Allamorph vs. Raiha [Poetry Contest]

Sabrina

[FONT="Tahoma"][CENTER][SIZE="3"][B]Poetry Contest - Round Two [/B][/SIZE]

[hr=Blue]100[/hr]
[CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Allamorph [/B]vs. [B]Raiha[/B][/SIZE]

Topic: [B]Why My Opponent Should Win[/B][/CENTER]
[hr=Blue]100[/hr]

[B]Acrostic Poetry[/B][/CENTER]
For this round you are challenged to write an Acrostic Poem. Now for a basic Acrostic poem simply put the letters of the words given down the side of your post and then go back to each letter and think of a word, phrase or sentence that starts with the letter and describes your subject. For example:

[CENTER][COLOR="Blue"][B]Topic: Hockey[/B]

[B]H[/B]ockey is my favorite sport
[B]O[/B]n the ice or street
[B]C[/B]ool and fun
[B]K[/B]eep on playing
[B]E[/B]xercise and stronger
[B]Y[/B]ou should try [/COLOR][/CENTER]

As you can see, each line starts with a letter in the word hockey in order. No rhyming is required and each line can have from one to fifteen words.

Each contestant has till [COLOR="Blue"][U][B]Saturday the 26th[/B][/U] [/COLOR]to get their poems in. At which time the voting will begin, sooner if both members submit their poems before the deadline. Now all members are welcome to vote include those involved. If it is the thread you are in though, only comments and critiquing is allowed since obviously you can?t vote for yourself. But definitely take the time to vote on the other entries!

Keep in mind that for this round [COLOR="Blue"]cohesive voting[/COLOR] is required.

How does that work? It?s simple; for the next challenge there will be three challenges, in order for your vote to count you have to vote in each one. Any single posting and voting will automatically be disqualified if by the end of the challenge you have not also voted for the other two threads.

The only exception is of course the contestants since they can?t vote on their own challenge, however, they too are required to vote on the other two. So even their voting will be cohesive. Now if there are any questions, be sure to direct them to this thread here: [URL="http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=58871"][U]Poetry Contest[/U][/URL] And now let?s have some fun![/FONT]

[LEFT][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"][b]W[/b]here are you going?
[b]H[/b]ow dare you try to leave.
[b]Y[/b]ou get back here right now and vote for Allamorph.

[b]M[/b]y sources say simply he's the best.
[b]Y[/b]ou just can't begin to know his greatness.

[b]O[/b]bviously he is far superior to the competition.
[b]P[/b]erfectly charming in every possible way.
[b]P[/b]utting down the opposition without breaking a sweat.
[b]O[/b]pening windows into the unknown with remarkable dexterity.
[b]N[/b]aturally charming the masses with his talents.
[b]E[/b]ven though I'd love to win.
[b]N[/b]obody could seriously compare me favorably to him.
[b]T[/b]hat would be absolutely ridiculous.
[b]S[/b]houldn't you save your vote for the more deserving?
[b]H[/b]ow on Earth do you expect me to succeed?
[b]O[/b]ther than by killing him in his sleep with an axe.
[b]U[/b]nderstand though that murder would cheating.
[b]L[/b]eaving that idea aside,
[b]D[/b]on't expect a victory from me any time soon.

[b]W[/b]hatever.
[b]I[/b] can't possibly be upset about all this.
[b]N[/b]obody comes close to him anyway.[/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]

[FONT="Arial"][INDENT]
[B]S[/B]tay and show your allegiance to her who
[B]U[/B]nderstands your desires and
[B]P[/B]lays out your fantasies! She has
[B]P[/B]robably buried you
[B]O[/B]nce already, along with many others at your
[B]R[/B]equest. What better time to
[B]T[/B]ell her of your appreciation?

[B]R[/B]oam where you will; I would be
[B]A[/B]stonished should you easily encounter another.
[B]I[/B]ndeed, few alive can
[B]H[/B]ope to match the sheer
[B]A[/B]lacrity innate to her mind.

[B]Q[/B]uixotic she is, and
[B]U[/B]npredictable as the path of an
[B]E[/B]dith's Copper, and yet myriad pages
[B]E[/B]merge from under her pen in
[B]N[/B]ot an hour's time.

[B]O[/B]nly a few lines to
[B]F[/B]ollow. Decide!

[B]D[/B]eliberate no more, you
[B]E[/B]rstwhile member!
[B]A[/B]ward your sympathy
[B]T[/B]o her whom it is due. Thoughts are wasted?
[B]H[/B]eed not the circular logic striving for your mind![/INDENT]
[/FONT]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][B]Raiha:[/B] Your poem is fun in that it seems to be hovering between being a satire and serious, not quite touching either line completely. I like it and it?s amusing, but at the same time I can?t determine just which way it?s supposed to go.

[B]Allamorph:[/B] Not only do I like the variation [U]Support Raiha Queen of Death[/U] (I seriously laughed out loud upon realizing what that said) I like how the entire poem ties into that, most notably with the part: [U]She has probably buried you once already, along with many others at your request[/U]. A very unique and fun take on the challenge in my opinion.

For this round I vote for [B]Allamorph[/B]. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"][B]Raiha:[/B] Your poem comes across as being meant to be funny in an almost melodramatic manner that pokes fun at both praise and at competition in the first place. It is fun, but I don't really care for that style of writing, even when it's as well written as yours is.

[B]Allamorph:[/B] The variation you did is what makes your poem stand out, I can't help but giggle at what it really stands for. However! It's also a parody on stuff that only fellow OtakuBoards members who have actually read works by Raiha would understand. Funny, but has the potential to confuse people who don't know her. But it's still funny on it's own, it's just that the true fun comes from really knowing what it refers to.

Anyway, for making me laugh, [B]Allamorph[/B] get s my vote.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[B]Raiha:[/B] Yours is a wonderful play on irony that underneath is telling the reader, I'm not kidding - get your butt over there and vote for him. It's a little dry at times but still nicely done.

[B]Allamorph: [/B]Others have said it and it's really true, the variation [B]Support Raiha Queen of Death[/B] is just too hilarious. It does suffer a little like Aaryanna mentioned, but other than that it was a clever and fun take on the competition.

I give my vote to [B]Allamorph[/B]. Nicely done, both of you.

For Raiha's poem, though I think it's wonderfully done with the fine line between seriousness and a play on irony, it never seems to hit an even balance and I don't know just which form you were going for. I do like how it's consistent through out the poem even if I can't tell if your serious or joking.

Allamorph, though I do love the variation and how well written your poem is, I very much dislike the element that requires one to actually be more familiar with Raiha's writings here at OB. However, you balanced that bit out by going further into detail about her qualities that would make her the obvious choice.

This one is a bit harder to choose from because I think both of you outdid the other one in certain areas. In the end I am going to vote for [B]Raiha[/B].

[B]Raiha[/B]: I love the consistency in your poem, and I thought your choice of words was very fitting for Allamorph. Very convincing.

[B]Allamorph[/B]: Like Raiha?s, I thought the overall flow of your poem was done very well. Your choice of words was very eloquent, and I thought it did a wonderful job in describing Raiha. Like others have said, your variation was pretty clever and very fitting for Raiha.

Excellent poems to the both of you, but Raiha has convinced me to vote for [B]Allamorph[/B].

[COLOR="Indigo"]Raiha you have a wonderful consistency to your poem, telling everyone just why they should be voting for Allamorph.

Allamorph, as others have said, what strikes me the most about your poem is the variation, it's so very fitting for Raiha and brought a smile to my face when I read it.

My vote for this round goes to [B]Allamorph[/B]. [/COLOR]

[FONT="Tahoma"]Thank you very much everyone for your poems and participation on all sides. With Raiha receiving 1 vote and Allamorph 5 votes...[B] Allamorph[/B] wins this round. Congratulations! You advance to the final round. :catgirl:[/FONT]