OtakuBoards

Final Fantasy Ten Online Bummer

shibatku

FFXI is Played online

I don't think ffXII is i could be wrong... you may be able to

Safer? [/COLOR]

I might not be Safer, but I can tell you that FFXII will be in the same vein as previous Final Fantasies. It will be focused on a single player quest. Maybe they'll let you download a couple of quests, costumes, or items, but that's most likely as far as it will go.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crazy White Boy [/i]
[B]I might not be Safer, but I can tell you that FFXII will be in the same vein as previous Final Fantasies. It will be focused on a single player quest. Maybe they'll let you download a couple of quests, costumes, or items, but that's most likely as far as it will go. [/B][/QUOTE]

yup, basically what he said....

so far, square have not even hinted that 12 will be online, thereby leading us to believe that it will be single player, just as I had thought, however, square HAVE hinted at the fact of being able to download some stuff onto the game, what you can download however, we do not know....

[SIZE=1]If Final Fantasy XI is going to be online, then what do you think you would be able to do?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1]Well I know you could do the usual quest, but how would other people affect it. You'd have to have the ability to customise your own characters, but you'd need a keyboard to gain more flexibility. Or unless the PS2 is going to be able to have the use for a keyboard.(Sephiroth?) But either way would you be able to fight in battles with eachother?[/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Zidane [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]If Final Fantasy XI is going to be online, then what do you think you would be able to do?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1]Well I know you could do the usual quest, but how would other people affect it. You'd have to have the ability to customise your own characters, but you'd need a keyboard to gain more flexibility. Or unless the PS2 is going to be able to have the use for a keyboard.(Sephiroth?) But either way would you be able to fight in battles with eachother?[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

if you had played the dreamcasts phantasy star online, yo would have a great amount of insight into what the game would be like, basically you only use one character throughtout the entire quest, you will be able to customize them, how their face looks, hair type and colour, clothes, online you should be able to be with up to 4 people at a time during a quest, again, very much like phantasy star online, except in ff11 you will have more variety in battle commands than PSO had....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]

if you had played the dreamcasts phantasy star online, yo would have a great amount of insight into what the game would be like, basically you only use one character throughtout the entire quest, you will be able to customize them, how their face looks, hair type and colour, clothes, online you should be able to be with up to 4 people at a time during a quest, again, very much like phantasy star online, except in ff11 you will have more variety in battle commands than PSO had.... [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Make your own player? Sounds excellent... any idea when is comes out?[/SIZE]

[B]

if you had played the dreamcasts phantasy star online, yo would have a great amount of insight into what the game would be like, basically you only use one character throughtout the entire quest, you will be able to customize them, how their face looks, hair type and colour, clothes, online you should be able to be with up to 4 people at a time during a quest, again, very much like phantasy star online, except in ff11 you will have more variety in battle commands than PSO had.... [/B][/QUOTE]
[SIZE=1]Oh ok. I just dont see how the battles would work. Would it be similar to an entering a command style and then waiting for the other people to select? Customisable characters sounds like a great idea. And for talking, would you be able to enter letters to talk etc?[/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RicoTranzrig [/i]
[B]Well...you're going to need a USB keyboard if you're gonna talk...it comes out probably next year in japan since they already have a server set up for PS2s there...not sure about here in the U.S. or anywhere else though... [/B][/QUOTE]

the server has not properly been set up yet, sony are still having talks with a japanese internet company called nifty, they're looking at buying them so they can have the servers, thats in japan though, I have no idea about their plans with UK and US....

you may not need a keyboard, there will probably be a drop down keyboard option so you can use your joypad to type out the letters, just like in phantasy star online....

[B]

the server has not properly been set up yet, sony are still having talks with a japanese internet company called nifty, they're looking at buying them so they can have the servers, thats in japan though, I have no idea about their plans with UK and US....

you may not need a keyboard, there will probably be a drop down keyboard option so you can use your joypad to type out the letters, just like in phantasy star online.... [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Won't the joypad take a long time to actually select the letters... cos that'll be a bit pap... it'll take about a minute to say "Hi how are you?":p [/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by shibatku [/i]
[B]So 11 you can't play by yourself that sucks I really prefer to do it by myself so I cna say that I beat the game without help cause so people just screw around with the team.(Wonder if oyu can kick them out) [/B][/QUOTE]

that would seem likely, for the benefit of all users, again, very phantasy star online....

[SIZE=4]SHIBATKU![/SIZE] [SIZE=1]I told you it was 11 that was internet compatible not 10. El Stupdio...(Don't get mad at this post we know each other personally..and he knows i'm just playin') [/SIZE]