OtakuBoards

Spring Madness!

Sabrina

[FONT="Tahoma"]It?s that time of year when winter starts to finally disappear and the days get longer and the weather steadily warmer. ^_^ Well? for some of us since I imagine for members in Australia like James? >_> It?s moving into fall instead of spring. XP

Anyway, the point of this thread is that every year when this time comes around I find myself gripped by a phenomena that I?ve come to call spring madness! The urge to do something, anything to feel less hemmed in.

Winter always sees me staying inside since I positively hate being cold, but once it warms up I always feel an urge to change. That change most often is the desire to spend as much time outside as possible or to do spring cleaning around the house/apartment. XP

So this year, like always, I?m tearing my room apart and rearranging things. I don?t know why I always get this urge each spring, I just do. So? what type of things do you find yourself doing each year? Cleaning? Gardening? Hiking? :catgirl:[/FONT]

[quote name='Sabrina'][FONT="Tahoma"]It?s that time of year when winter starts to finally disappear and the days get longer and the weather steadily warmer.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

For you down in Utah, maybe. I'm living in the middle of a frickin' desert up in Washington and we got snow last weekend. SNOW!!!! I ask you...

But I digress. When Spring rolls around I usually find myself reading a bit more. Once in a while I also like to get out and enjoy the sunlight, as well. Other than that, I basically do what I usually do, hang with my buds or play video games and browse the internet. Sometimes all at once.

[FONT="Tahoma"][quote name='Aceburner']For you down in Utah, maybe. I'm living in the middle of a frickin' desert up in Washington and we got snow last weekend. SNOW!!!! I ask you...[/QUOTE]Ironically, we got wild weather today, hail, rain and SNOW! Though it's warm enough out that the snow pretty much melted on contact. XP Still, overall the winter weather is pretty much over. :catgirl:

Also, you reminded me... getting out into the sun is a must! Once it's not freezing out... my day just doesn't feel right if I haven't been out side soaking up sun for part of the day. >_> I even managed to do that today in those rare moments when it wasn't storming. XP[/FONT]

Once it warms up enough I always end up spending time on the weekends hiking, but the biggest thing that changes is keeping my window open. I'm up on the third floor in the apartment complex I live in so I don't have to worry about trespassers. But in the winter, it's just too cold to have it open. But once it's warm/spring, I just about always have it open, even it's just a tiny bit.

Oh and though I don't rearrange things in my room, I do end up clearing out any dust. That kind of goes along with making sure things are still organized in my room. I hate having to hunt for stuff, especially any music cd's, that just annoys me to no end if I can't find a particular disk. Though I tend to do that several times a year and not just in the spring.

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']I hate having to hunt for stuff, especially any music cd's, that just annoys me to no end if I can't find a particular disk.[/QUOTE]

*coughiTunescough*

Anyway, another thing I like about Spring? Not getting sports injuries. I just pulled my groin twice warming up for karate. Man this hurts...

Not that I enjoy this kind of thing any other time of the year, of course.

[quote name='Aceburner']*coughiTunescough*[/QUOTE]No offense to iTunes... but that is pretty pathetic compared to a decent sound system. iTunes... *shudder* No, seriously, for a good listening experiance... No. And yes I'm sure you could argue that there are good systems for a computer, but why waste the money when you already have one? Even when I use something like iTunes to get more music, all I do is end up putting it on disk so I can listen to it with my real sound system. I rarely use iTunes for anything.

Spring for me always, always means getting outside more and gardening. The late season for Utah, and by late I mean compared to Texas, is the only thing I dislike about living here. I grew up where spring came about much sooner.

Anyway, that's what I always do, yard work to get ready to plant everything from flowers to vegetables and herbs. I also tend to work on cleaning the house from top to bottom. It's much easier when it's warm enough outside to have all the windows open to air the place out as well. I really dislike the harsh smell of chemicals.

And then, I spend my days being outside as much as possible since I enjoy it and because I have a nice view of the mountains from my backyard.

[quote name='Aaryanna_Mom']Spring for me always, always means getting outside more and gardening. The late season for Utah, and by late I mean compared to Texas, is the only thing I dislike about living here. I grew up where spring came about much sooner.

Anyway, that's what I always do, yard work to get ready to plant everything from flowers to vegetables and herbs. I also tend to work on cleaning the house from top to bottom. It's much easier when it's warm enough outside to have all the windows open to air the place out as well. I really dislike the harsh smell of chemicals.

And then, I spend my days being outside as much as possible since I enjoy it and because I have a nice view of the mountains from my backyard.[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]What about Texas? :'(

Spring normally means the end of school for me. College wraps up in about two weeks for me and I'm excited to get out for the summer. I'm a summer child and there's nothing better than going biking down to the beach and ridin the swells for 5-6 hours on end. But it's kinda hard for me right now, seeing as I live more than a hop, skip and jump away from water.

Spring also means shorts. I love wearin shorts and I don't like the winter months because it gets reasonably cold enough to where shorts would be a bad idea. So I have to go pants shopping again and again, since I normally don't hold on to pants longer than the winter season. [/FONT]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='Sabrina'][FONT="Tahoma"]I?m tearing my room apart and rearranging things. I don?t know why I always get this urge each spring, I just do. [/FONT][/QUOTE]You're not the only one who does that. I'm in the middle of doing that right now since I like shaking things up. It's like spring comes around and I have to change how my room is arranged. Heh. In general, I just love being able to be outside without needing layers and layers of clothing to stay warm. [/FONT][/COLOR]

I usually have my windows wide open during spring. I sometimes go running through the grass with my puppy and we stick our faces into the grass just to smell spring. Other than that, I stay locked up in my "cave" as my dad calls it. It's my BEDROOM!:animeangr I stay inside by choice. You see, I get sunburns easily and never tanned. White as snow all year long...:animeswea Plus, the sun HURTS!!! It really does cause me pain! I think I'm just a teensy bit sensitive to the sun but my cruel yet wonderful friend mocks me by calling me a vampire!:animecry: She knows that I prefer werewolves!:p

[SIZE="1"]I love spring. Its my favorite season. The smells, the sun, warmth. Mmm.

For me spring is a time to enjoy the beautiful weather and run/walk, rollerblade, ride bikes, in the park. Basically doing a lot of my working out outside. Warm weather and sunshine always makes my mood better, and I enjoy seeing leaves back on the trees, and green grass.

"Spring cleaning" is something my house desperately needs, whenever that happens.[/SIZE]

Spring what is this Spring you speak of. Here in Illinois, the only real seasons we have is Winter and Summer. Spring and Fall are kinda of the same, one moment it can be close to 80 degrees next thing you know it's 45 degrees, sometimes within an hour. That a side, Spring for me is basically the time when the count down towards Summer Break begins at the school I work at and I get read for the various conventions I plan on going to during the Summer in the Chicagoland area and to work Summer School.

* I was going to quote the MST3K version of "Case of Spring Fever". But I can't think of anything that would go with my post*

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I love spring but I prefer winter. I like the spring since I can go outside without a jacket and wear some of my new short shorts that I bought for the season. But it's been weird weather here in CA.

[COLOR="Magenta"]It's cold in the mornings and super hot in the afternoon around lunch time. But spring seems to be my type of weather except the that fact that I can't snowboard.[/COLOR]

But with some nice weather outside, it feels good to have to some fun in the sun and play some outdoor games like soccer, tennis, swim, and other spring sports. Spring really is a good season.[/FONT]