFMV. I get slapped around down here for saying that, but they really don't impress me.

And, of, God...Creed...

However, I pretty much think this thread is going to go down the toilet pretty fast. I'd support closing it, should one of the Amphitheater mods choose to do so.

-Justin

[font=arial][size=1]Thanks for contributing anyway, Panache. I have no idea who you were talking about.

I hate bands like Fall Out Boy, Simple Plan (are they even still active?), and other bands that sound remotely like them. I can understand though, that it's basically guys who formed a band so that chicks would suddenly like them and they could actually get laid. I can get that, but if you're going to take the balls out of rock so teenage girls will like it, you should at least look good while doing it. Every member of Fall Out Boy looks like trailer trash. What is so appealing about them?

You can tell a Green Day song just from the first second it's on. Each song is in exactly the same tempo, usually the same power chords, and it sounds like the happiest punk song you've ever heard, making it not punk instantly. People make a case for old Green Day being better than new Green Day. I don't care. Old stuff, new stuff, I hate them. NOFX annoys me for the same reasons, but somehow they're able to keep within the punk genre.

Bands that try to be Killwhitneydead. KWD isn't even THAT good of a band in the first place. I'm kinda friends with some of the members and I feel comfortable saying that. Because of KWD, every hybrid of metalcore and grindcore has to have soundclips from Family Guy injected in the middle of their songs. Other bands did it before KWD, there's a reason why KWD is KNOWN FOR IT.

Atreyu. Atreyu used to be one of my favorite bands. I think that's all I need to say.

Avenged Sevenfold. Hey guys, stop it, you're mediocre and you're getting worse and worse with every record. There's no reason you have to go around telling other bands they suck.[/font][/size]

[QUOTE]Panache. I have no idea who you were talking about.[/QUOTE]It's some local fanfare that started in DC. I would link you to the wiki article but a certain someone has made me completely distrust wiki's analysis of music as a whole.

So here is my explanation. They take a crappy rock beat. They take a Crappy rap hook. They combine that. Then they play the drums like a 5 year old kid with poor motor skills. Oh and that guy is always high. Then there is another guy. He sits there and yells **** **** and the N word a whole lot. Then people dance and have sex to that. Basically it is the end of western civilization as we know it. If you see it run far away from it.

[URL="http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=43211866"]Trash[/URL]
Here is a link to some of the garbage.

If I have to explain it any more than this I am gonna bang my head against the wall.

[img]http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/7943/wdstsam7.jpg[/img]

Daphne and Celeste are, hands down, the worst band ever.

A band that sounds as awful as this should not exist, period. A band with the creativity level of D&C should not have been so popular. Allt hey ever did was record songs based on old schoolyard taunts and catchphrases, and all they did to them was repeat ad nauseum and add horrible and tacky music behind them.

Good God they were utterly dreadful. At least their fifteen minutes expired and they have since vanished.

[quote name='Goodbye, Face']You can tell a Green Day song just from the first second it's on. Each song is in exactly the same tempo, usually the same power chords, and it sounds like the happiest punk song you've ever heard, making it not punk instantly. People make a case for old Green Day being better than new Green Day. I don't care. Old stuff, new stuff, I hate them. NOFX annoys me for the same reasons, but somehow they're able to keep within the punk genre.[/quote]

That's the problem with punk today. What started out as a genre rooted in anarchy and anti-establishment culture has become, thanks to it's fans, more snobbish and exclusive than anything it's ever rebelled against. Rabid fans ruin the genre, throwing their noses up at anything not considered "true punk." Come on, take it easy!

[quote name='Panache'][URL="http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=43211866"]Trash[/URL]
Here is a link to some of the garbage. [/QUOTE]

That band made me actually 100% vomit. Just all over the place.

I'm going to have to add a vast majority of the honky-rock bands out there. Bands like-

Nirvana
Slipknot
DevilDriver
Korn
Basically any mallcore...
Cradle of Filth
An Albatross...
Garbage
As I Lay Dying
System of a Down
Serj Tankian
A Simple Plan
Sum 41
Blink 182
Job For A Cowboy
The White Stripes
Green Day (because yes, they're so bad they deserve a third iteration)
Nickelback
Jack Johnson
Bands that sound like Creed
Bands that sound like Jack Johnson
Bands that have three wordsmashedtogether
Linkin Park
Disney's slew of licensed "bands"
A wealth of other, even more terrible bands.

If I missed specifically naming a band that I hate, it's because I'm so apathetic to their existence that they weren't even worth mentioning.

The vast majority of post-Tupac rap is godawful. Reggaeton is worse. Reggae is repetetive garbage. J-Pop is the scourge of the earth, and will rise up to reclaim the volcanic, bloody throne of obsidian once they have systematically destroyed the entire human race with pastel colors, bright flashing lights, and annoyingly high-pitched voices. Love You Long Time is a local band from my area that wrested the will to live from my very chest, devouring it ritualistically onstage while summoning a black hole through which the very essence of life was sucked, bringing despair and hopelessness to the crowd, and causing them to howl mockeries at the human race. This most foul of foul bands is the reason i hate your ****** garage band. That's right, [i]your[/i] ****** garage band. Yours [i]personally[/i]. I hate it.

[quote name='Mr. Maul'][URL="http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=57514&highlight=worst+music"][SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray]Click Click[/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL][SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray].

Prem fails again.

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]
[COLOR="1234"]That's funny considereing that the thread being linked is mine too

[B]Hanna Montana[/B] - I don't want to even talk about it. she is very talented, but annoying as all hell.

[B]Avenged Sevenfold's band [I]members [/I]-[/B]They have good music, but really, the band members were bron from leftover pieces of trash in God's 'Creation Bin.' They insulted TDEP, I don't lsiten to them, but how dare they? They think they are the top ****. And what pisses me off is in the video of Almost Easy, M. Shadows looks like a rip-off of Maynard James Keenan. Just go to Youtube, and look up the video for Almost Easy, then go find a picture of Maynard James Keenan... you'll see.

[B]HIM[/B] - Now a couple of the songs from Venus Doom are actually good, but I can't see how my friends can like HIM. I just can't. I think that they suck and I don't know why.

[B]Coldplay [/B]- All fame and fortune makes this band a dulll boy. I can't stand Coldplay, the guys voice makes me want to hurl and chuck tator tots at the TV whenever a video comes on.

[B]Mudvayne (Later albums)[/B] - I'm going to buy L.D. 50 sometime soon, and I have the latest two albums courtesy of my friend. Now, I like Mudvayne a bit, World so Cold, TV Radio, Happy... a few sogns I like. But the rest of the newer albums suck. The earlier stuff, is [I][B]way [/B][/I]better then the new stuff on Lost and Found.

[B]Green Day, Sum 41 and Simple Plan[/B] - These three bands spell disaster for my ears.working Class Hero is the only song I like from Green Day, the rest of the songs are crap. Sum 41 just bothers me, Underclass Hero is wat kills me the most, and Simple Plan just makes me sick.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE]That's funny considereing that the thread being linked is mine too[/QUOTE]
Which is why that is funny,ironic, and fail.

[QUOTE]
Hanna Montana - I don't want to even talk about it. she is very talented, but annoying as all hell.[/QUOTE]
Can you really consider that music?

[QUOTE]Mudvayne (Later albums[/QUOTE]
They sound the same basically every album...

[QUOTE]M. Shadows looks like a rip-off of Maynard James Keenan[/QUOTE]
No not even a little. Maynard is a flamboyant sometimes feminine multi hairstyle/color ugly mother ****er. M.Shadows is generic looking white guy with tattoos and sleeveless shirt.

When M.Shadows strips to his underpants goes bald and then paints half of himself blue and the other half white then we'll talk.

[quote name='Panache']Which is why that is funny,ironic, and fail.[/quote]

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]I never thought I'd EVER say this, but:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=1][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=dimgray]Kudos to you, [B]Panache[/B]. Kudos, indeed.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[quote name='Premonition'][COLOR="1234"][B]Hanna Montana[/B] - I don't want to even talk about it. she is very talented, but annoying as all hell.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Her biggest problem is the fact that her last name is "Cyrus." This should have automatically given her a good reason to be a non-cut of the mold annoying Disney tween pop "star." Of course, guess what genre she chose.

I mean, come on, her dad is flipping Billy Ray Cyrus.

[quote name='Mr. Maul'][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]I never thought I'd EVER say this, but:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=1][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=dimgray]Kudos to you, [B]Panache[/B]. Kudos, indeed.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/QUOTE]
[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"][SIZE="1"]
^Seconded.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Premonition'][COLOR="1234"]Actually, the older Mudvayne is a tiny bit heavier and comes with more screaming. But it's not that notciable, and it's just the songs that make the later ones suck.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
What do you mean by the songs? The Lyrics? The Lyrics are basically the same...at least they seem that way.

[QUOTE]Oh, good job editing your post so I look like a tool, Panache.[/QUOTE] It would end up causing problems and I was wrong anyway so I edited it out. Just delete your post...

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]Come on guys... you can do better than this. We're seeing the same old crap over and over again, and stuff about how much we hate the vocals of the bands.

Bullet For My Valentine? BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE? You guys skipped a whole level of hate. TRIVIUM SUCK WORSE. WAY WORSE. How could you just skip over them?

GODSMACK. LIMP BIZKIT. TRAILER TRASH BANDS LIKE THAT (no offense to tidy-trailer owners of america)

Blessthefall- I don't care how much you say for-sho and how much pop vocals and screaming you have. I don't even care that all of your fans are hot thirteen year olds. I WILL DEGRADE YOU IN FRONT OF EVERYBODY, AND I WILL DEGRADE ALL OF YOUR FANS UNTIL I WIN. And that's what's straight-up crunk, *****.

Atreyu- I liked you four years ago. Four years ago. Okay, good enough. But.. Lead Sails Paper Anchors? That's just a disgrace.

Hawthorne Heights- do I need to explain myself? You suck. YOU SUCK. But I will say I'm sorry because of the struggle you've gone through as a band. But, you still suck.

Pop-core today, is becoming trash.. Sure, I'm a proud fan of others in the trend like Underoath, Alesana (but God you guys suck when your fans talk about you, because all of them are SCENE KIDS) and Enter Shikari... But most of the others... SUCK.

*****.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR="1234"]Oh yeah I forgot aout Trivum.

[B]Trivium [/B]- Were these guys born in the **** fields? Or did they get dropped on broken guitars when they were younger and thought the noise it made was music. That creaky **** that comes out if you hit it. CREAK, SMASH, CrACCCKKKK, that is Trivium for you. The crap that music s***s out is Trivium. Trivium: the big steamy turd of music, so steamy you can smell the corn from a mile away.[/COLOR]

Oh yea I almost forgot that Dying Fetus sucks. Yea since I said I didn't like them a while back I did in fact give them another chance.

I still hate the vocals. Not because they are death metal vocals but because the vocals are terrible vocals. Not only does it sound completely stupid but it meshes very poorly with their mediocre instrumentals....(especially the guitar...yuck).

Cannibal Corpse is a thousand times better than them and they are mediocre too.