OtakuBoards

Terrible Weather

Darren

[FONT="Arial"][quote name='Anomaly'][FONT="Garamond"]It's blizzarding here. In April. And I mean a lot. It was +24 degrees celcius a week ago, yesterday, too. I consider this to be [B]terrible[/B] weather. IN APRIL. D:

I live in central Alberta, Canada and yeah, it can be cold.. but generally by now, all the snow has melted and it actually feels like spring![/FONT][/QUOTE]

Do you mean -24 degrees celsius? Because 24 degrees celsius sounds nice. Unless I'm forgetting the fahrenheit equivalent. I'm making an effort to learn celsius the way that I know fahrenheit so that I can stop fussing over weather temperatures with a certain South African friend of mine.

I swear a conversation about the weather once went something like this:

Jay: It rained the other day. It was nice.

Me: Oh did it get cold after it rained? It does that every time here in the winter. And in the spring/summer it gets hot and sticky.

Jay: Just a little, around 7 degrees celsius.

Me: 7 degrees celsius?

Me: THAT MEANS NOTHING TO ME!!!

Me: You all and your celsius using selves!

Jay: Yeah and you are the only ones using fahraenheit! :P

Of course that's with all silliness.

But anyways, I'm wondering what your spring is like? Temp wise and so on?[/FONT]

[FONT="Garamond"]haha, oh sorry! Bad wording, on my part. About a week and a bit ago, it WAS beautiful and glorious and +24 Celcius which is actually like hot to the point where you can wear shorts, t shirts and get sweet sunburns. Now it's all blizzardy and somewhere around -11 Celcius and I am bundled up in winter coat and boots and wearing mittens to school every day. And no, alas, I don't know the crazy Fahrenheit equivalent. SO CONFUSING.

Spring is usually, oh I don't know.. we'll say, between 10 - 25 above, on a daily basis. Closer to 10ish when it rains (because in general, rain is more common than snow xD). And we could potentially have green grass by now and flowers out, in a really good spring![/FONT]

In bentonville (Arkansas, home of sam walton of Wal-Mart! Can i get a whoop whoop?) We had a really bad hail storm that tottaly trashed benton county.
Trashed it.
Lots of homes were destroyed in collage place and such, to the point where lots had to be rebuilt, its been like...a year? since it happened and we moved, but it freaked me out becuase there were huge hail stones that were so loud it sounded like they were coming inside and bouncing off the third floor tile.
Next to my room.
We stayed in the storm shelter for a loooong time, even though the storm ended like hours ago.

And then it was snowing! In march!
In freaking Arkansas!
So that was cool, one free snow day, but it melted fast. Always does.
Why must all good things come to such an abrupt end?