OtakuBoards

Signature of the Week | Discussion Thread

boothten

[quote name='jigglyness'][size=1]I don't mean to sound stupid or anything, but what exactly is [b]occult[/b]?[/size][/QUOTE]

Ya, just looked it up:sweat:

So i'm going to go with Magical?

LOOONG

[B]–adjective[/B]
1. of or pertaining to magic, astrology, or any system claiming use or knowledge of secret or supernatural powers or agencies.
2. beyond the range of ordinary knowledge or understanding; mysterious.
3. secret; disclosed or communicated only to the initiated.
4. hidden from view.
5. (in early science)
a. not apparent on mere inspection but discoverable by experimentation.
b. of a nature not understood, as physical qualities.
c. dealing with such qualities; experimental: occult science.
6. Medicine/Medical. present in amounts too small to be visible: a chemical test to detect occult blood in the stool.
[B]–noun[/B]
7. the supernatural or supernatural agencies and affairs considered as a whole (usually prec. by the).
8. occult studies or sciences (usually prec. by the).
[B]–verb (used with object)[/B]
9. to block or shut off (an object) from view; hide.
10. Astronomy. to hide (a celestial body) by occultation.
[B]–verb (used without object)[/B]
11. to become hidden or shut off from view.

[size=1]Oh, sorry. I thought that was a rather well known term and broad enough to do a lot with... Wait. Really?

Oh well, just go with [b]supernatural[/b] or things that you would think of when you think of the unholy/unlucky number [b]13[/b].[/size] :(

• 4 months later...
[size=1]I guess it's a big break the SOTW is having right now. Unlucky number 13 kind of didn't lift off, and before that we had a pretty big lack of entries anyway. I'd get it back on the road starting with week 14, but I'm not sure how popular it'll be then. I also suppose that when we start it, we might as well do it good and make it actually weekly with voting of one week and entries of the other running at the same time.

Though anyway, seeing as our art community is kind of little anyway, I personally have never been a big fan of digital artsy competitions while having nothing for the traditional artists on the side.

Besides, I was thinking of doing an arts competitions à la [b]SaiyanPrincessX's[/b] [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=23604]Imagination Contest[/url], but then the 2009 version. :P

Plus, we still have to make the sequal to [b]Dagger[/b]'s OBGT if she won't do it herself sometime in the future![/size]