OtakuBoards

Diablo III

Ellerby

[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]A couple of days ago the ice crystal decor on the World of Warcraft website began to crack. Last night, those crystals shattered and the flames that are Diablo III were released.

Excitement! Before I say anything, please watch the Cinematic Trailer and the awesomely long Gameplay Trailer (featuring one new class, the [url=http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/characters/]Witch Doctor[/url]) located [url=http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/?rhtml=y][u]here[/u][/url].

I never really played Diablo much when it was popular, I was much more into Starcraft. Even so, as a fan of games like Baldur's Gate and other dungeon crawlers I'm [I]really[/I] looking forward to D3.

The graphics look astonishing. Physics are incredible (destructible environment ftw) and even the story seems like it will be lots of fun. I don't know about you guys, but this game looks done. lol[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT="Verdana"][COLOR="DarkRed"]OMG A FREAKIN' ZOMBIE WALL!!1

On a serious note, I've been a long time fan of D2, especially since it was the only game I've played online with real life friends, which I'm looking forward to having that experience again. I'm just praying right now that D3 gets a few of my friends off Final Fantasy XI.

D3 is looking more in dept then just spamming one spell and the occasional buff. I'm really looking forward to the hot-keys, and the Witchdoctor's play style seems reason enough for me to want to buy this game. And lastly, the boss fights are starting to actually look epic.[/COLOR][/FONT]

That looks sweet. Diablo is one of the only games like this that I even like so I've been hoping that they'd eventually make another one. I don't know why the site is listing a barbarian as a new class though. that option was available with the expansion pack for the last game. The witch doctor looks interesting though. I wonder what the other three will be since it says there will only be five classes. I'll be disappointed if there isn't some form of sorceress/sorcerer.

Anyway, the graphics look great too. I just got through looking at the high res screen shots. Pity there is no estimate as to when the game will be released. XP

How weird is it that just a few days before this game was announced, I decided to buy Diablo II and Lord of Destruction?

Anyways, it's never been a better time to be a Blizzard fan. With Starcraft II and Diablo III to be eventually released, Blizzard is back in the non-MMO spotlight!

One of these days, we should do a Diablo2-athon.

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Matt']One of these days, we should do a Diablo2-athon.[/QUOTE]We should, seeing the trailer for Diablo III has me wanting to start playing my game again. Those graphics and such just look totally awesome. I know I'll be getting this game the moment it's released.
[/COLOR]

[quote name='Matt']
One of these days, we should do a Diablo2-athon.[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Garamond"][COLOR="Navy"]I'm down for a Diablo 2-athon. That would be pretty flipping sweet. I don't actually have the game loaded on my computer right now, but if you guys seriously wanted to bust it out, I'm game.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='Indi'][COLOR="Indigo"]We should, seeing the trailer for Diablo III has me wanting to start playing my game again. Those graphics and such just look totally awesome. I know I'll be getting this game the moment it's released.
[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Same. If SC2 won't be my first collector's edition, D3 definitely will.

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Oooh! So they are going to make another Diablo game. :catgirl: Excellent! I love playing this game and that trailer and all the goodies at the site just look fantastic! If only they had some idea of when it will be released. Honestly, I'd go out and pick that up right now if it was available.

I guess I should get around to finally beating the hell level while I'm waiting. Heh. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1]This makes me very sad. Not because I don't like Diablo (as that would be entirely untrue), but because I highly doubt my computer will be running any new games (especially since it crashes when I play WoW)....I really need to come up with a way to upgrade....[/SIZE][/FONT]

Well, I personally want to do a D2-athon once I go through my first run, so that I can play as a different class. The fact that I would have an idea of what to expect would put me on a somewhat more equal footing as well is a bonus.

[COLOR="SlateGray"][SIZE="1"]Diablo 2-a-thons sound nice.

On topic, though, I'm quite happy that it's staying as a isometric action-RPG. I'm not gonna lie, I was afraid it'd end up at World of Diablo which, let's not mince words here, I would have played for the sheer fact that the name Diablo was in the title.
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

I haven't played Diablo II in so long. It brings back magical memories of my younger years where I would stay up til' five in the morning trying to get into the next area, and crashing my parents computer trying to download hacks for the game. My what a rascal I was in those days.

I cant wait to start cutting my way through hordes of monsters from an aerial view again, and Diablo II-a-thon sounds just like old times.

[SIZE="2"]I haven't played Diablo in such a long time. I've made a bundle of nice/great friends on it and at the same time i lost a few :p. Speaking of a D2-athon, i'd be up for game... if my characters still exist[/SIZE]:animeswea.

[SIZE="2"]As for Diablo 3, i think it'll be a great game! Graphics are nice and the game-play is a lot more exciting such as the previous diablo games. My main concern is that blizzard said they would bring back 5 characters back from the previous games, one such as the barbarian.And i'm wondering if they're going to bring back the 2 other characters,assassin and druid, that were released in Diablo: Lord of destruction (LoD). I mean i wasn't really a fan of using them but are they going to replace them with the original 5 characters from the first diablo 2 game? Still this game is going to be awsome either way[/SIZE] :animesigh

Game play looks really solid. I was a huge fan of the D2 game so this is a welcomed sequel. As long as they stick to their standard of quality I'm sure I'lll like it.

[COLOR="SeaGreen"]Randomuser, let's try to stick to good grammar and spelling please. It makes it easier for the other members to read. Please read the Rules/FAQ or PM me if you have any questions. Thanks

Korey[/COLOR]

• 4 weeks later...
"OMG A FREAKIN' ZOMBIE WALL!!1"

What he said. I saw the game play trailer when they announced it on the World of Warcraft website, and had to clean my pants (both front and back) moments later in pure nerdage bliss. The new game play is *EXACTLY* what Diablo needed to go from a stale remake of D2/D1 to a Unique game piece. The only thing I can forsee becoming an issue is devouting time to D3 AND WoW.

With Wrath of the Lich King, Diablo 3, and Starcraft 2 all on the horizon, Blizzard is on the thresh hold of taking their dominance of the gaming world to a whole new level.

• 4 weeks later...
I have been waiting for this game for so long ^_^, never even knowing if it was going to come into existence or not. so YES!

All I ask is for them to keep the online play free. Speaking of online play I wonder if they plan to keep the small groups of players or to increase the old limit. If the server is free I wonder if they will still have a timer on your characters. I lost all of my characters from being away from the game for so long :animecry:

Oh and for all of you who haven't played the Diablo series, go and play it! :animeangr
Diablo I is very dated but Diablo II should stand up to anyone as a great solid game.