OtakuBoards

How do you change your Otaku Background image?

WickedDreams

[FONT=Arial]Sure. It's really simple, actually, so lemme walk you through it. (^_^)

When you log in, head to your [B]Backroom[/B]?it should be linked in a box on the right?and click on [B]Worlds Editor[/B] up at the top. Once there, select the world you want to change the image for from the drop down box and press the [B]Edit World[/B] button.

Now you should see a screen where you can fiddle with pretty much any aspect of the world. Under [B]Step Two[/B], make sure the box beside [B]Use Customizations Below[/B] is checked, and then right under that is an option to upload images from your computer to your world. Click [B]Browse[/B], find the image you want from your computer files, and then click [B]Edit Design[/B] down at the bottom.

As of now, I'm pretty sure that the only images you can use are ones you have on your computer. TheOtaku probably won't read images linked from other sites, so don't put a web address in the box and expect it to work. I also think that right now TheO only supports .jpg files, but I can't remember exactly.

Hope that get's ya set.[/FONT]

[color=#4B0082]Are you sure the "Use Customizations Below" box on the Worlds Editor design page is checked? Make sure it is and then try re-uploading the image. If it still doesn't show up after that, try pushing Ctrl+F5 while viewing the World. (This reloads the page entirely from the server instead of using cached images.)[/color]

[quote name='WickedDreams']T_T this confuses me even more.[/quote]
[FONT=Arial]In that case, tell us what we said that doesn't make sense. We can't help you until then.

We'd like to, really, but without you saying anything besides "tee-underscore-tee" all we'll be doing is bombarding you with information, and that's just not going to work for anyone.[/FONT]

I uploaded this image a while ago before theOtaku updated.

[url]http://i30.tinypic.com/16hjfvm.jpg[/url]

This is what I got from what your telling me.

[url]http://i30.tinypic.com/2lavqj9.jpg[/url]

I used this and it still doesn't have the background image I want.

[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=blue]From what it seems, you're skipping one step. First, click on that browse button, navigate to your desired image, and click okay (which is what I'm assuming you've been doing up to this point. Then, check off that box just above the browse button labeled "Use Customizations Below" and click Edit Design at the bottom. This should save the changes and use your new background image. Just look out for any kind of error message the system might respond with after you click Edit Design. Changes are, you won't get one but if you do, that's another reason your background isn't changing.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]That's the problem. You're trying to update MyOtaku, am I right? If that's the case, what you need is this:

Go to myotaku.com (not theotaku. This is very important,) and sign in.

After your settings load, you should be in the MyOtaku backroom. From here, go to "Edit Styles" in the sidebar.

Once there, copy and paste the URL of the image you want to use and set the hex code of main background color, site border color, inner background color and menu color to "#XXXXXX".

Now click "submit changes" to save your work.[/FONT]