The Spectacular Professor Posted July 15, 2008 Posted July 15, 2008 [FONT="Comic Sans MS"]This thread you have just stumbled upon is for the discussion of the greatest webcomic of all time: 8-Bit Theater. For those of you that have been living in a cave deep in the bowels of Venus in an alternate universe for the past few years, 8-Bit Theater is a webcomic that parodies the first Final Fantasy game and features the exploits and various shenanigans of the four Light Warriors, who are completely unqualified for all this saving the world business. The group consists of: Thief, an elven bandit with the uncanny ability to steal everything not bolted down, most of the stuff that is, and sometimes more stuff than actually exists in the area. Red Mage, a well-rounded magus who is obsessed with stats. He also crossdresses a lot and comes up with many cunning plans which really aren't at all. Black Mage, the single Light Warrior in this entire group of misfits who is actually so unqualified for the job that he actually sides with evil most of the time. In fact, the only time he's on the other four's side tends to be when it can help him gain more power to use against them later. And last but not least, Fighter. The lovable fool on the outside is pretty much the epitome of idiot savant. He can fathom things that would break Einstein's psyche, but can't seem to figure out that the word "armor" doesn't include an 'i' or an 'e'. There are other recurring characters, such as White Mage, who tolerates the group mostly because she's the only one who can fix all the crap they put humanity through in their regular "heroic" exploits, and Sarda, the wizard who did it. Oh, and there are no plot holes in 8-Bit Theater. Even if you find one that has no way around it. Just tell yourself that a wizard did it and move on. Well, there it is. As for the latest strip, Black Mage seems to have joined up with Garland's group. I don't predict that lasting very long. Once he remembers how completely un-evil Garland is, he's either gonna go thaw out the others or form an evil alliance with Evil Princess Sarah. Personally, I would find the latter hilarious. Oh, and anyone who thinks that a semi-daily comic strip doesn't have enough plot to generate discussion; read the latest Naruto chapters and then come back and explain why [B]that's[/B] still being discussed.[/FONT]
Raiha Posted July 15, 2008 Posted July 15, 2008 [COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Oh fly and sing, for Fighter is King! Actually as per my cosplay which you've all seen, I prefer White Mage. She's so patient and kind, except for the time she blasted that Creep with Holy Fire. But seriously I used to have the SwordChucks shirt back from 2006 before my ex boyfriend commandeered it into his closet. And then I saw it AGAIN on one of his friends which makes me think my shirt has changed hands again! ......grrrrr... Btu seriously I follow it religiously and prefer it to most other webcomics out there in taste of sheer genius, comedic value, and obscure philosophical reference. Oh yes and since I'm going to Comic Con in San Diego this year I get to see them and hold their hands and look them in their faces and get their autographs. SUCKERS![/FONT][/COLOR]
Drizzt Do'urden Posted September 20, 2008 Posted September 20, 2008 I just checked out the first 100 episodes of 8-bit theatre, and all I have to say is AWESOME! It's written with a fantastic grouping of characters. Anyone wanting a good laugh should def. Check it out. The best part about it is, so far at least, the episodes are short but every characer gets to show his/her full character I.E. Black Mage always does something evil, fighter says something stupid, thief tries to steal, Red mage quotes DnD or some other crazy RP adventure booklet.
Allamorph Posted September 20, 2008 Posted September 20, 2008 [FONT=Arial]At present, I am extremely curious where Brian is going with the Red Mage and the Violated Laws of Magic bit. All I can see coming is a possible un-polimorph back into the tentacle monster (the inclusion of which made me laugh quite hard), and Fighter possibly mistaking him for a creature again. Either that or White Mage shows up, makes things better, and proceeds to crush Black Mage with her pow hammer. Speaking of which, Black Mage the Inept can stew in his pink Victorian bedroom for all time, as far as I care. I am enjoying the addition of Dark Elf to the party, and he has rapidly climbed to my second favorite character position—Fighter obviously being my first, so supplanting White Mage as number two was a remarkable feat. Also, you think we're going to see any of Dragoon wandering around here soon? I kinda miss the guy.[/FONT]
Drizzt Do'urden Posted September 23, 2008 Posted September 23, 2008 That must be later on down the line, like I said I only made it through the first 100episodes, but I plan on checking out the next hundred either at work today or tommorow. I def. did NOT expect there to be that many episodes when I searched for the site.
Allamorph Posted November 6, 2008 Posted November 6, 2008 [FONT=Arial]IMMA FIRIN MAH LAZER That is all. :animesmil [B]Edit:[/B] And since Ace seems to care little about posting anymore, I'll just say here that Schroedinger's cat has nothing on Fighter.[/FONT]
The Spectacular Professor Posted November 8, 2008 Author Posted November 8, 2008 [FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Just to disprove you, I must say that I am highly impressed with Fighter's ability to accidentally bend time and space to his will. I mean, he's not even a mage.[/FONT]
Allamorph Posted February 3, 2009 Posted February 3, 2009 [FONT=Arial]Purple stuff. Also Sarda's a total jerk. Very clever of Thief to get the meddlesome group out of commission that way, though. Now we just wait for them to come back at the most inconvenient time, since that's what they're good for. And where the deuce are White Mage and Dragoon?[/FONT]
The Spectacular Professor Posted February 25, 2009 Author Posted February 25, 2009 [FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Yeah, I think that particular little stunt there just earned Sarda a position very, very close to the number one seat of all time fictional puppy-kicking bastards. More so since he did it twice in a row. And yet for some reason, it's still hilarious. And yes, we need moar White Mage soon. Dragoon can come, too, but I really wanna see White Mage. And come to think of it, what have the [I]real[/I] light warriors been up to lately? EDIT: MUFFIN! :D And those other guys, too.[/FONT]
Allamorph Posted March 8, 2009 Posted March 8, 2009 [FONT=Arial]You know, with the colored speech balloons, you'd think I'd have seen this coming. Man, poor Drizz'l can't get a break for [I]crap[/I]. But hooray for Three Mile Island scenes.[/FONT]
The Spectacular Professor Posted May 8, 2009 Author Posted May 8, 2009 [FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Well, found White Mage. [CENTER][IMG]http://www.icanhazgeekpet.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/white-mage.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] ;_;[/FONT]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now