OtakuBoards

Now That We've Narrowed Down The Candidates...

Morpheus

Who Would You Vote For?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who Would You Vote For?

• Barrack Obama
    • Hillary Clinton
    • John McCain
    • Mitt Romney
    • Mike Huckabee
    • Ron Paul
    • Undecided
    • Not voting/Not old enough to vote

[COLOR="1234"]I myself don't know much about politics. But it's tied between Obama and Hillary. They would actually be a good vice-president/president pair up either way. That's what my whole household thinks.

If I understood more about the candidates, their goals, and what they are like, I'd probably express more of my views. But my political knowledge is lacking. That and I can't vote, but if I could I woudln't know who to pick.[/COLOR]

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='ZeitGeist']Yeah, but what if the Mittster was down with the Digimon? What if he was comitted to passing laws to achieve a national Digimon awareness day?

Obviously, I'm being completely tounge-in-cheek here. :D[/QUOTE][color=#9933ff]Oh man. That's a hard one. But I'd still have to say no. I like the little Digimon group. When fandoms get too big, stupid stuff happens.

And I still like McCain better as a Republican (not that I'm voting republican). I think he'd get us out of Iraq, he knows his foreign policy, he can be bipartisan, and he's got experience. I wouldn't mind (TOO much) if he became the pres. [/color]

[quote name='Sandy]Aren't you guys worried that McCain's last name means "Son of Cain"? I thought that would matter very much to at least funda... excuse me, [I]evangelicals[/I'], and vampire roleplayers.[/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Heh. :p

Not particularly, no. Oddly enough, most names nowadays have lost almost all of their meaning and whatever possible power they might have once had.

(I prize mine, incidentally. It is [I]very[/I] strong.)[/FONT]

[font="trebuchet ms"] The results of Super Tuesday, IMO, make this election very interesting. There's a chance that the Republican Convention may actually count in terms of who they choose for the candidate, and even though the Democratic race wasn't expected to be cleared up by Super Tuesday, there's also a chance that the super delegates may be the people who end up choosing whether it's between Obama or Clinton.

But I'm pretty pleased that McCain is in the lead for the Republican race, albeit a small one. He's one of the best out of the bunch; I'm pretty anti-protectionist, which makes it hard for me to even support one of the Democrats.[/font]

If Obama gets the democratic nomination, that's who I'm going with. If not, its McCain. At least John's a moderate conservative, which is a whole lot better than Huckabee.

Issues that are important (to me):

Abortion
Gay Marriage
Illegal Immigration
The Space Program
Iraq
China
Cuba

Not in that order though. Seriously, we need to free Cuba after pulling out of Iraq.

[quote name='Sandy']Aren't you guys worried that McCain's last name means "Son of Cain"? I thought that would matter very much to at least funda... excuse me, [I]evangelicals[/I], and vampire roleplayers.[/QUOTE]

As a vampire roleplayer, I can honestly say that his name had nothing to do with my vote for him.

Also, what's the deal with this "OH BUT HIS NAME MEANS THIS!" spiel? My name means "Lord of the household". Does that mean I should be president?

[quote]Not in that order though. Seriously, we need to free Cuba after pulling out of Iraq.[/QUOTE]

Free them from what?

Well, I'm gutted that Mitt Romney pulled out. He was one of the better candidates in this election. I'll now be supporting his rival, John McCain, since Huckabee doesn't stand a chance and his name just reminds me of that stupid romcom flick.

I'm predicting a McCain/Clinton race for the white house. A McCain/Obama race is probably the only combination I'd consider crossign the party line for, since Obama is just a really awesome dude.

[font=times new roman][size=6][color=navy][b]Romney[/color][color=crimson]12[/b][/color][/font][/size]

[quote name='ZeitGeist']A McCain/Obama race is probably the only combination I'd consider crossign the party line for, since Obama is just a really awesome dude.[/quote]
[FONT=Arial]I'm partially amazed that people still vote the party anymore. It's almost good to hear . . . if it weren't for the fact that the parties are barely different anymore.

It's funny when no one knows where they stand on anything, and just end up playing to the camera.

[B]Edit:[/B] Nice De Lorean.[/FONT]

[quote name='ZeitGeist']Well, I'm gutted that Mitt Romney pulled out. He was one of the better candidates in this election. I'll now be supporting his rival, John McCain, since Huckabee doesn't stand a chance and his name just reminds me of that stupid romcom flick.

I'm predicting a McCain/Clinton race for the white house. A McCain/Obama race is probably the only combination I'd consider crossign the party line for, since Obama is just a really awesome dude.

[font=times new roman][size=6][color=navy][b]Romney[/color][color=crimson]12[/b][/color][/font][/size][/QUOTE]

I lived in Massachusetts during Romney's reign. And let me tell you he is not the man you want to be president. Not a governor, surely not a president.

I can't vote.

But I do have opinions, so bare with me.
I don't like McCain. Why? Because I lived in Arizona. And if you know ANYTHING about the prison system in Arizona, you know that it's (What would be a good word?)... inhumane. Do we really want the entire country like that? And put simply, he seems mentally unstable.

I know we have no hope of having gay marriage legalised. Which is horribly unfortunate, these days. Canada's legalised that... what was it? '04?

Huckabee... seemed okay for a while. Once it became evident how overtly religious he is (Didn't take too long to figure that one out), my opinion of him changed dramatically. Religion has no place in politics.

Romney... I have no information on him other than he's a Mormon. So I'll stop there, and note that that wasn't a negative comment.

Clintonn. Well. No, just no. I have a theory on this, and it involves the New World Order.

Paul. Well, I did try to read up on him.

Long story short, I like Obama. There isn't anything NOT to like. Unless you count his middle name, and that's just, for lack of a better word, [I]silly[/I].

'Night.

[QUOTE='[Sound_Nin];805309']I can't vote.

But I do have opinions, so bare with me.
I don't like McCain. Why? Because I lived in Arizona. And if you know ANYTHING about the prison system in Arizona, you know that it's (What would be a good word?)... inhumane. Do we really want the entire country like that? And put simply, he seems mentally unstable.[/quote]

Well, it's highly doubtful that McCain would turn the entire country into a prison. Sounds too much like "Escape from New York" to me.

[quote]
I know we have no hope of having gay marriage legalised. Which is horribly unfortunate, these days. Canada's legalised that... what was it? '04?[/quote]

If Canada jumped off a bridge, would you?

[quote]
Huckabee... seemed okay for a while. Once it became evident how overtly religious he is (Didn't take too long to figure that one out), my opinion of him changed dramatically. Religion has no place in politics.[/quote]

Yes it does. I doubt separation of church and state was meant to bar anyone with a religious conviction entering the race for the white house. Heck, the founding fathers who wrote it [I]were[/I] christian.

[quote]
Romney... I have no information on him other than he's a Mormon. So I'll stop there, and note that that wasn't a negative comment.[/quote]

Dude, Romney is [I]the man[/I]. America has lost an incredible opportunity.

[quote]
Clintonn. Well. No, just no. I have a theory on this, and it involves the New World Order. [/quote]

Quick! Grabb your tin-foil hatts, [B]Clintonn[/B] is on her way!

[quote]
Paul. Well, I did try to read up on him. [/quote]

Don't feel too bad about that. I still don't even know who he is.

[quote]
Long story short, I like Obama. There isn't anything NOT to like. Unless you count his middle name, and that's just, for lack of a better word, [I]silly[/I].

'Night.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Hussein as a name has been around longer than Saddam. It will eventually wither from usage, just like Hitler did after Adolf tarnished it. :catgirl:

[QUOTE]If Canada jumped off a bridge, would you?[/QUOTE]

Other countries have done it too. It's a bit old-fashioned of us... but to each his own, hmm?

[QUOTE]Yes it does. I doubt separation of church and state was meant to bar anyone with a religious conviction entering the race for the white house. Heck, the founding fathers who wrote it [I]were[/I] christian.[/QUOTE]

No, no, no. Not what I meant. Of COURSE you can be religious. 1st Amendment. What I meant was, and I should've clarified this, is that it shouldn't be part of politics to impress your personal religious beliefs on someone else. I.e. trying to make everyone in the US Christian. That's a bit dramatic, it was just an example. I think you get the point.

[QUOTE]Quick! Grabb your tin-foil hatts, [B]Clintonn[/B] is on her way![/QUOTE]

I laughed at this. But it's not so much her as her husband. And yes, I spelt her name wrong on purpose, emphasis on the N. I should've added one more N to avoid confusion. Cute, though. ;)

As for Ron Paul, well, this certainly doesn't constitute his views, but if you check out the Stormfront.com (white nationalist) forum, you see pro-Ron Paul everywhere. And I mean EVERYWHERE. This doesn't make him one of them, and it doesn't mean their political views are wrong. No one's are... well, with few exceptions. Just pointing out that he's the candidate of choice among White Nationalists.

Giuliani wasn't so bad, except for the fact that he went on and on about 9/11 and changed his views around so much.

At least Schwarzenegger isn't running.

[QUOTE='[Sound_Nin];805361']
As for Ron Paul, well, this certainly doesn't constitute his views, but if you check out the Stormfront.com (white nationalist) forum, you see pro-Ron Paul everywhere. And I mean EVERYWHERE. This doesn't make him one of them, and it doesn't mean their political views are wrong. No one's are... well, with few exceptions. Just pointing out that he's the candidate of choice among White Nationalists.[/QUOTE]

Funny thing is, Ron Paul didn't even win a state.

That should say something about the White Nationalist population in the US.

[QUOTE]Funny thing is, Ron Paul didn't even win a state.

That should say something about the White Nationalist population in the US.[/QUOTE]

Mhm. I wasn't saying it was important. Just a little fact. Of the utmost UNimportance.

[QUOTE]He was born in Austria. It's illegal for him to run.[/QUOTE]

I know. I'm not a complete idiot. :rolleyes:
Just saying. At the rate that things are going, anything can become possible.
My point was that if he COULD... yeah.

[quote name='Aceburner']You have a point. If it weren't for that, he'd be set up almost exactly like James A. Garfield.[/quote]

Along with that, he's far from qualified. But that doesn't seem to matter much in the case of actors. (Ala Ronald Reagan)
Or the sons of former Presidents, for that matter.

[quote name='ZeitGeist']Dude, Romney is [I]the man[/I]. America has lost an incredible opportunity.[/QUOTE]Romney is a liar actually. Willing to say things to win instead of holding fast to the religious beliefs he claims to follow. Some of us in the same religion are willing to overlook it but others, like myself, find it sad to see him pandering in order to give the impression that he fits in. Once I realized he was doing this sort of thing, saying things that contradict LDS doctrine, I lost all interest in him ever becoming president. In fact, I'm not too interested in any of the candidates really, maybe I'm becoming jaded, but all of them seem to have too many problems. It's how it's always been I'm sure, but for some reason, this election just seems to embody that stupidity even more than usual.