OtakuBoards

Extreme Music

Zen

[size=1]"Tell Shannon To Get Her Crafts Ready" is easily my favorite from HeavyHeavyLowLow. I'm a bigger fan of their first CD "F**k It!" but their new CD is pretty good.

What CDs are you all waiting to come out?

Personally, I'm waiting for the following:
Elysia- "Lion Of Judas"
They're going for a new sound, which has me a bit on the hesitant side. From the songs they have posted on their MySpace, they're going for a new sound. They, in my opinion, were [i]THE[/i] Deathcore band for a while. Heavy riffs, breakdowns that would break you in two, they were incredible live, and they were only like 17 years old hah. But this new stuff seems to be going away from that sound, less breakdowns, less heavy, I don't know ha. I'm nervous, but I'll still buy it.
=/

Whitechapel- "This Is Exile"
This just sounds like insane secks. Enough said, to be honest haha.

Knights Of The Abyss- "Shades"
Basically, what I said about Elysia's new CD could apply here. Except, instead of the Deathcore sound, these guys seem to be going for a more straightforward Death Metal, with too few of the "-core" influences fans have come to really love.

The Irish Front- "Universe"
They announced this CD like last year, and they're still working on it?
wtfsauce.
haha, the new songs they have on their MySpace sound sexy as hell though, so I suppose I can wait. hah

Bring Me The Horizon- "Suicide Season"
I'm quoting what I said on the 1st page, ha.
I'm nervous for their next CD, on an interview with Kerrang! Magazine, Oliver described the new CD/sound as being " 'more rock than metal. It's heavy though, and sounds a lot more fatter and beefier. We've also done some mellower tracks too.' Oliver Sykes, vocalist, also states that this album will see the band 'moving away from the sound' of their first album."

Lower Definition- "The Greatest of All Lost Arts"
This sounds incredible. These guys are THE band to come out from our very own San Diego. They kind of sound like A Day To Remember, without the heavy riffs. They're Indie, with "-core" influences. Haha, it sounds funny, but they are amazing, I promise.
;D![/size]

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]While yes, we can agree that clean vocals are everywhere in metalcore, it is not needed to make metalcore. Metalcore mostly relies on the chug of the guitars, and double bass drumming, mixed with a few soft moments/clean moments, though they are bands that use no soft spots in the music. This is what I'd call Metalcore in its purest form. xDEATHSTARx, Figure Four, etc. If you want dual vocals, and pure metalcore, with a very large ammount of hardcore punk influence... I deeply recommend Figure Four. Amazing. One of the vocalists, I believe is now in Norma Jean. If you want three... yes. THREE VOCALISTS (amazing.) and alot of hardcore and thrash influence, listen to xDEATHSTARx.

The best metalcore for me, as far as spinoff genres go... is Southern metalcore. I'm talking about Skynnyrd guitar riffs coming full force into the hardcore and metal influence that makes up metalcore itself. Maylene and the Sons of Disaster is a notable band. Another band I guess you could categorize into the genre, though they are less southern, is Everytime I Die. Both bands are, well, what I'd like to call extreme. Everytime I Die, definitely, is extreme... Especially their old stuff.

"Shades" isn't already out? You can buy it and a t-shirt for a special bundle at MerchNow.com... that's why I thought it was already out, I suppose. It could be a pre-order though.

I'm waiting for CTTS' next album. If ever comes out. BMTH's new album. Underoath's new album, definitely. At this point, that's all, I think. [/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][SIZE="1"]Hmmm, Underoath is pretty cool. Is't the new CD Survivce, Kaleidoscope already out? Or is there a different new CD, cause I saw it in Wal Mart just a few days ago... eh.

But for some reason Norma Jean bugs me, I think they're good, it's just I can't get into them and I think they're awesome... I wanted to buy Oh God the Aftermath, but it's not at wal Mart any more >_>

You know, for some reason I find hardcore songs with small sections of very melodic singing make the song amazing... for some reason I just love the transition from heavy to low to heavy again :confused:

[quote name='Whoa, Mann']For once, I wish face was here, because this subject is easily agreed with between him and I.[/quote]

Yeah Kevin was awesome, even though he hated me, but I think now he wouldn't so much. As for the new CTTS album, they better hurry... oh god. On FYE's site it said they sold As the Roots Undo, and I hope they do now cause I waaaaaaaaant that album soooo bad... it's just ugh... the wait.

[B][U][SIZE="4"]THE WAIT[/SIZE][/U][/B]

[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='boothten'][size=1]

Whitechapel- "This Is Exile"
This just sounds like insane secks. Enough said, to be honest haha.

The Irish Front- "Universe"
They announced this CD like last year, and they're still working on it?
wtfsauce.
haha, the new songs they have on their MySpace sound sexy as hell though, so I suppose I can wait. hah

Bring Me The Horizon- "Suicide Season"
I'm quoting what I said on the 1st page, ha.
I'm nervous for their next CD, on an interview with Kerrang! Magazine, Oliver described the new CD/sound as being " 'more rock than metal. It's heavy though, and sounds a lot more fatter and beefier. We've also done some mellower tracks too.' Oliver Sykes, vocalist, also states that this album will see the band 'moving away from the sound' of their first album."

;D![/size][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue][size=1]

Particularly "Suicide Season". Oh yes, oh yes.

And while it hasn't been said yet, I'm sure it is inevitable... I'm ready to hear some more [b]Born of Osiris[/b]. 20-something minutes isn't enough for me. I want to hear more, because I love those guys.[/color][/size]

[size=1]Zen, have you seen Born Of Osiris live?
If you haven't, you should. ASAP.
They sound [i]perfect[/i].
You know how the majority of bands tend to sound somewhat different live, whether it be the vocals sound sh*ttier than on the CD, drums sound lame, guitar sounds too distorted, or whatever?
Yeah, it's like you're listening to their CD, only it's live.
INSANITY.

And Knights Of The Abyss won't release "Shades" until 6/23/08 if I'm not mistaken. You must have seen links to make a Pre-order.
;D![/size]

[quote name='Aberinkula'][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][SIZE="1"]Hmmm, Underoath is pretty cool. Is't the new CD Survivce, Kaleidoscope already out? Or is there a different new CD, cause I saw it in Wal Mart just a few days ago... eh.

But for some reason Norma Jean bugs me, I think they're good, it's just I can't get into them and I think they're awesome... I wanted to buy Oh God the Aftermath, but it's not at wal Mart any more >_>

You know, for some reason I find hardcore songs with small sections of very melodic singing make the song amazing... for some reason I just love the transition from heavy to low to heavy again :confused:

Yeah Kevin was awesome, even though he hated me, but I think now he wouldn't so much. As for the new CTTS album, they better hurry... oh god. On FYE's site it said they sold As the Roots Undo, and I hope they do now cause I waaaaaaaaant that album soooo bad... it's just ugh... the wait.

[B][U][SIZE="4"]THE WAIT[/SIZE][/U][/B]

[/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]Yeah, there's a new CD coming out. Survive. Kaleidoscope is just a live CD/DVD. What are you waiting for? lol Go buy As the Roots Undo. That one has been out for three years now, and it may be one of the greatest 100 cds ever, in my opinion. O' God the Aftermath is the highlight of Norma Jean's career in my opinion. I didn't like "Bless the Martyr..." so much, and I havn't even listened to Redeemer, because I know it probably won't add up to be amazing, like O' God the Aftermath. It's a definite buy. Especially the Special Edition CD/DVD. But beware, there is no poppy clean vocals or typical breakdowns. It's more of an epic approach. [/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='boothten'][size=1]Zen, have you seen Born Of Osiris live?
If you haven't, you should. ASAP.
They sound [i]perfect[/i].
You know how the majority of bands tend to sound somewhat different live, whether it be the vocals sound sh*ttier than on the CD, drums sound lame, guitar sounds too distorted, or whatever?
Yeah, it's like you're listening to their CD, only it's live.
INSANITY.

And Knights Of The Abyss won't release "Shades" until 6/23/08 if I'm not mistaken. You must have seen links to make a Pre-order.
;D![/size][/QUOTE]
Summer Slaughter Tour 2008.

June 30th.

Spartanburg, SC at Ground Zero.

Zen and a couple of buddies are going to that baby. I'm excited for the majority of the bands, but definetly AMPED to go see [b]Born of Osiris, Despised Icon, The Black Dahlia Murder,[/b] and an AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING local death metal group, [b]Tales of the Black Freighter[/b] (look them up on myspace, ****ing awesome).

Yeah. I'm ready to see it go down.[/color][/size]

[size=1]zomfg, I'm going to that too!
Not all the way over in South Carolina mind you, haha, the one here in San Diego.

I'm hoping to destroy in the pits they'll have, along with a few friends.
Ahhhh, I can't wait.
Especially for Born Of Osiris, Despised Icon, and ESPECIALLY Whitechapel.
How dare you not post them Zen.
How [i]dare[/i] you.

hahah[/size]

[quote name='boothten'][size=1]zomfg, I'm going to that too!
Not all the way over in South Carolina mind you, haha, the one here in San Diego.

I'm hoping to destroy in the pits they'll have, along with a few friends.
Ahhhh, I can't wait.
Especially for Born Of Osiris, Despised Icon, and ESPECIALLY Whitechapel.
How dare you not post them Zen.
How [i]dare[/i] you.

hahah[/size][/QUOTE]

Alas, you are correct... I'm so dissapointed in myself. I guess I'll just have to throwdown extra hard to make up for it.

That's the main reason why I'm super excited to go. I mean, I've thrown down alot. And the music is definetly the reason to go... But to throw down to [b]"Bow Down"[/b] live?

[size=3][b]WHAT?! [/b][/size]

Skulls will be split by my flying spin kicks of death.[/color][/size]

[QUOTE]One Bad Pig[/QUOTE]
Man I thought you said Man Bear Pig. Extreme Southpark related band=win.

Oh yea[B] Neutral Milk Hotel[/B].

These guys have some weird indie alternative folk vibe to em. Very odd stuff to say the least. It was one hell off a pain in the *** to find them. Now that I have I can enjoy their strange strange music. A must hear if you into indie.

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][SIZE="1"]Heh, [B]Timmy & the Lords of Destruction [/B]from South Park is a bonus song on Rock Band. Anyways I just finished listening to 'Desecrete Through Reverance' proof that [B]Waking the Fallen[/B] is Avenged Sevenfolds best work, I just wish they'd go back to their roots :([/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Aberinkula'][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][SIZE="1"]Heh, [B]Timmy & the Lords of Destruction [/B]from South Park is a bonus song on Rock Band. Anyways I just finished listening to 'Desecrete Through Reverance' proof that [B]Waking the Fallen[/B] is Avenged Sevenfolds best work, I just wish they'd go back to their roots :([/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I don't. City of Evil>All as far as I'm concerned. There is plenty of "chuuga chuuga" out there as it is. That's just my opinion though. And I do like metalcore. It's just that so much of it is the same old ****. The same riffs, rhythms and lyrics over and over until you don't care anymore.

[quote name='Aberinkula'][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][SIZE="1"]Heh, [B]Timmy & the Lords of Destruction [/B]from South Park is a bonus song on Rock Band. ([/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

It's "Timmy and the Lords of the [b]Underworld[/b]".

And I agree with [b]Panache[/b] on "City of Evil". By far A7X's best work.[/color][/size]

[quote name='Panache']Man I thought you said Man Bear Pig. Extreme Southpark related band=win.

Oh yea[B] Neutral Milk Hotel[/B].

These guys have some weird indie alternative folk vibe to em. Very odd stuff to say the least. It was one hell off a pain in the *** to find them. Now that I have I can enjoy their strange strange music. A must hear if you into indie.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]Haha... Extremely un- extreme.. My ex-girlfriend loved them... along with This Providence... Rocket to the Moon... Honorary Title.. Brand New and other un-extreme bands. She did like some extremely extreme bands though. Fizzy Dino Pop, for instance. Those... kids.. guys.. girls... whatever they are... were Extreme. But Neutral Milk Hotel are strange. I'll give you that.

Haha... At the Drive in, Slipknot and mewithoutYou are three bands I wouldn't call extreme. At the Drive in were pretty chilled out most of the time... They started alot of the post-hardcore scene that is today, along side Fugazi. Slipknot wish they were extreme. mewithoutYou [I]was[/I] extreme at one point.[I] I Never Said I Was Brave[/I] was a completely new coming of hardcore punk, and I think it deserved to be called screamo in every form of the word. After that, mwY's style got chilled out.. But you know.. I still love their music.

Now... this is just now coming to mind for me. [I]In Vogue[/I] by Drop Dead, Gorgeous. Mmm. What a luscious debut album. Their ep before that got me pretty hyped, and In Vogue was just what I was hoping for. A tight fretted, odd time sigged, extreme vocaled, keyboard burning, debut indeed. [I]Worst Than A Fairy Tale [/I]cannot beat [I]In Vogue[/I]. DDG had it all going for them on that CD. They took everything that post-hardcore bands had already done, and made it their own mixture of music. And for that, I have nothing but respect.

I agree as well. [I]City of Evil[/I] captured me with the classico jazz dual guitar, the ear splitting solos, the extremely fast double bass drumming, and the extremely annoying vocals. Their new CD is nothing but disappointing for me. [/COLOR]

[/SIZE]

[QUOTE]Haha... Extremely un- extreme.. My ex-girlfriend loved them... along with This Providence... Rocket to the Moon... Honorary Title.. Brand New and other un-extreme bands. She did like some extremely extreme bands though. Fizzy Dino Pop, for instance. Those... kids.. guys.. girls... whatever they are... were Extreme. But Neutral Milk Hotel are strange. I'll give you that.[/QUOTE]Well they are outside the norm of general pop music which is what I thought we were going for.

[quote name='Panache']Well they are outside the norm of general pop music which is what I thought we were going for.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]Hmm, you do have something there. But extreme music in my mind... is stuff that's just freaking insane. Hardcore punk, mathcore, screamo, deathcore, death metal... all the heavy stuff. Haha.. Neutral Milk Hotel aren't exactly my number one mosh-to band.

ledzeppelinrules... I wasn't trying to say I didn't like the bands. It's just... Chilled out stuff. Now, the new list. Well, that's good music. Converge, HORSE the Band. The Chariot, Norma Jean and Minor Threat are very notable bands for going to the extremes. All very good bands. Though I don't listen to the other bands, and I despise Cradle of Filth... well. You know. I can't say much for them. Though it seemed Slayer was the most extreme band of its time. Spewing blood on the innocent pregnant mothers of the US of A. Good times.

[I]R. Borlax[/I] by HORSE the Band is one of my favorite albums in fact. Great stuff. Just yesterday I was listening to it. A Natural Death had been purchased by me recently... But I just can't seem to get into it... It's not [I]R. Borlax[/I].

Props to Minor Threat for the capturing of a new punk style. Hardcore, that is.

p.s- on the subject of extremely strange music that isn't extreme, but is strange... and enjoyable. Well. [B]Math the Band[/B]. look them up... all their stuff is up for download... The links are on their myspace page. you might like them Panache... if you like strange Acoustic/ Techno/ dual vocaled... stuff.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='Whoa, Mann'][SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]Hmm, you do have something there. But extreme music in my mind... is stuff that's just freaking insane. Hardcore punk, mathcore, screamo, deathcore, death metal... all the heavy stuff. Haha.. Neutral Milk Hotel aren't exactly my number one mosh-to band.

ledzeppelinrules... I wasn't trying to say I didn't like the bands. It's just... Chilled out stuff. Now, the new list. Well, that's good music. Converge, HORSE the Band. The Chariot, Norma Jean and Minor Threat are very notable bands for going to the extremes. All very good bands. Though I don't listen to the other bands, and I despise Cradle of Filth... well. You know. I can't say much for them. Though it seemed Slayer was the most extreme band of its time. Spewing blood on the innocent pregnant mothers of the US of A. Good times.

[I]R. Borlax[/I] by HORSE the Band is one of my favorite albums in fact. Great stuff. Just yesterday I was listening to it. A Natural Death had been purchased by me recently... But I just can't seem to get into it... It's not [I]R. Borlax[/I].

Props to Minor Threat for the capturing of a new punk style. Hardcore, that is.

p.s- on the subject of extremely strange music that isn't extreme, but is strange... and enjoyable. Well. [B]Math the Band[/B]. look them up... all their stuff is up for download... The links are on their myspace page. you might like them Panache... if you like strange Acoustic/ Techno/ dual vocaled... stuff.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

I've never heard of Math the Band but, thanks I'll look them up.

[QUOTE]Hmm, you do have something there. But extreme music in my mind... is stuff that's just freaking insane. Hardcore punk, mathcore, screamo, deathcore, death metal... all the heavy stuff. Haha.. Neutral Milk Hotel aren't exactly my number one mosh-to band. [/QUOTE] Yea I know but to be honest I am just trying to bring different things to the table. I mean sure most people here could name a thousand good whatever core bands but I think it's more interesting to look over other types of music that don't get much popular expose. Does Neutral Milk hotel make heavy music? No. does it make strange music that the masses might have trouble digesting? Why yes it does.

[size=1]I think the point of the thread is to talk about [i]Extreme[/i] music though, not music that is more underground than it is mainstream. Correct me if I'm wrong though.
I don't listen to that band, nor have I heard or taken the time to listen to them, I'm just sayin, folks...
haha

Change of subject: everyone on here who listens to and enjoys Deathcore SHOULD LISTEN TO THIS BAND IMMEDIATELY.

[url=http://www.myspace.com/iwrestledabearonce][u]iwrestledabearonce[/u][/url]

ohmygod.
They're crazy good, awesome breakdowns, really chill parts during songs, and insanely random. Just listen and we'll all have some coffee and talk about them, haha.
AND THEIR VOCALIST IS A GIRL, BUT SOUNDS BRUTE AS F**K. hahaha
She sounds really good, I could go on. I'm really into them right now.
Listen to every song completely that they have on their MySpace before coming to a judgment. I promise you, they are worth the listen.[/size]

[quote name='boothten'][size=1]

[url=http://www.myspace.com/iwrestledabearonce][u]iwrestledabearonce[/u][/url]

ohmygod.
They're crazy good, awesome breakdowns, really chill parts during songs, and insanely random. Just listen and we'll all have some coffee and talk about them, haha.
AND THEIR VOCALIST IS A GIRL, BUT SOUNDS BRUTE AS F**K. hahaha
She sounds really good, I could go on. I'm really into them right now.
Listen to every song completely that they have on their MySpace before coming to a judgment. I promise you, they are worth the listen.[/size][/QUOTE]

I nearly sh^t my pants when I heard that dude.... wow... amazing... like seriously... They might take a top spot for me... thats crazy. That chick is brutal. I want her as my girlfriend just from the voice alone...

I just love their whole theme and craziness and everything. Crazy awesome.

Downloading time.[/color][/size]

[size=1]ZOMFG I KNOW!
hahah, ahhhh.

Listen to "Alaskan Flounder Basket" from 00:15-00:34, that beats sounds [i]fantastic[/i]. Especially the beginning little beat from 00:15-00:23. It reminds of another song, but I can't think of it for the life of me right now. The same applies to the final breakdown in "Ulrich Firelord" that start at 02:30-End ha.
Regardless, it's all soo danceable/tear-upable hahah.

And the video they have on their is just ridiculous.
All of their songs are just fantastic, to be honest hah.

Everything about them is just incredible for me right now. I think they're easily one of my favorite bands for the month as of right now. haha[/size]

[quote name='boothten'][size=1]ZOMFG I KNOW!
hahah, ahhhh.

Listen to "Alaskan Flounder Basket" from 00:15-00:34, that beats sounds [i]fantastic[/i]. Especially the beginning little beat from 00:15-00:23. It reminds of another song, but I can't think of it for the life of me right now. The same applies to the final breakdown in "Ulrich Firelord" that start at 02:30-End ha.
Regardless, it's all soo danceable/tear-upable hahah.

And the video they have on their is just ridiculous.
All of their songs are just fantastic, to be honest hah.

Everything about them is just incredible for me right now. I think they're easily one of my favorite bands for the month as of right now. haha[/size][/QUOTE]

I want to see them play so bad man... and that Inspector Gadget breakdown in "Ulrich Firelord" is just so classy. Also the novelty horn in "Smells Like Kevin Bacon". I love the stuff man. Its nice to see some deathcore/grindcore with a little sense of humor and what not. I love it.

I added their vid to my myspace page because it was so "Tim & Eric Awesome Show"-cool.[/color][/size]