OtakuBoards

Every Movie You've Watched in 2008

Shinmaru

[quote name='Shinmaru']

[B]Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay[/B]: The funniest, and saddest, part is when [spoiler]Neil Patrick Harris dies quite violently after branding a prostitute. Neil!!!!!![/spoiler]

[/quote]

Haha, I'm guessing you didn't watch the credits. Neither did I until I read about the surprise at the end. Neil [spoiler] comes back alive. [/spoiler] :rotflmao:

*Will make a post in this thread someday regarding movies I've seen*

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=#9933ff]Merh. I'm not sure I can remember *every* movie I saw this year, but I'll try. Most of these I watched with my mom when she rented from netflix. The others I saw at school... for free. XD And only a few I saw in theatres.

[b]The Painted Veil[/b] - Very beautiful scenery, sad story. LOVE the song at the end (A la Claire Fontaine). That song has become one of my favorites.

[b]M.I.B. II[/b] - This was fun, watching it again. We watched it in a dorm office while my friend was on duty.

[b]Sweeney Todd[/b] - Saw this one at school. Some of it I could kind of guess what was going to happen. But the cast was great. Johnny Depp can really sing well. Actually EVERYONE sang really well. And Anthony is quite cute, of course. ;)

[b]Serenity[/b] - I watched Firefly first, and then couldn't *not* watch Serenity. ^^;

[b]Forbidden Kingdom[/b] - Your typical adventure kung-fu movie. =)

[b]Definitely, Maybe[/b] - Absolutely my favorite "chick-flick" ever. Everyone should watch it. It's not cliche, and whatever is cliche, they cleverly point it out first, so it's okay.

[b]27 Dresses[/b] - Not as good as I thought it would have been. But not bad.

[b]The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian[/b] - Possibly my FAVORITE movie this year. It TOTALLY kicked ***!! If you don't compare it to the book, it was a really good movie by itself. Skandar got all the best parts and he was so cool in it. And I have to say, all the actors and actresses were actually really good. (Harry Potter movies on the other hand...) Yeah, everything was AWESOME about this movie. ^_^

[b]Man of the Year[/b] - I'd never seen this one before, actually, but was on a plane and had nothing better to do, so... yeah. The woman is pretty nutty in it though. O_o;

[b]Juno[/b] - Oooh, I liked this one. I didn't expect it to go the way it did, so that was a surprise.

[b]American Ganster[/b] - Mmm... it was good. It was, and it was acted and executed really well. But not completely my type of movie.

[b]The Illusionist[/b] - Just saw this one like... 30 minutes ago. I really don't understand why people said Jessica Biel was bad in it, or why the movie itself was bad. I LIKED it, a lot. Of course, I kind of guessed the end, but still, it was great!![/color]

• 2 weeks later...
[b]Ratatouille[/b]: Lunox said this in the favorite movies thread, but I'll repeat it here: It's amazing how Pixar comes up with these totally random stories/settings and makes them not only work but also emotionally compelling. (Well, except for Cars, and even [i]that[/i] was better than I thought it would be.) It is also insane that Pixar also somehow keeps topping itself in the animation department. It's kind of scary, actually.

[b]Renaissance[/b]: I [i]really[/i] wanted to like this a lot because it looks incredible. Seriously, it's like a Sin City comic come to life. It looks sooooo ****ing cool lol. Too bad the story is kind of bungled. The premise (a futuristic cop searches for a kidnapped scientist) is similar to many science-fiction noirs, but it never really separates itself from any of them, story-wise. It just flows along and looks pretty (really, REALLY pretty lol). Plus, there's this one plot twist near the end of the movie that made me go "WTF?" and immediately hate the story. Oh well. I can still adore its prettiness.

[b]Pretty in Pink[/b]: Fun movie, though definitely not up to the level of [b]The Breakfast Club[/b] or [b]Sixteen Candles[/b]. The problem is while Andie is a strong, sympathetic character, neither of the guys vying for her love is very appealing. Blane is just a doofus, and Duckie, while funny, is also a jackass. I still like the movie, however.

[b]Scanners[/b]: The first relatively big budget movie David Cronenberg directed, I believe. It's OK, but not great. The premise (people with psychic powers battle for the future) made me excited, but the story's not that exciting, and the acting made me bored half the time. When exploding heads can't keep you involved, that's pretty bad.

[b]Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie[/b]: Even with all the behind the scenes trouble, this is still hilarious. Tons of classic riffs, with Mike and the 'bots at the top of their game.

[b]Stop Making Sense[/b]: A Talking Heads concert movie. Loved this. The energy level is off the charts, and it actually made me get up and dance to the music (true story). Anyone who loves music should see this.

[b]The Killing[/b]: Interesting crime movie/film noir from Stanley Kubrick. Sterling Hayden is pretty damn good as a cool, confident ex-con who plans to pull off one last big job so that he and his wife can run off together. As expected from Kubrick, this is extremely well-made -- lots of cool framing, angles, lighting, etc. My only problem is the women aren't as interesting as the men, which is unusual for a film noir. Normally the women are so diabolical and fascinating, and while Sherry has her charms, she never grabbed me like other femme fatales have. Small gripe in the end, though.

[b]Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Rifftrax)[/b]: A slight, but very slight, step down from [b]Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone[/b] on first listen, but still hilarious. Plenty of hilarious joke runs. Can't wait for the other movies in the series to be riffed! :)

Movie Count: 37 (Live Free and Die Hard, Time Bandits, The Hustler, Black Dragon (Miracles), Hollywoodland, Blood Diamond, Animal Crackers, Marie Antoinette, Inside Man, The Fountain, Tombstone, Jurassic Park (Rifftrax), No Country for Old Men, Juno, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (Rifftrax), There Will Be Blood, Rize, Born Into Brothels, Eastern Promises, Gone Baby Gone, Hard Candy, The Matrix Reloaded (Rifftrax), Hot Fuzz, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Futurama: The Beast with a Billion Backs, Phone Booth, The Dark Knight, Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay, Predator, Ratatouille, Renaissance, Pretty in Pink, Scanners, Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie, Stop Making Sense, The Killing, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Rifftrax))

[font=trebuchet ms]
[b]Hard Candy[/b]: Um... I spent most of this movie becoming increasingly irritated. The premise was cool, I guess, but I just didn't like Ellen Page's character at all. I guess just something about purposely luring pedophiles and then getting revenge on them just annoys me, which makes sense because I really don't like the show [b]To Catch a Predator[/b] either.

[b]The Dark Knight[/b]: Overrated.

[b]Sick Nurses[/b]: A Thai horror movie, I don't know if it was supposed to be funny or if it was unintentional, but it was just a giant laughfest. Watching it with friends will guarantee a good time.

[b]Persepolis[/b]: I really liked the animation, it was smooth and unique. As for the storytellling, it was good, maybe just above average. I had read the graphic novels beforehand, and so I guess maybe that helped (my friends who hadn't were very disappointed by this film).

[b]Black Sheep[/b]: A humor/horror movie, basically about killer sheep. Fun to watch with friends, but the idea behind the movie was funnier than the execution imo.

[b]The Last Supper[/b]: Another terrible horror film, this time Japanese. But this time it was so terrible it wasn't even funny. There were some funny moments, but overall it was sort of painful to watch.

[b]Godfather Part III[/b]: Sofia Coppola was lol, her performance was sort of terrible. But overall I think it's definitely the weakest of the triology- the plot was sort of convulated and it was more a stand-alone film than a continuation of the first two movies.

[b]Scent of a Woman[/b]: I liked this movie a lot, Al Pacino did really well and it was a moving movie, although sort of predictable. The monologue at the end is pretty awesome.

Other movies seen:
[b]National Lampoon's Van Wilder[/b]

Movies I'll Watch:
Arrested Development
Iron Man
Paradise Now
The Big Lebowski
The City of Lost Children
Knocked Up

Movie Count: 57[/font]

[b]Voices of a Distant Star[/b]: I actually watched this about a month ago but forgot to list it until now. Anyway, I liked it -- really sweet story that more than lives up to its interesting premise. Melancholy love done well always hits me where it hurts. Me = a sap to the highest degree.

[b]The Treasure of the Sierra Madre[/b]: Great movie. Humphrey Bogart is the polar opposite of his screen persona -- he's greedy, paranoid and utterly pathetic in every way. The flashes of humanity he shows make his course through the movie all the more painful. Walter Huston is excellent as a crafty old man who tries to stave off gold's powerful influence but isn't tough enough to hold it off completely. Tim Holt is also really good as the youngest member of the trio, who is torn between following the old man's example and giving in to his gold lust.

[b]Amadeus[/b]: Loved this soooooo much. It's a crime I didn't see it much sooner. F. Murray Abraham earned his Oscar and more in this; he perfectly balances the burning hatred and jealousy Salieri feels for Mozart with the awe and love with which Salieri views Mozart's music. Tom Hulce as Mozart is damn fun too. He's a perverted, giggling lunatic, but when he sits down to make some music, it's magic.

[b]Touch of Evil[/b]: One of the last great movies Orson Welles made, and perhaps the swan song for classic film noir. Everything about this is excellent -- the direction is super stylish and not afraid to be showy with substance to back it up (I really like the use of shadows, bizarre camera angles, and especially all the intense cuts during one fight scene with Welles). The story is super pulpy, but when it's done right, there's almost nothing better than a good piece of pulp fiction that isn't afraid to get down and dirty at the lowest depths of society. Acting is generally good, too, even if Charlton Heston is playing a Mexican. :p

Movie Count: 41 (Live Free and Die Hard, Time Bandits, The Hustler, Black Dragon (Miracles), Hollywoodland, Blood Diamond, Animal Crackers, Marie Antoinette, Inside Man, The Fountain, Tombstone, Jurassic Park (Rifftrax), No Country for Old Men, Juno, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (Rifftrax), There Will Be Blood, Rize, Born Into Brothels, Eastern Promises, Gone Baby Gone, Hard Candy, The Matrix Reloaded (Rifftrax), Hot Fuzz, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Futurama: The Beast with a Billion Backs, Phone Booth, The Dark Knight, Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay, Predator, Ratatouille, Renaissance, Pretty in Pink, Scanners, Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie, Stop Making Sense, The Killing, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Rifftrax), Voices of a Distant Star, The Treasure of the Sierra Madre, Amadeus, Touch of Evil)

[color=#993ff]So you can mention movies already aired that you've watched on DVD too right? Let's see if I can do this correctly- oh and most everything on this list is animated in one way or another. I haven't seen many 'grown up' movies in the past few- years.

[b]Cars[/b]- I have a three year old (this will be my excuse for most movies) and she is really into cars, so I figured that I'd buy her a movie about cars for Christmas. I may have watched it completely once or twice.

[b]Bee Movie[/b]- It had good reviews, and it was slightly educational. Plus Jerry Seinfeild as a bee with over protective bee parents was funny.

[b]Enchanted[/b]- the fact that I have a 3 year old and earlier in the year there weren't a lot of movies out for youger kids was the reason for this. Also my daughter has a princess infatuation- most toddlers do at that age. She liked it and I liked that at the end [spoiler]Giselle realized she wanted more than just a prince[/spoiler] yay for happily ever after... I guess.

[b]Kung Fu Panda[/b]- It was really cute. And well I did like it, and my daughter actually sat still for the whole movie. Which is a bonus.

[b]Finding Nemo, Monster's Inc, Mulan, Hercules, Open Season, Over The Hedge, Cinderella 3, Legally Blonde, White Chicks, Naruto movies, and Lilo and Stitch- more times than I can count[/b]

[b]Iron Man[/b]- I saw parts of it, I wasn't scared, I just wasn't paying attention to most of it. We won't get into why. But it was a good movie.

[b]Winx Club Secret of the lost Kingdom[/b] With all the hype surrounding the movie in Italy I wanted to see it. I'm very glad that I didn't pay money to see this poorly thought out attempt at merchandising. (Thank you Youtube) It was the same as the first three seasons of the show. Bloom gets the spotlight, Riven is hypnotized by a bug and the Trix return. Yawn!

I really want to see Mama Mia! Othat than that I just scrolled through my local paper's weekend section and I don't really see anything. Time to go find a video store[/color]

[SIZE="1"]I'm adding [b]Tropic Thunder[/b] to my list. Just got back an hour ago.

I'll say, its one of the funniest movies I've seen produced by Hollywood in awhile. I don't like most of the comdies that have come out in the last..oh, ten years? Give or take. But this I really thought was funny.

[Edit:] To add another..I saw [b]The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor[/b] saturday night. I didn't have very high expectations for the film, considering the fact that it only has two of the original cast members, Brenden and John. Plus, its set in China.

I didn't like the women who played as Evelyn at all, she didn't capture the part as well as Rachel Weisz does. And like I said, it was set in China. I love Egypt, and thats what I think of when I think of these movies. I know they've already made two and to have another in the same location would have probebly been redundant, but seriously, it was already the third movie anyway. I'm not a big fan of Jet Li either. He can't act, and he can't fight. :p

It did have some decent moments, but a lot of it was just so 'cheesy', and uncharacteristic to how I think the family would have been after the first two movies. Although when Evelyn and Rick [spoiler]fought together against the so called mummies, that I could see.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Yeti's....? What? You've got to be kidding me![/spoiler][/SIZE]

Ah, warms my heart to see this thread still going. :catgirl:

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman'][color=#993ff]So you can mention movies already aired that you've watched on DVD too right?[/color][/QUOTE]

If I am understanding you correctly, you're asking if you can count movies you've seen in theaters that you then watched on DVD, correct? Yes, you can, but don't list it twice as separate movies, obviously. You can post about it more than once, especially if your opinion has changed about the movie in question.

[b]Paths of Glory[/b]: GREAT movie -- immediately leapt into my favorites list. I agree with guys like Roger Ebert who write that you can feel the anger as Stanley Kubrick is filming this. The one battle scene is maybe the most horrific vision of war I've ever seen in a movie. It's not nearly as bloody and graphic as [b]Saving Private Ryan[/b], but the visuals and especially the use of sound transform war into a living, breathing monster. It's legitimately frightening, whereas many war movies have that mixed with a sense of being in awe of the action (which unfortunately comes with the territory).

[b]Gangs of New York[/b]: Not as good as many of Martin Scorsese's other brilliant movies, but a good Scorsese movie is still better than what 99 percent of filmmakers could produce. Leonardo DiCaprio is as good as expected (is any actor on a bigger roll than Leo right now?), and I absolutely need to see more of Daniel Day-Lewis. His accent slips a couple of times (and he sounds like Daniel Plainview from [b]There Will Be Blood[/b] when it does lol), but most of the time he is such a fearsome, intense presence onscreen.

[b]Five Easy Pieces[/b]: The movie that turned Jack Nicholson into a star and kicked off the '70s (perhaps the greatest era of American movies) with a bang. Jack plays the type of guy people are used to seeing him as -- an intense, snarky individualist with a violent streak that shields his fear and loneliness. I was pretty impressed with how well the movie mixes the emotional parts with the hilarious parts (plenty of movie lovers know the chicken salad scene, but the funniest part to me is when Bobby and Rayette (Karen Black) pick up two hitchhikers, and one of them rambles on for several scenes about [i]the[/i] most bizarre ****). The movie doesn't pull any punches with the ending, either, which is pretty sad.

[b]Perfect Blue[/b]: I like this more than [b]Paprika[/b], which doesn't have an engaging story to go along with the amazing visuals. The basic story is a pop idol becomes an actress, which angers some of her fans -- one in particular is a dangerous, obsessed stalker. People begin dying, and the world starts slipping away from the actress, who is dealing with this along with her insecurities about her career change. Like Paprika, the lines between fantasy and reality are heavily blurred, especially near the end. It adds a lot to the excitement and intensity of the story.

Movie Count: 45 (Live Free and Die Hard, Time Bandits, The Hustler, Black Dragon (Miracles), Hollywoodland, Blood Diamond, Animal Crackers, Marie Antoinette, Inside Man, The Fountain, Tombstone, Jurassic Park (Rifftrax), No Country for Old Men, Juno, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (Rifftrax), There Will Be Blood, Rize, Born Into Brothels, Eastern Promises, Gone Baby Gone, Hard Candy, The Matrix Reloaded (Rifftrax), Hot Fuzz, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Futurama: The Beast with a Billion Backs, Phone Booth, The Dark Knight, Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay, Predator, Ratatouille, Renaissance, Pretty in Pink, Scanners, Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie, Stop Making Sense, The Killing, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Rifftrax), Voices of a Distant Star, The Treasure of the Sierra Madre, Amadeus, Touch of Evil, Paths of Glory, Gangs of New York, Five Easy Pieces, Perfect Blue)

[font=trebuchet ms][b]2001: A Space Odyssey[/b]: HAL is the greatest magnificent bastard, ever. [spoiler]Ok, but this movie was just a total mind ****. The mind ****iest movie ever made. Especially the last thirty minutes of swirling neon colors and purple hills.[/spoiler]

[b]28 Days[/b]: An instant favorite for me. I loved this movie, although some people call it slow, I really enjoy how the director takes the time to build up the characters' relationshisp. Great plot twist ([spoiler]Of Britain being quarantined by the rest of the world[/spoiler]), not because it was ZOMG AMAZING! but actually subtle and realistic.

[b]28 Weeks Later[/b]: Meh.

[b]Plan 9 from Outer Space[/b]: Lol. lol. lol. Dubbed the "worst movie ever made", and rightfully so. Also hilarious. The first time I saw the saucers "fly" in the sky I could not stop laughing. The ending where [spoiler]the aliens explain everything is just awesomely bad and hilarious.[/spoiler]

Other movies seen:
[b]Be Cool[/b] (2nd viewing)

Movies I'll Watch:
Arrested Development
Iron Man
Paradise Now
The Big Lebowski
The City of Lost Children
Knocked Up

Movie Count: 61[/font]

• 2 weeks later...
[b]Novocaine[/b]: I liked it OK. It's like a weird sort of screwball noir, except I never got into the story that much. Steve Martin is funny, though, and Helena Bonham Carter is pretty sexy in a broken sort of way.

[b]A Fish Called Wanda[/b]: Loved it -- hilarious from start to finish, with some great, memorable characters. Maybe the best part about the movie is how it plays off American and British stereotypes -- Kevin Kline is the short-tempered, foul-mouthed clueless "intellectual," while John Cleese is a stuffy, perpetually mortified guy with a dead home life. Put them together, and it is comedy gold. Watch this, and it will make today's terrible comedy movie scene all the more depressing.

[b]A Hard Day's Night[/b]: You can really tell The Beatles had a ton of fun starring in this. They just get to screw around, throw out snappy one-liners and play music. And it's awesome. Lots of great, bizarre sight gags, too, which I wasn't expecting.

[b]Arsenic and Old Lace[/b]: The mood whiplash in this is quite something lol. It goes from sweet romance to dark comedy to taut thriller and back again to dark comedy. Probably would not work if everyone in it weren't so great. Cary Grant is excellent in what is easily the most bizarre role I have ever seen him in. The two grandmothers, Josephine Hull and Jean Adair, are hilarious, as well, playing their roles so innocently and so straight. And I love it anytime Peter Lorre shows up in a movie, because he is so wonderfully sneaky.

[b]Out of the Past[/b]: Very good film noir starring Robert Mitchum, who was born to play mysterious tough guys. This is as well known for its great dialogue as it is for its confusing plot; Mitchum throws out great lines every few seconds, it seems, and Kirk Douglas is so good as the mobster who hires Mitchum to do some dirty work for him. And Jane Greer? Daaaaaamn. Definitely one of the sexiest femme fatales to grace a noir.

[b]The Lady from Shanghai[/b]: I am disgusted with myself for waiting so long to see Orson Welles' movies. The plot to this can be very confusing (and I often wanted to beat Michael over the head for being such a dope, although he admits often that he is a dope), but it is made so confidently and stylishly that I don't care. Everything is just so surreal and out there -- definitely a perfect film noir, haha.

[b]The Wild Bunch[/b]: Liked it but didn't love it. It is the western all westerns probably would have been if they did not have the Hays Code to deal with; although, your average B western director probably did not have Sam Peckinpah's talent, so it probably would not have been as well made, haha. Don't know if this was intentional, but I sympathized most with the man who chased the titular group -- he seems the most honorable of anyone in the movie, even though he committed as many violent acts as anyone in his day.

[b]The Little Shop of Horrors[/b] (1960): Just an all around strange movie lol. It definitely embraces its weirdness and has fun with it. A young Jack Nicholson has a bit part as a masochistic dental patient; it is actually about as scary as some of his later roles lol.

[b]The Manchurian Candidate[/b] (1962): Great political thriller that shocked me with how sharp and surreal it still is. There is some wonderful black comedy mixed in with the more serious political satire ([spoiler]the post-hypnosis scene where the setting cuts between a meeting of Communist leaders and old ladies having a tea party, Shaw's intensely bizarre story about how he met the love of his life, Angela Lansbury swearing vengeance against the Chinese~!, etc.[/spoiler]). The ending is predictable today, I think, but it is strong and works well. The only thing I am unsure about is what to think about Janet Leigh's character -- she serves no purpose I can see, and her dialogue and entire way of life is just so ... odd, even for this movie. Maybe I missed something lol.

[b]Bringing Up Baby[/b]: Hilarious. I need to see more Katharine Hepburn, like, [i]now[/i]. She has such a cool, confident manner about herself in this, and her delivery is so wonderfully kooky. Cary Grant also more than carries his weight here. His character is such a lovable, put upon goof. It is kind of amazing, and a testament to Grant's range, that he could be such a big geek in this and then be maybe the suavest guy ever and sweep Ingrid Bergman off her feet in [b]Notorious[/b]. Cary Grant ftw. Also, leopards are funny.

[b]Pleasantville[/b]: This is actually [i]much[/i] better than I thought it would be. It begins as a funny black comedy satirizing '50s values and Leave it to Beaver-type shows (watching Reese Witherspoon's character corrupt the town is a riot), and it ends as a positive statement about embracing change in every aspect of life. The movie is also a joyous celebration of color; when the color starts appearing in the black and white world, it is just so [i]alive[/i] and beautiful to see. Love some of the random allusions and references, too ([spoiler]Adam and Eve is an obvious one, but the court scene at the end is a nice throwback to [b]To Kill a Mockingbird[/b][/spoiler]).

[b]Citizen Kane[/b]: OK, I will admit I held back on watching this for a long time because ... well, I don't even know why anymore. If you haven't seen it yet, then throw all the "GREATEST MOVIE EVAR" expectations out the window and appreciate [b]Citizen Kane[/b] for what it is -- a great movie. The story is fascinating, the way the narrative unfolds is interesting and the sheer visual technique is ridiculously cool (par for the course with Orson Welles, I have found). What threw me off guard the most, though, is how much [i]fun[/i] it is to watch. The way Welles fearlessly attacks William Randolph Hearst with the thinly-veiled character of Charles Foster Kane (and also by using a couple of techniques Hearst no doubt would have used, which I am sure amused Welles greatly) is quite entertaining, but the moments of humanity Welles allows for Kane hit very hard. Don't let the hyperbole keep you from seeing this excellent movie.

Movie Count: 57 (Live Free and Die Hard, Time Bandits, The Hustler, Black Dragon (Miracles), Hollywoodland, Blood Diamond, Animal Crackers, Marie Antoinette, Inside Man, The Fountain, Tombstone, Jurassic Park (Rifftrax), No Country for Old Men, Juno, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (Rifftrax), There Will Be Blood, Rize, Born Into Brothels, Eastern Promises, Gone Baby Gone, Hard Candy, The Matrix Reloaded (Rifftrax), Hot Fuzz, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Futurama: The Beast with a Billion Backs, Phone Booth, The Dark Knight, Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay, Predator, Ratatouille, Renaissance, Pretty in Pink, Scanners, Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie, Stop Making Sense, The Killing, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Rifftrax), Voices of a Distant Star, The Treasure of the Sierra Madre, Amadeus, Touch of Evil, Paths of Glory, Gangs of New York, Five Easy Pieces, Perfect Blue, Novocaine, A Fish Called Wanda, A Hard Day's Night, Arsenic and Old Lace, Out of the Past, The Lady from Shanghai, The Wild Bunch, The Little Shop of Horrors (1960), The Manchurian Candidate (1962), Bringing Up Baby, Pleasantville, Citizen Kane)