OtakuBoards

Need some games

Magus

Ooh, Castlevania. The one series I've been trying to get my hands on for the longest. Aren't there more Castlevania games on the DS outside of that Order of Ecclesia (sp?), or am I thinking about all them GBA games? I think I might get some of those too.

I'd probably buy Professor Layton for my mom since she like a lot of brainteasers. She's into Brain Age(?). I think that's the name of it.

[quote name='Magus']Ooh, Castlevania. The one series I've been trying to get my hands on for the longest. Aren't there more Castlevania games on the DS outside of that Order of Ecclesia (sp?), or am I thinking about all them GBA games? I think I might get some of those too.
[/quote]

[color=deeppink]The one I was referring to was Dawn of Sorrow. Seems there's another one, Portrait of Ruin, but I've never played it or Order of Ecclesia so I can't really recommend them.[/color]

[SIZE="1"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"][quote name='Magus']Ooh, Castlevania. The one series I've been trying to get my hands on for the longest. Aren't there more Castlevania games on the DS outside of that Order of Ecclesia (sp?), or am I thinking about all them GBA games? I think I might get some of those too.[/QUOTE]

As far as Castlevania goes, there are two more that are on the DS, Dawn of Sorrow and Portrait of Ruin. If you decide to get all three though I'd highly recommend playing through Dawn of Sorrow and Portrait of Ruin first as Order of Ecclesia uses a different kind of fighting system (although its by far my favorite of the three.
[/FONT][/SIZE]

Will do.

How's that Zelda game? Phantom Hourglass I believe is the name. I know in the thread itself (I just skimmed it, didn't read much.) I kept seeing something about some new way to control Link. (Stylus control? O_o) I'm not much of a fan of touch screen just yet. (I'm boring) Is that the only way you can control him?

• 1 year later...
[font=franklin gothic medium][color=green]Ok, OB. I am having a hard time deciding what I want to get.

Final Fantasy XII
Suikoden 5
Zelda: Twilight Princess (Gamecube)

Those are the games I'm having a hard time deciding between. One hand I'm leaning towards FFXII because it's the cheapest of the three. (I'd be able to get another game with it) On the other, Suikoden 5 and TP are games I really want to try out. Yeah, I'm stuck here. Hardest choice I've ever had to make when it comes to games.[/font][/color]

[quote name='Magus'][font=franklin gothic medium][color=green]Ok, OB. I am having a hard time deciding what I want to get.

Final Fantasy XII
Suikoden 5
Zelda: Twilight Princess (Gamecube)

Those are the games I'm having a hard time deciding between. One hand I'm leaning towards FFXII because it's the cheapest of the three. (I'd be able to get another game with it) On the other, Suikoden 5 and TP are games I really want to try out. Yeah, I'm stuck here. Hardest choice I've ever had to make when it comes to games.[/font][/color][/QUOTE]

If you ask me, FF 12 was rather dull.

Suikoden 5 is pretty awesome and worth the money, I'd rank it in my top ten RPG's of all time. It starts off slowly but once it picks up the pace it has a very interesting storyline.

I can't speak for Twilight Princess as I haven't played it yet.

[quote name='Celsi_Wish']I'd suggest you play Mass Effect 2, if you haven't already. Even if you didn't play the first one... this game blew my frigging mind right out of the water.

I almost cried from awesome at the end.

Gahh.[/QUOTE]

[font=franklin gothic medium][color=green]That's not exactly what I'm looking for at the moment, but thanks.

Still quite the hard choice for me at the moment. The more I think about it, the more I lean towards Twilight Princess.[/font][/color]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Navy"]I'd say if you want a good, deep RPG experience, then you have a choice between Twilight Princess and Suikoden 5. I recommend both games. But FFXII bored me to tears. And that's why I'm glad I rented it.

Also, don't believe Ondore's lies.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[font=franklin gothic medium][color=green]I decided to go with Twilight Princess for the time being.[/font][/color]

Decided to bring this up once more, this time for Ps3 games. I can't say for sure but hopefully I'll be getting a ps3 between now and christmas. I already have a list of games I'm gonna get once I get the system (and money) and I'll probably end up covering just about everything I want to play / try out.

Metal Gear Solid 4
Uncharted 1 & 2
Batman Arkham Asylum
Devil May Cry 4
Bayonetta
Final Fantasy 13
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1 & 2
Super Street Fighter 4
God of War 3

That's about all I can think of at the moment. GTA4, Rachet and Clank, and Little Black Planet are games I have no interest in for the time being.

Anything else?

• 7 months later...
are there any good games coming out for christmas?
not that i ever buy a game when its new (other than pokemon.... i needed that freaken bird toy)

oh, but i will be getting rockband for my cousins. they all live in the same house so i can combine their gifts.

[font="Palatino Linotype"]One game I'm really looking forward to - and I hope it lives up to the hype - is Homefront. I've only read the one article about it so far though, haha. But it looks fantastic. As far as I know it's coming out on PS3 and Xbox 360 as well as PC.

It's basically a FPS involving a North Korean invasion of America. Surely that's got to be good. :P[/font]

I didn't even notice James, thanks. (kinda gotten used to double posting quite a bit "coughs")

As for Homefront, I'm looking at this E3 video of it, and it looks Call of Duty-ish. Not saying that's a good or bad thing since I've never played any of the games (I'm picky when it comes to FPS for some reason, like I'll only play 1 specific game and leave the rest alone since they all seem and feel so similar... Obviously, you can tell I don't have much experience with other games of the genre outside of Halo lol). It does look like an interesting game though.

CaNz, I haven't even heard much about any games being released (none worth mentioning at least) which is surprising since this is usually the time for great games to come out. I guess it's because all the focus has been on Black Ops and Kinect, I think.

• 6 months later...
Alright my portable gaming people. I'm in need of some more assistance but this time it's for the PSP (Grown tired of the DS. Not like I had anything on it to begin with). I know for sure that I will be getting my hands on:

Metal Gear Solid: Peacewalker
God of War: Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparda
Persona 3 Portable
Persona 1 & 2
Dissida Final Fantasy and it's sequel
BlazBlue (possibly)

That's about all I can think of off the top of my head.

Like other recs, no Little Black Planet, No GTA, No racing, no S/TRPGs, no music

[quote name='Magus' timestamp='1308261740' post='707995']

Like other recs, no Little Black Planet, No GTA, No racing, no S/TRPGs, no music
[/quote]

[font=palatino linotype]Heh, cutting out all of those styles of games makes it a bit difficult to give recommendations at times. Would you ever attempt to play a game that sits in a genre you don't normally play?

I only just got a PSP for my birthday last year and I have a few games on it, but honestly...it's been collecting dust. I tried playing Resistance, but it doesn't feel right without dual analog control (or at least, they way they have implemented it on PSP doesn't feel quite right).

Wipeout Pure is awesome, but that's a racing game. Well, of sorts.

Um... I also really love Loco-Roco, but that might be a bit too far outside your sphere. It's very simple (deceptively so) and incredibly creative. In some respects it reminds me of Katamari Damacy, in the sense that it relies on ridiculously simple mechanics and yet is still incredibly addictive.[/font]

[quote name='James' timestamp='1308266675' post='707996']
[font=palatino linotype]Heh, cutting out all of those styles of games makes it a bit difficult to give recommendations at times. Would you ever attempt to play a game that sits in a genre you don't normally play?[/font]
[/quote]

Yessir, depends on what you're suggesting though. I have been thinking about trying out S/TRPGs lately, and then there's the whole Yu-Gi-Oh thing that I usually don't play but find it quite addicting (I just ordered one of them games for the PSP)

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Magus' timestamp='1308295601' post='707998']
Yessir, depends on what you're suggesting though. I have been thinking about trying out S/TRPGs lately, and then there's the whole Yu-Gi-Oh thing that I usually don't play but find it quite addicting (I just ordered one of them games for the PSP)
[/quote]

[font=palatino linotype]Well, I notice that you mentioned FPS games earlier - I'm kind of with you in the sense that I try a few and there are only a couple of series I actually stick with.

But one series I quite like are the Battlefield: Bad Company games. Bad Company 2, in particular, is a really solid title.

At first I didn't think I'd really like the Bad Company games because they are sort of farcical in terms of plot. But as you go on and begin to get to know the characters, you can't help but become attached to them. I would have to say that the Bad Company games are among my favourite FPS games generally I think.

It's worth playing both of them, but Bad Company 2 is my favourite - the gameplay is even better than the original and the graphics are absolutely stunning. I really love the destructible environments as well. They aren't just cosmetic, too; they really bring a layer of added strategy to the game. Bad Company 2 seems to be a bit more varied in terms of locales as well, which is an advantage compared to the original game.

So yeah, if you are looking for an FPS that's a little bit different from the norm, then I do recommend the Bad Company games. Great production values combined with really strong gameplay and a pretty funny story/characters.[/font]