OtakuBoards

X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Blayze

[SIZE=1]The latest information on this film has just been released, and it looks like it might be better than I imagined. Focusing on Wolverine's backstory, basically telling the story of "How Wolvie Got His Adamantium," this film, directed by Gavin Hood, is going to chronicle his childhood and continue on through the Weapon X program.

The cast list looks promising as well, with Hugh Jackman once again heading up the cast as Logan, with Liev Schreiber taking over from Tyler Mane as Sabretooth; Danny Huston taking over from Brian Cox as William Stryker (apparently Cox did want in, using the same face-mapping CGI they used on Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellan at the start of X3, but for some reason he didn't get the part), and it also features Ryan Reynolds as the wise-cracking mercenary Deadpool, Dominic Monaghan (Merry from Lord of the Rings, and Charlie from Lost) as a character called Barnell Bohusk, or "Beak," who has very different powers to those he has in the comics, and Will.i.am (the frontman of the Black Eyed Peas) as John Wraith, or "Kestrel."

However, in my view one of the most exciting pieces of news coming from this is that this film will be the first in the X-Universe to feature the Ragin' Cajun. An actor/model named Taylor Kitsch, who has been in a few fairly low-key movies, as well as playing Kyle in Snakes on a Plane, will be playing Gambit, and from what I've seen he looks like he might be well-suited, physically at least, to the role.

From what I've read, Logan is going to be in his more violent, pre-X-Men phase, and I think this is a good step for the character. His whole personality in the X-Men films didn't really seem to fit him somehow, but hopefully this will be a return to form.

Any thoughts? Speculation?
[/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='PWNED']I'm just going to go out and criticise something here:

Will.i.am as Kestrel? I don't really agree with that and I find it odd that Gambit would appear in a prequel of all things.[/QUOTE]

[color=darkred][size=1]The movie seems to be full of iffy casting and bizarre predicaments. Liev Schriber playing Sabertooth (was Tyler Mane busy?) is probably one of the most absurd things I've seen as of late.

--Chris[/color][/size]