OtakuBoards

Hell Is Where The Heart Is

Raiha

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"][i]Eriju and Vicky's ship landed, or so I'm guessing, because as soon as they came rushing through the door, they did so without giving me a chance to reset the wards to allow them entrance. And as they leaped across the threshold of our house, I screamed out a warning while flinging up an arm to shield Kiwi in my arms from the backlash that would most certainly blind all of us.[/i]

"Take the wards down! They're coming!"

[i]Neil was in the middle of turning back to stare at the form of Vicky both running in our direction and firing off a barrage of fiery ki at an unseen enemy. Billy and Gavin both were standing on the roof, watching as Eriju shielded Vicky as best she could while also protecting herself. But too late, Eriju's shield and mine collided, and the wards exploded in an enormous cataclysm of light, pain, and sound. In my arms Kiwi shrieked in pain and began to glow silver and gold. I nearly dropped her as the light seared under my closed eyelids, forcing them open as I watched Vicky fling herself at me, covering Kiwi with her body.

Sevara and Crystia both howled aloud, eardrums bleeding from the concussive force of incompatible magic and ki shredding against each other.

Then everything turned into rushy net of white and I felt myself float away. [/i]

...... ..........

"Evrada!"

[i]I blinked once. Twice. I was staring at a ceiling that wasn't my own. White plaster. And that name. Evrada. It was mine. I sat up and looked down. Black clothing, not my own either. And a tail. I never had a tail.[/i]

"Evrada wake up! The master craves his breakfast!"

[i]I stood up from the futon that I'd been resting on and walked towards the door. It opened at my approach and I saw a woman I knew by the name Oima standing there, tray in hand. I took it from her automatically and let my feet take me where they knew to go.

Soon I was walking across a crowded hallway, where servants rushed back and forth with trays of their own, and then up a set of stairs, the last of which creaked slightly. Again, the doors opened for me, which was just as good, because the tray was very heavy. Neil stood at a wide window, staring out across the courtyard I knew was in his view. He was wearing battle armor, a cloak, and his tail wasn't hidden in the least. Instead it was curling and twitching on its own, and he regarded me with an impersonal smile.[/i]

"Thank you Evrada. You may go."

"Yes. Master."

[i]I set down the tray and turned, leaving immediately, wondering why I'd called him master. Neil. Not Master. Not Blank. But my tongue called him master and I thought he was exactly who he was supposed to be. A noble. A lord of war. And I was a servant. As I walked back through the hall I reached experimentally for my power, staring down at my right hand while I did it. No automatic surge of fire came. No tattoos glared bright red on my skin. But when I looked in the mirror, my eyes were still the blank white pupiless masses they'd always been. Immediately I went to the nearest window and threw it open, looking up at a cloudy, overcast yellow sky.

Planet Vegeta.[/i][/FONT][/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[SIZE="1"]Hmmm a rather interesting plot twist you've left us with here D, is this a parallel universe that you've been thrown into or something else ? Guess I'll just have to wait and see (and by extension beat the stuffing out of Neil should he touch my wife). [/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"][i]Two days after I had woken up as Evrada, handmaiden of Warrior Elite Neil, I'd found myself sitting on the battlements of Neil's extensive compound, meditating. Over the course of the past few hours, I'd found the power I'd been missing. Unlike the fire magic I'd been reaching out for, it had changed into far more specified ki manipulation and psychic ability. I found myself persuading the guards to do handstands, by mere afterthought and occasionally floating backwards down the hallway, trusting that my ability was able to predict any obstacles about to appear.

Oima appeared bland and innocuous but cheerful altogether. She, as my second in command for the servants, tended to do all of the chores that did not involve direct contact with the nobler born or move along the servants who did such menial tasks. As of yet I'd only seen Vicky from a distance, as a beautiful and powerful Saiya-jin Elite in her own right, moving busily across a street with her daughter toddling along after her cheerfully.

It wasn't until the third day that I met more familiar faces, not that they knew me any more than Neil did. An audience with Neil was sought and gained by an elite named Gavin. Apparently Neil did a lot of entertaining, and I was in high demand for anticipating every guest's need. I wondered why I was more psychic on planet Vegeta than I was on Earth. The bell rang to summon me and I walked down the long staircase to Neil's study, then stood behind his desk, with my fingers laced behind my back. He looked up from his work.[/i]

"Evrada."

"Yes Master?"

"Later today Elite Gavin will be joining us in the main room. Please present yourself as best you can."

"May I inquire as to why?"

"I'm seeking a favor from him, and I've found over the years that he responds best to beautiful faces far more than mere bribery."

"Wouldn't using my beauty to gain your objectives be bribery?"

[i]Neil gave me a wicked sort of smile, showing off the fangs I knew he'd had sharpened recently.[/i]

"I prefer to think of it as misdirection."

"Of course."

[i]Feeling amused in spite of myself I bowed gracefully, and drifted up back to my room. Kneeling on the futon that Oima's maids had turned and aired daily, I changed out of my normal wrap dress into a black, form fitting blouse and flowing skirt, one that hid my tail as well as my legs, but hinted at them whenever I moved. Brushing back my hair, which had turned purple recently, I braided the strands, turned then under themselves, and then put on the jewelry Neil had bought for me some time ago. Silver in the ears, a hammered chain of the same around my waist, and a single hammered bracelet around my left wrist, a reminder of slavery and an echo of the circular brand in my forehead.

Oima called me, and I immediately went back down the stairs, headed straight for the main rooms, carrying the trays she'd handed off to me. Neil was standing at the window, with Gavin next to him. On a large cushion, the girl I remembered as Crystia was curled up and napping in a patch of sunlight. A golden collar was glistening, partially obscured by her silver and black pelt. She looked up at my approach and sniffed the air, looking more than just a little feral. Then she yawned hugely, showing off her fangs and bright pink tongue, and went back down to nap. Apparently she was a gift to Neil. How ornamental.

Gavin turned as I set down the trays of food and began pouring the drinks.[/i]

"Thank you Evrada. Please bring drinks for our guest. And possibly something for the little feral thing."

"As you wish."

[i]Leaving the room I could feel Gavin's eyes following me, fascinated and amused all at once. Perhaps Neil's ruse was more obvious than anticipated, but I could feel his mind stretching and reaching out for mine.[/i][/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#35160f][SIZE="1"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"]Ah ha, glad to see this story back up and running again, I was beginning to miss it.

I'm liking what I've seen so far on the flashback / prediction / parallel universe or whatever is happening right now. While I am a bit curious as to what happened to them all before, I'm still just as eager to see what you've done with them here.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"][i]Two of Neil's guards stood at the door, one opening it for me as I passed through with after dinner drinks. Neil's mistress was already in bed, and the feral that I dimly remembered as Crystia was there with her. Oima and the other servants had mostly gone to bed, while I remained, bringing refreshments to the men, who were still talking.

Pouring beer for the men, leaning over slightly so my breasts were in Gavin's face, I kept my expression remote, which was ridiculously easy with no pupils. Neil raised one eyebrow when Gavin's scent automatically changed, and I withdrew again to kneel nearby. Their conversation drifted over to me when I cared to pay attention, and I heard them discussing the upcoming wars in bits and pieces. Then Neil made some offhand remark and I immediately paid strict attention once more.[/i]

"You wouldn't steal my handmaiden away would you?"

"I have no comfortable house, I visit you quite often, and after this mission I'll be able to settle down."

"So not right away."

"Perhaps not for a long time. And steal is such an ugly word."

[i]Neil raised his glass and gave Gavin a wry look. I kept the smile from my face, knowing that look was partially disgust, and partially amusement. Neil gave me one of our nonverbal signals to dismiss me and I rose to my feet in a rustle of silk. I walked out and lingered in the hall patiently, sitting back and floating slightly, if only to practice a little at fine tuning the movements of flight. My patience was rewarded when Gavin appeared at the door, looking bemused.[/i]

"I'm not sure I remember the way out."

"And it would be rude to just leave through the window."

"Very rude indeed."

[i]He walked towards me slowly, and I carefully dropped back to the ground, looking up at him but not making eye contact as most slaves just wouldn't do. Gavin leaned forward in a slight movement and put his face close to mine, even though his chin was somewhere in the vicinity of my forehead. I heard him inhale and I felt my own scent change automatically when he smiled and reached out for me, moving my hair away from my shoulders.[/i]

"Your master seems to hold you in high regard."

"Not so high that he wouldn't use me to further his own gains."

"Who can blame him? To not use you would be a crime."

"Would it?"

[i]I looked up at him this time, fearlessly and he smiled down at me, kissed my forehead and then my cheek. Drawing away, I turned to walk down the hall, trusting him to follow me automatically. I half expected him to simply leave. I didn't expect him to put his hands around my waist and press me against the curve of the wall leading upstairs, kissing my throat and neck and virtually lifting me off the ground to put his lips all over me. I looked to my left back down the hall as he bit my neck and saw Neil quietly open the door of his study, and walk out into the hall. He gave me a mirthful look for half a moment, then turned and went back to his bedroom.

Just then, Gavin sank his teeth into my neck and I hissed audibly and responded in kind, whipping my head forward and biting so deeply I could feel his muscles flexing beneath my fangs. He wrenched away from me by sheer force of will and put my hand to the bite, the smell of blood nearly choking us both. I let him lift me and pointed upwards to my own bedroom. He carried me like a child and set me down on the bed gently, smiling when I undid my blouse and pulled him across the sheets to me.[/i][/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Raiha'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]"You wouldn't steal my handmaiden away would you?"

"I have no comfortable house, I visit you quite often, and after this mission I'll be able to settle down."

"So not right away."

"Perhaps not for a long time. And steal is such an ugly word."[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[SIZE="1"]
Your ability to write dialogue that actually matches the way I think borders on frightening at times D'Ann, although I'll chalk it up to having known me so long you can predict what I'd say in certain circumstances. Overall a very enjoyable chapter, I do enjoy the shift to this new setting as it seems to lend itself better to the story-telling. Looking forward to the next chapter and more apt dialogue.
[/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="times new roman"][i]The morning sun was just beginning to send streaks of light across the mattress, and I opened my eyes very slowly. Gavin's head was resting on my shoulder, his right hand around my waist, and the other buried under the pillows. He sounded like he was still sleeping, so I turned and let my eyes roam across the lines of his body to the armor he'd thrown into the corner. My cloak and shirt were underneath, and I sighed aloud at the irony. At my voice he stirred once, then pushed himself up a little.

Gavin leaned down and kissed me once, twice, lingering over the freshly healed bite mark he'd given me the night before. I raised a slender hand and touched his, then slid it over his shoulder to his back, rubbing the lines I'd scratched into his skin. He recoiled and laughed aloud, rolling down next to me and pulling me closer to him.[/i]

"I have to get out of bed and serve my master you know."

"He can get his own breakfast."

"Oh get on with you."

[i]I pushed him away teasingly and began to dress, pulling a fresh shirt over my head. Gavin leaned back lazily, while I tugged the leggings up to my waist, lacing up the boots I'd somehow managed to take off last night. I pulled my cloak out from under his chest plating and secured it with a ring broach from my table. [/i]

"Better get dressed. Neil probably doesn't want you to distract me from my work."

"You think so?"

[i]Rolling my eyes, I pushed the door open and headed down the hall where Oima was waiting, tray in hand. I took it from her and was subjected to a certain amount of giggling.[/i]

"So how was he?"

"Ahh...big? And....strong?"

"Oh you're no fun! But you should've showered. You've got his scent all over you."

"Saiya-jin tradition. First morning after you have to wear the scent for awhile just so everyone else knows what's going on."

"Wonder how the Master will like that."

"It was his idea."

[i]I let Oima stare at me open-mouthed, while I headed for Master Neil's study. He was sitting at his desk, and when I set down the tray he sniffed once, then looked up at me.[/i]

"I take it you found him a suitable mate."

"Adequate."

"So cold Evrada? I thought you'd be pleased."

"If I were pleased, it'd mean I liked him, which means I'd be emotionally attached to someone who may very well not live to see his children."

"Good point."

[i]He tinkered with a silver knife for half a moment, then set it down and looked out the window instead.[/i]

"You're already pregnant?"

"It's entirely possible. He doesn't leave for his mission for another week."

"Do you have any particular plans then?"

"Give birth?"

[i]Neil smirked and gave me a snarky look. A child beget on his handmaiden was a liability, which would tie Gavin back to Neil in a way that went well beyond original mission and employer. Legally the child would be Gavin's, but legally I would be Neil's. A tangled web of intricacies and legalities that actually made me smile.[/i]

"I know what you're thinking Evrada."

"You did this on purpose."

"I can not tell a lie. I totally did."

[i]I resisted the urge to throw something heavy at my master and left without waiting for him to give me permission.[/i][/FONT][/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"][i]Six months had taken me from slender, small handmaiden to large breasted and heavily pregnant. Neil didn't mind, I still was able to deliver his breakfast and perform my duties, some just took a bit longer. Being able to still hover a few inches above the ground did help immensely, considering my weight wasn't what it had been. Neil's mate, Bianya had taken to finding clever ways to help me evade work, occasionally giving me extra food, as pleased as a child with a new doll.

I was braiding her hair, sitting behind her while she lounged lazily on a cushioned floor, Crystia dozing off in her lap when Neil burst into the chamber.[/i]

"I have a message for you to deliver to Elite Benoit."

"Can't it wait? She still has to finish braiding."

"It can't. I'm sending off all the others with their messages. Something's happening in the Citadel. There's a problem off-world. Elite Gavin is already on his way back."

"I'll go immediately then."

[i]I pulled myself to my feet, feeling a slight twinge in my back, and adjusted my cloak. Neil handed me the message tube, and I bowed slightly. Courtesies had to give way for the fact that if I bowed deeper, I'd overbalance. Bianya had actually explained to Neil the reasoning, and he'd stopped giving me odd looks. Sometimes, in weaker moments, I fantasized that he was the pregnant one and not me.

Opening a window in a hallway, I stepped out onto the sill, and took off, following the directions I had memorized by rote. Elite Benoit wasn't my favorite Warrior, in fact I was relatively sure he was annoyed that Neil had presented me to Gavin and not him, but there were several Elites that weren't happy about my new status as the future wife of a rising Elite. I kept my altitude, and landed on the main causeway leading into the Elite's plaza. The warrior himself was standing in his main hall, as if he knew I was coming. He held out an impatient hand, while the guards stood by the door impassively.[/i]

"From my master."

[i]He snatched the message from me and ripped it open, reading silently to himself. While he had looked impatient when I arrived, he then began to look angry. Immediately I felt a perceptible shift in his power and he flung the messages back at me.

Neil was standing on the battlements, looking irritable, when Elite Gavin landed and greeted him quietly.[/i]

"Where's Evrada?"

"Delivering a message. She should be back soon."

"What th-?"

[i]I hit the roof with a dull thump, and rolled to one side, feeling myself flickering in and out of consciousness. Gavin quickly knelt and turned my face up, blood smearing on my cheek, staining his cheeks.[/i]

"Elite...Benoit will not...be joining you."

[i]The last image I held in my mind was Neil's eyes burning bright white, and Gavin's snapping blue and green.[/i][/FONT][/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"]Time does fly when you're having fun, or are overworked to the point of exhaustion from college, either way I need to try to keep up with this more often.

Interesting two chapters D, and regards of Neil's opinion on my supposed servitude to him it's more like I'm just got biological permission to move in, not pay any rent and use up even more of his resources than before. Of course then we went and wrecked the house at the end there, so useful in the modern property market to go doing stuff like that. I'm sure there's going to be a very violent showdown now over this so I look forward to reading it.[/SIZE]

Pssh. You're just mad because now you have to watch your lady friend do my laundry. *crosses arms*

;)

Nice turn of events...in the perspective that everyone is still alive. As I told you before, I do not like your oh-so-old-school cliffhangers anymore than I did six years ago.

Proceed.

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"][i]When I came to, I was vaguely aware of Bianya wetting my lips with a rag dipped in water, and something heavy across my feet. That something slowly resolved into Crystia, purring like a machine and leaning down occasionally to lick my shins.[/i]

"Where did Gavin go?"

"He and Neil left earlier glowing all golden. I think you tipped them off the deep end."

"In a bad way?"

"In a soon-to-destroy-private-property sort of way."

"Funny, I thought...they wouldn't be surprised."

[i]Biayna smiled at me weakly and helped me sit up. She pointed out the window towards Elite Benoit's house, which wasn't so far away as to not be seen. Crystia looked up and her ears pitched forward slightly, then rotated very slowly. Bianya held my head up and propped a pillow behind it, then her head snapped around suddenly and my second vision sharpened.[/i]

"They've started."

[i]Neil was standing over the complex that Benoit had built for himself on the backs of slaves, not servants, and he had his arms raised over his head. Gavin was mirror his motions, on the other side of the building. Ki gathered around them, surged up their arms to their palms, and they brought them down in one swift chopping motion. Immediately the house exploded in a riot of energy and entrophy. Walls exploded inwards, everything compressed, and Benoit burst from a shattered window on the south side, immediately streaking away, leaving an energy trail behind. Bursting with energy, Gavin snatched him back by the tail and throat, putting him in a choke hold while Neil led them both back to his house.

A thump on the roof, and Binaya led me up the stairs, Crystia following behind curiously. As I opened the door leading to the roof, Crystia suddenly bounded ahead of me, right up to Benoit, and batted him sharply across the face with outstretched claws. His blood splattered across the concrete floor and he immediately dropped from Gavin's grip, kneeling on all fours like a dog. Neil kicked him in the ribs almost impersonally, without looking and walked over to Bianya. Gavin stood with his arms crossed, glaring down at him, not making eye contact with me just yet.[/i]

"So. You won't join us when we fight this time."

"It's stupid. There's no hope for victory."

"And your solution...is to run away."

[i]Neil was pacing now, almost gentlemanlike, then looked back at Gavin, who in turn looked at me. Bianya stepped forward and looked straight at Gavin, her tawny mane flashing in the backflow of the energy circling around Neil. Drawing on the rights of the woman to adjudicate domestic disputes, a different sort of power began to spiral around her.[/i]

"Speak and sentence the man that wounded your legal wife."

"Kill it."

[i]He turned away from Benoit as Neil's hand flashed down, severing Benoit's head completely.[/i][/FONT][/COLOR]

Sweet. My family rocks. How many other families go around blowing the shit out of peoples' houses and decapitating the survivors?

This is so totally not a random hack post so that D'Ann can post again. >_>

[spoiler]Hint of jalapanos.[/spoiler]

[quote name='Chaos']Pssh. You're just mad because now you have to watch your lady friend do my laundry. *crosses arms*

;)[/QUOTE]
[SIZE="1"]
*Shrug* I'll happily trade her laundry services for your food and accommodation. :p

Another nice chapter D'Ann, it's always good to see attempted rapists get their houses blown up, have the shite thoroughly beaten out of them and then finally get decapitated brutally just to show justice is tempered by mercy on Vegeta.[/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"][i]I leaned back on the bench Gavin had dragged across the office floor for me. He sat behind me, one arm around my waist, and the other resting on the table. Neil and the delegate from a nearby planet, Iki were sitting across from us. Bianya reading a report in the background, and Vicky with her. Kiwi and Crystia were playing in the hall, and I could hear Oima laughing with them. I turned my attention back to the table. Neil pointed down to the display.[/i]

"Sella's been massing forces on the border between our planets for months now. Vegeta's ordered us to bolster our defenses, to get the Elite's working together. Bu-"

[i]Neil was pulling up a chart when I felt something twitch in my mind. Clearing my throat I steeled my nerves and leaned forward just slightly.[/i]

"Neil. Something's wrong with this scenario."

"Hmm?"

"We already fought and destroyed Sella's minions. Don't you all remember?"

"...what?"

"We fought Sella and defeated her. Her daughter as well. Doesn't anyone remember?"

[i]Neil and Gavin exchanged looks. Vicky looked over her shoulder for a brief moment.[/i]

"What makes you say that?"

"I know I'm Evrada. But I also know I had another name once, I had two grown up children once. Do you know who I was?"

[i]Neil blinked slowly, as if I was speaking another language. But Gavin pulled away and stared at me.[/i]

"This might sound crazy, but I recognized you before we met."

"You were my husband."

[i]He turned away for a moment, when I raised one hand, feeling it move on its own. I tapped his forehead with my forefinger, feeling energy spreading from where our skin touched. Immediately I felt power surge around us, partially mine, partially his, covering the table and everyone in the room. Gavin looked at me, then knelt in front of me and kissed my fingers.[/i]

"Raiha."

[i]Smiling at him, I leaned down and kissed his hands too. Then I reached out a hand and ran the pads of my finger up the display. The table lit up with tendrils of light and I spread my fingers through them carefully.[/i]

"These are lines of reality. They run parallel, but sometimes if there's a large enough disruption, we can be thrown from one line to the next. This is the one that runs closest to our own."

[i]I looked over my shoulder and saw Neil looking down at his armor, then back up at me.[/i]

"So in this reality, I'm your boss."

"And my abilities aren't what they once were. But on the other hand I can do this."

[i]I trailed my fingers through the lines that represented reality.[/i]

"We can make a jump back if we have the right disruptions again."

"And the odds of us making it back in one piece?"

"Not...so good."[/FONT][/COLOR]

• 4 weeks later...
An explosion of epic magnitude sounds like it would totally and conceivably transport people between dimensions. Yep. Sure.

[spoiler]This is so not a hack post in order to lure a certain someone into POSTING.[/spoiler]