OtakuBoards

The Dalton Strain: Evacuation

P.J. McKrafty

[center][B][SIZE=4][COLOR=red]The Dalton Strain: Evacuation[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/center]

[FONT=Arial]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][COLOR=black]The door swung open and a man stumbled into the house slamming the door behind him. His breath was loud and labored. He locked the door behind him and ran over to a table rummaging though a pile of junk before pulling out a video camera and running over to a window and peaking out the blinds. He switched the camera on and a low hum emanated from it as it prepared to record. He pointed it at himself and pressed the button.[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][B]“My name is Holt Aldridge, I’m a twenty-two year-old collage student. I have decided to make a video diary of my escape from the city. Hell, after this all blows over I could submit it and make oodles of money and make my mark,”[/B][/COLOR] [/FONT][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black]he paused for a moment staring back out the blinds as a siren went by. [B]“A viral outbreak has struck America, I don’t know all the details but it looks like the military is stepping in to take care of it. They call it the Dalton Strain or something like that, from what I heard on the news it is like this crazy mutated for of rabies that is super contagious. It causes anyone who is infected with it to become super violent and cannibalistic. From what I saw today I don’t doubt any of that.” [/B]A loud set of foot steppes ran buy his house and the faint sound of gunfire could be heard in the distance. [B]“I mean I saw one of the soldiers that was trying to help people evacuated get tackled by like, three of the things, and they just started tearing into him. Needless to say I didn’t stick around or anything. About a block from here I was being chased by one of the things, I don’t know what the virus dose to these people physically but they sure as hell seem to run faster. I don’t know what happened but one second he was behind me and the next second he was gone. I don’t know how much longer I can stay here. They ordered a evacuation of the city, so I know all hell is going to break loose,”[/B][/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][COLOR=black]Holt hesitated staring into the camera for a second before switching it off and resting his head against the wall for a moment. He suddenly cringed as a high pitched scream sounded outside his house. He jumped to his feet and checked the door to make sure it was locked up tight. Holt knew he had to leave the city or he was going to die here.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][COLOR=black]
[/COLOR][/FONT]
[B][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black]Status Report[/COLOR][/FONT][/B]

[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][COLOR=black]The world we all know and love has ended. A massively contagious strain of rabies has started to ravage the Americas and other major continents. The victims have become extremely violent cannibalistic beasts, hunting their fellow human beings like feral dogs. There is nothing left of their old selves, loved ones look just as appetizing as their worst enemies. Those who survive the attacks from the carriers have a much more horrible fate; they have too become infected and will soon become that which has hunted them. There is no cure. There is no sign of hope. There is only one rule left in a world that is being plagued by a virus like this one. Survive.[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][/COLOR][/FONT]

[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][B]Sign-Ups[/B][/COLOR][/FONT]

[/COLOR][/FONT]
[COLOR=black][B][FONT=Arial]Name:[/FONT][/B][/COLOR]

[B][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black]Age: [/COLOR][/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black]Gender:[/COLOR][/FONT][/B][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][/COLOR][/FONT]

[B][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black]Personality:[/COLOR][/FONT][/B][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black]Let me have a basic understanding of how your character will act.[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][B]Appearance:[/B] Picture or description, or both.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[B][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black]Occupation:[/COLOR][/FONT][/B][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black] What did you do before the virus spread. If military, state your branch and rank.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][B]Skills:[/B] What you can do that could help you during a crisis like this.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black][B]Tick:[/B] What sets your character apart from most people. What kind of habits do they have. This is here just to give your character more of a human feel.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT="][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black][B]

Bio:[/B] Doesn't have to be extremely long, I have a short attention span so making it really long will jut make it harder to read. Two or three paragraphs worth will do just fine.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT]

[COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Name: Jessica Mayer (Jess)

Personality: She is friendly and honestly hate violinece but now that all this is happening she is beginning to understand that she has to fight to survive. She is now getting to be somewhat hardened and is blinking less and less as she sees more death learning how to block it out.

Appearance: [URL="http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i54/bijou564_2006/anime/brown%20hair/anime.jpg"]Jessica[/URL]

Occupation: She was a junior vet, she was still in training but quickly becoming the best vet in the city.

Skills: She is able to make seditatives to help herself escape, she is using natural ingrediants to make them stronger, she is also researching a way to reverse the virus or even make it controllable.

Tick: She is one of the most happy people that most anyone could ever meet, she loves to have fun when it is able and loves her work. She runs, swims and lifts weights in her spare time. Even with her being a vet she lives the simple life in a two room apartment with her one cat and ball python.

Bio: She was born in North Carolina and moved to Houston to become a vet, she was soon replaced in NY and worked there till the virus attacked and ravaged the city, she is hiding under her building now trying to find a way to contain the virus and make a cure or a way to keep the people bitten in a human state instead of reverting to the animalistic creatures they are becoming now.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Hope it's okay

[B]Name:[/B] Dunkin Hennessy

[B]Age:[/B] 28

[B]Gender:[/B] Male

[B]Personality:[/B] Dunkin is very professional and logical in everything he does, he thinks more with his brain then his heart you could say, though he does have a soft spot. He more often chooses his course of action based on what' most practical, for the good of the group, so on. Unfortunately he has a very "the ends justify the means" attitude, and may do dangerous or cruel things if he believes the end result will be worth the action.

[B]Appearance:[/B] [URL="http://fc05.deviantart.com/fs6/i/2005/103/2/4/Irish_Eyes_by_nursethalia.jpg"]Dunkin[/URL] When in uniform Dunkin refuses to actually wear his green baret instead he has it stapled to the back of his shirt.

[B]Occupation:[/B] American SOF special operations forces, recently known as United States Army Special Forces or "Green Berets"

[B]Skills:[/B] Dunkin has standard combat and medical training, but his true abilities lie with his sniper rifles. He has his standard special ops military [URL="http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs18/f/2007/222/5/b/Ranger_Arms_Sniper_Rifle__SR__by_biometal79.jpg"]*sniper*[/URL] ,and his personal [URL="http://fc03.deviantart.com/fs13/i/2007/063/d/f/automatic_sniper_rifle_by_biometal79.jpg"]*rifle*[/URL] he bought on his own, he has customized both. He also carriesother standard equipment, like ice packs (chemical) and heat packs (obvious) and his trusty side arm his special ops [URL="http://www.pioneer.net/~evhigh/guns/hksocom2.jpg"]*pistol*[/URL]

[B]Tick:[/B] Dunkin will often quote video games, narrating his life. Such phrases like "head shot" or "finish him" are very common.

[B]Bio:[/B] Dunkin grew up amazed by firearms, since a very young age he immersed himself in shooter games of all kinds, and the occasional one on one fighter game. As he went through high school he dropped out at 18 and joined the military immediately. He excelled in almost every field, but his ultimate skills were long range accuracy. He quickly became a sniper then got accepted into the special ops division. Ever since he has been working in various high profile jobs.

He was actually on vacation, visiting his family in New York, when he got called at home for an emergency call to duty. He was stationed within the city itself keeping the viral threat at bay, with no risk of being infected from dozens of yards away. Just yesterday however, because of the evacuation, he was sent to scour the city for stragglers, and get as many out alive as possible. Without hesitation he handed in his rifle and went straight to his own house first, to retrieve his personal B.F.G. from home. The actual weapon is a heckler and Koch silenced automatic sniper rifle, with various modifications, but Dunkin has dubbed it the B.F.G. (Big Fuckin' Gun) as tribute to one of his favourite shooter games as a child, DOOM!

(OoC: Finally, a zombie story)

Name: Dart Alz (perfers Alz)

Personality: Dart is quiet. He only talks when he as too. Besides that he is very friendly and always looking to make a friend.

Occupation: U.S. 13th Armored Division as a Sub-Machine Gunner.

Skills: Specializes in mechanics and any type of machine gun. If a gun is broken, he ciuld fix it with parts from anything and if your vehicle is damaged, he could make feel and look brand new or customize it to your needs.

Tick: Dart seems to push people away from him cause he felt no-one understood him completely. Still he as friends and loves to get out and do something rather than nothing.

Bio: Dart is stationed in NYC, NY to help evacuate anyone who hasn't been infected yet. Unfortunately, humans weren't the only thing affected by this mutated rabbies virus. Animals where also affected byit. His Comander gave every soilder the right to shoot anyone or thing infected on the spot. He has problems dealing with that for he has never killed a living thing but seeing that once bitten, it was better to shoot them then saving them the pain. Since regular body shoots wouldn't work, he had to shoot them in the head or use a shotgun. Dart got stranded in an A.P.C. and the crew he was with got bitten and he was forced into killing them. (Im going to say that it takes 45 seconds for the virus to change people.) He had 45 seconds to either let them become mindless canabolsitic things or let them go knowing that they died in battle. So he told them that he was proud to serve with them and that he would remember them in his heart forever, took their dogtags and shot them in the head for a quick and painless death. For several hours, he sat in that A.P.C. crying for he had to kill his closest friends. Gripping the tags tightly. Then after that he climbed out of the A.P.C, he saw a building with a entrance to a basement and decided to look to see if anyone was left alive and unbitten. Also for anything he could use to repair the A.P.C.

(OoC: Hope this is better.)

[COLOR=black][B][FONT=Arial]Name: [/FONT][/B][FONT=Arial][FONT=Book Antiqua]Sebastiaan Østrander[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]

[B][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black]Age: [/COLOR][/FONT][/B][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black]22[/COLOR][/FONT]

[B][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black]Gender: [/COLOR][/FONT][/B][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][FONT=Book Antiqua]Male[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][/COLOR][/FONT]

[B][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black]Personality: [/COLOR][/FONT][/B][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][FONT=Book Antiqua]Seb isn't the type to be trusted. He steals, cheats, kills, anything to get ahead. Very sarcastic and witty, self-centered with a sense of superiority. Has a good side, but chooses to keep it well hidden.[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][B]Appearance:[/B]
[IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n103/himfan2004/kaio.jpg[/IMG]
[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua]6'2, 210 lbs.[/FONT]

[B][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black]Occupation:[/COLOR][/FONT][/B][FONT=Arial][COLOR=black] [FONT=Book Antiqua]Unemployed, theif. [/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][B]Skills:[/B] [FONT=Book Antiqua]Has experiance in weapons, especially blades and pistols. Fast runner, in extremely good shape. [/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][COLOR=black][B]Tick:[/B] [FONT=Book Antiqua]Has a nasty habit of stealing anything that isn't nailed down. Pathological liar. Trusts no one, and isn't quick to group up, but might have to.[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT="][FONT="][COLOR=black][B]Bio:[/B] [FONT=Book Antiqua]Orphaned at a young age, Seb was born and raised in various cities in France and Italy. At age 12, he managed to sneak on a cargo ship headed for the US. He lived in New Jersey from that point on, but was staying in NYC, New York when the virus hit. ( :As everyone else seems to be: ) He carries twin switchblades and a fully loaded pistol, due to severe paranoia.
Not much is known of Sebastiaan's past. He isn't a legal American citizen, no one seems to know of him, and it is unknown how many people he's killed, if any. His true age is shrouded in mystery, as he can't remember which year he was born in.
Cold and emotionless, he says very little, and only as much as necessary.
Currently, he stays with a friend, after having been homeless for a year.
---------------------------------------
"Empty your pockets, I said!" Sebastiaan commanded, one hand clutching the throat of the man he held against a brick wall. The other hand pressed the cold steel barrel of a pistol against the man's temple. "How many times do I have to say it?" The venemous purr of heavily French-accented words gripped the anonymous man in terror.

"I don't have any..." The victim's mouth gaped mid-way through the sentence, his eyes drifting beyond Seb, widening.
Seb whipped around, letting go of the man, who scrambled away screaming.

Another man stared at Seb vacantly; almost hungrily.

Before he could say a word, the man lunged at him, growling.
Reflexively, Sebastiaan fired two shots into the man's head and he flung back into the opposite wall.

Cursing to himself, Seb began running down the narrow alleyway, seconds before the streetlights flickered out.
Alone in the dark, he continued running, no destination in mind.

He was worried. Worried about being caught by the police.
If he only knew.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

( : I haven't RP'd in forever. But I saw this and had to sign up. This is one of the best I've seen in a long time. Good job.
Also, I added a little more info, kind of bringing the story up to the present. : )
[/FONT] [/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT]

[B]Name:[/B] Phil Trasin

[B]Age:[/B] 29

[B]Gender:[/B] Male

[B]Personality:[/B] Fairly calm and logical thinker and goes very closely to a normal persons morals but ussually won't stop another from doin sumthin that is against his morals if neccesary.

[B]Appearance:[/B] attachment(doesn't seem to like uploading image on edit getting one set up)

[B]Occupation:[/B] Military, trained as a lone commando, his mission is to go in and bring out any remaining personel within the city, military or otherwise

[B]Skills:[/B] Has a [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XM29"]XM29[/URL] that is silver with black flames(paint job he paid for himself) with a [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XM26"]XM26 LSS[/URL] specifically designed for the XM29. Skilled spotter as he has photographic memory which lets him quickly look over an entire area and know where specific things are, great for memorizing maps and quickly figuring out where he is. He also has a few explosives(det packs) and a small sub machine gun on his belt.

[B]Tick:[/B] Has a tendency to make small comments just to annoy people at times perhaps making fun of their tendencies or doing something just cuz they don't want to and is seen as a prick at times because of it.

[B]Bio:[/B] Growing up with a rocky childhood as his parents where always fighting Phil always went down town and on the way there was a small military base. He'd always stop and look at the soldiers practicing at the range and soon got a job and picked up paint balling. when about 15 years old he left home and joined the military system through a special program that trained him until he was 18 when he was deployed and excelled at combat and quickly went through the ranks.

A little before the out brake he started his training as a solo commando to go through enemy territory undetected and take out special targets and train citizens there in fighting tactics against superiorly armed foes(guerrilla tactics), when the outbreak occurred he was brought back home and did some quick briefing and was deployed shortly after the last wave of troops sent in, after various groups lost contact to find and retreive them and any other personnel in the way.

• 3 weeks later...
Name: Lex Höglind

Personality: He's slightly sarcastic, but still works well in groups. He's outgoing, curious, but also surreal in the way he acts and makes choices. He'll fight if he must but he's usually more concerned about his group.

Appearance: Dark blue dreaded mohawk and a black denim vest with various patches and studs all over. Beneath the vest is a plain black hoody. Blue, slightly baggy pants with a black studded belt. His right eyebrow is his only peircing. Typically will wear steel toe boots. Green eyes and light tan skin color.

Occupation: He didn't have a real job before the virus. He was a squatter living in the city in an abandonned apartment with a couple hobo friends. His typical routine activities during the day included spare changing people, finding food, and securing his squat. Before he was a squatter he hopped trains and went all over the country.

Skills: He's great with schematics. He knows the streets of many cities from his train hopping days. He can use junk to his advantage as well and easily make good makeshift items when their needed. Learns quick and adapts well to his situation.

Tick: He's a squatter. He's got street smarts. Unlike most drugged-up bums though he's smart in that he doesn't get consumed by much of anything. He's independent and will find his way when needed.

Bio: Lex came from a small town. He knew as a child he wasn't meant to follow the main path. At the age of 16 he hopped his first train and went to a neighboring town. Since then he's found ways to care for himself.
At the age of 19 he moved to NYC and found a simple abandonned squat. He learned many tactical things from living in a big city. Things which could help him save himself in an emergency. He began carrying around knives for one, but in his squat there is a self made spear he made.
Lex was slightly drunk one night coming back from a show when the first signs of the virus showed in NYC. The police were roaming the streets and mistook him for one of the mutants. Lex ended up running back to his squat after being pursued by the police for three blocks. By the time he got home, he could hear the city slowly falling into mayhem. Sirens, gunfire, screaming, flickering lights, and later on in the night, explosions.
Lex began barricading the stairwell up to his squat on the 7th floor. Luckily there were few people in these abandonned apartment buildings, and the floor above him was impossible to reach.

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]Sorry about my tardy post but I have been a tad bit busy as of late. Well I have to say that these are some pretty good sign ups; here is who got accepted:

Knuckles' Girl
The Enemy
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][Sound_Nin]
Zeke47
Box Hoy

Good jobs to you guys, sorry to dragoonreaper but your sign up just didn't dazzle me. I should have the main thread up either tonight or in the next couple of days.

And here is my sign-up.[/SIZE][/FONT][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]

[/FONT][/COLOR][B][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]
Name: [/FONT][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]Holt Aldridge[/FONT][/COLOR]

[B][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]Age: [/FONT][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]22[/FONT][/COLOR]

[B][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]Gender:[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial] Male[/FONT][/COLOR]

[B][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]Personality: [/FONT][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]Holt is the definition of charisma; this is a good and a bad thing. He works well with people, but he also a bit of a con man. He sees that as a good characteristic of himself seeing as he is going to go into the media industry and being able to manipulate people can help.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[B][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]Appearance:[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial] [URL="http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o159/pjmckrafty/1130767231_0.jpg"]link[/URL][/FONT][/COLOR]

[B][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]Occupation:[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial] Full time student. His major is cinematography and he is minoring in media.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[B][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]Skills:[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial] One of the most important skills a person can have at times like these, people skills. No matter the crisis panic is always a factor. People panic, make horrible decisions so it is imperative in circumstances like this to have the ability to defuse such situations.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[B][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]Tick:[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial] His camera. His dream is to make it as a freelance cameraman and produce documentaries, so it is only natural that he would seize this opportunity to further his possibilities in his career. The problem with this is that he has a need to take the best shots he can, even is that places him in immediate danger, which during the outbreak might be a big problem.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][B][COLOR=black]
Bio: [/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black](I wrote this and it got deleted... I know, heartbreaking. So I am being lazy and not doing it again, thus I am abusing my powers as the creator of the RPG. Good day)

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][B]
OCC: If anyone else is interested in signing up please PM me before posting a sign up.[/B][/SIZE][/FONT]