OtakuBoards

Twilight

Mewmewlover55

Hey guys :)

So the movie for the AMAZING book Twilight, by Stephenie Meyer, is coming out 12/12/08. I don't know about you hardcore fans but I cannot wait!!!!

I dont know if there's a thread for this movie yet... so why not make one :)

I'm curious about your opinions on the cast that was chosen. You guys can choose any character you want but I'm just going to put in my opinion on Edward and Bella:

1. Robert Pattinson is going to be playing Edward and in my opinion from watching interviews he's perfect for the part. He looks like how I have imagined Edward plus he's totally cute :animeswea Also I heard that he studied his character from Stephenie's book that's in Edward's perspective. I feel like he has a great understanding for his character. Even though he's much older than 17 I think that he's going to pull off the part really really well :).

2. Kristen Stewart is giong to be playing Bella and she looks like she fits the part but personally, she's very dull in interviews so I'm a little scared as to how she's going to pull it off. I dont know how she acts, i havn't seen her in any movies yet (I know she's been in some). From what i've seen her voice seems really deap to play Bella. Thats just my opinion. She looks great for the part, I just hope she pulls it off well.
(dont want to bash her, just my opinion XD)
~~

So what do you guys think about the cast?! :D

~Rachel

[SIZE="1"]Eh, I've been debating the movie for quite some time, but in my opinion, it can't be as bad as the book. (Yes, I'm one of the Twilight haters, but that's another story)

As far as actors go, Pattinson and Stewart are two of my favorite. Of course, I've only seen Pattinson in HP4, but he played the part very well and I don't expect him to do any worse here.
Unfortunately for Kristen, I feel that she's been scrutinized so much because of the way she looks. (Which let's face it, she's not half-bad) I don't think Meyer really described any of her characters physical appearance to the point of such anger at Stewart's casting. From what I can tell, Bella is supposed to be pretty, but just average... And with the way I've seen Kristen (behind the scenes/interviews) portray and interact with Robert as her character, I'm pretty sure she'll do fine. A lot of movie critics have said that she really blossomed in [I]Into the Wild[/I], despite how short of a role it was, and I can't agree more.

As far as unhappy casting: Emmett, Rosalie, Laurent, and Victoria. This has nothing to do with acting ability. It's just that I feel as far as physical aspects go, I figured Emmett would be buffer, Rosalie would be prettier, Laurent would be white, (I know, that sounds bad, but it wasn't meant to be. Again this refers to Meyer's bad writing for leaving that detail out of the book, throwing a lot of fans off) and Victoria would be more feral. (and have redder hair) But again, these are relatively new actors so I can't really say anything bad against their ability to play the part. They might just blow me away when I see it.

The other characters, I have no problem with, but that's because I don't really care about their casting. I've only read the first book and characters like Jasper, Jacob, Carlisle, Esme, and the humans don't have as big a role as the aforementioned until later books. So, when the time comes to actually judge them, I will do so.[/SIZE]

[font=trebuchet ms] I remember when there was a random craze by fans to get Gaspard Ulliel and Bella as some other actress whose name I forget.

I'm planning on reading the books, not for any expectation of quality but because of the lulz I have gotten from reading random excerpts and the many hilarious blog posts about the series. And afterward, I'm all for the movie.[/font]

I would like to see the movie to compare it to the books. At first when I heard about the movie I thought it was to early for there to be one. On top of that I to found that some of the detail is lacking in the books when describing the characters. With the actors chosen I can't complain to much for some of them fit the role and were some what like the characters. Being that there is less detail in the book it makes me wonder how the movie will fill in whats missing.

Having Robert Pattinson play as Edward didn't match what I thought Edward should be. Once I saw the trailers I thought it can't be that bad. I actually thought the trailers was pretty clean and put together. You also can get a idea of what the movie is about without having to read the book in advance.

Honestly, I think it's hilarious for anyone to be actually chosen to play Edward, considering how many pages total must have been spent describing how perfectly beautiful he's supposed to be. Or at the very least it must be a pretty serious ego trip for Pattinson.

I'm not particularly looking forward to the movie on the basis that I didn't like the book that much, but it seems like the sort of thing that I'll get dragged out to see at some point. I'm just not really positive that there's anything that will benefit from the transfer to the screen. Especially since the book is written in first person. I think it'll be too hard for them to capture what Bella is thinking, which will take away a lot of the value that the book held for me. Then again, the entire thing may be worth watching just for the vampire fight scenes. Only time will tell.

[quote name='Darren'][SIZE="1"]Eh, I've been debating the movie for quite some time, but in my opinion, it can't be as bad as the book. (Yes, I'm one of the Twilight haters, but that's another story)

As far as actors go, Pattinson and Stewart are two of my favorite. Of course, I've only seen Pattinson in HP4, but he played the part very well and I don't expect him to do any worse here.
Unfortunately for Kristen, I feel that she's been scrutinized so much because of the way she looks. (Which let's face it, she's not half-bad) I don't think Meyer really described any of her characters physical appearance to the point of such anger at Stewart's casting. From what I can tell, Bella is supposed to be pretty, but just average...
As far as unhappy casting: Emmett, Rosalie, Laurent, and Victoria. This has nothing to do with acting ability. It's just that I feel as far as physical aspects go, I figured Emmett would be buffer, Rosalie would be prettier, Laurent would be white, (I know, that sounds bad, but it wasn't meant to be. Again this refers to Meyer's bad writing for leaving that detail out of the book...[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Aw I'm sorry you didn't like the book... Lots of people say it's like a chick book lol. So maybe thats why?
But I do agree that Stephenie left out a lot of details on the character's physical appearence. Laurent and Victoria didn't look at all like I thought they would be. But i do agree with you on most parts. I hope they pull it off. I wish I saw Pattinson in HP4.... >_>:animeswea

[quote name='Lunox'][font=trebuchet ms] I remember when there was a random craze by fans to get Gaspard Ulliel and Bella as some other actress whose name I forget.[/font][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][IMG]http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd177/nilsnectar/gaspardforedward.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
[FONT="Arial"]
I made that before the real casting was done, haha. I really thought he'd be the perfect Edward, physically, but honestly now I think Robert Pattinson was the best choice in that department.

I don't like how he speaks as Edward, though. I know he has an accent that has has to mask, but I always pictured Edward to speak very very clearly. He seems to mumble a little in the trailer.

Bella's fine, physically (I used to find her too attractive to play someone constantly described as "plain," but it's not such a big deal anymore) but I also have a problem with her voice. I may not be remembering this correctly but I'm pretty sure Bella was a bit on the petite side, and Kristen's speaking voice just doesn't strike me as such.

I'm over it, though, haha. I'm excited for the movie a whole lot.[/FONT]

[quote name='Mewmewlover55']Aw I'm sorry you didn't like the book... Lots of people say it's like a chick book lol. So maybe thats why?
But I do agree that Stephenie left out a lot of details on the character's physical appearence. Laurent and Victoria didn't look at all like I thought they would be. But i do agree with you on most parts. I hope they pull it off. I wish I saw Pattinson in HP4.... >_>:animeswea[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Oh no, I've read plenty of "Chick books," I guess if you want to call it that. And the parts where she was overly obsessed with Edward didn't annoy me at all. (I had to put myself in that position and think that I would probably do the same if I saw a group of mysterious and beautiful people who never interacted with anyone)

I think there are two main things that destroyed the book for me.
1) I love vampires, and while every author has their own creative view to express, I personally despise what Meyer did to the vampire mythology. (Anne Rice all the way!!!)
2) I'm just really cynical. I want to be an author eventually. And I'm not going to say that I'm better than Meyer, but I just get very picky about books. I've read a completely boring and pointless book before that kept my attention just because of the detail. Meyer was on the opposite side of the spectrum. She had a potentially great story (well, to some, it's already a great story) and I think she ruined it. besides the lack of description (I pictured a buff, pale guy with body glitter when she described Edward in the sunlight. LOLZ) there was no real plot devices. It was just Bella being nosy, trying to figure out what Edward was and Edward being nosy because he can't read her thoughts. It was all go here, examine here, meet here, and then bad guys come, kill them, move on... *yawn* The most exciting part was when I found out James was responsible for turning Alice... But then they killed him. It's like the one twist the book had was smothered before it had a chance to turn into something really interesting. (And I don't know, maybe they covered that in more detail in the other books, but I didn't care at that point)

For that reason, I actually think the movie will be better. One of my best friends is a total Twilight freak, (she's read all of them like 6 times, owns a bunch of shirts, etc.) and she's already upset because, from the behind-the-scenes stuff, she says there's going to be a lot of inconsistencies with the book. And personally, I'm happy with that! At least Melissa Rosenberg knows how to write something interesting and I hope she was able to develop some sort of plot out of the fat pile of nothing Meyer gave her. (Rosenberg wrote the screenplay, in case you were wondering)

And you really should watch Pattinson in HP4. And you might want to pick up Into the Wild, so you can see Stewart. Even though her role in that movie is short, you can really tell that she's got talent from that movie.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Darren'][SIZE="1"]1) I love vampires, and while every author has their own creative view to express, I personally despise what Meyer did to the vampire mythology. (Anne Rice all the way!!!)
2) (I pictured a buff, pale guy with body glitter when she described Edward in the sunlight. LOLZ) It was all go here, examine here, meet here, and then bad guys come, kill them, move on... *yawn* The most exciting part was when I found out James was responsible for turning Alice... But then they killed him. It's like the one twist the book had was smothered before it had a chance to turn into something really interesting.
And you really should watch Pattinson in HP4. And you might want to pick up Into the Wild, so you can see Stewart. Even though her role in that movie is short, you can really tell that she's got talent from that movie.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

My friend said that Anne Rice was an amazing author :) I saw some of her books in barnes and noble, but I didn't have money to buy them :animeswea

OMG I AGREE! That's kinda how i pictured Edward as well. In an interview he said that for the part I needed to get a six pack... that didn't happen XD... :animeswea
yea... that did not happen, but oh well. I hope they add some effects in the movie to give him that glittery effect.

Ah yes, I agree. Finding that info out about Alice was definitly interesting and it kinda sucked that James had to die, but then again it did lead to Victoria going after Bella... etc.

Yea i neeeed to see the 4th harry potter movie... I'm so far behind... Sounds good I think i'll look for that movie also, I really wanna see how Stewart acts.

btw, best of luck with becoming an author THATS AWESOME!:animesmil

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]To be honest, I haven't really looked all too much into the movie, but I do enjoy the books so far (I've only read the first 2, I'm waiting for my girlfriends mom to finish the 3rd). I would definatly have to agree with Darren that Anne Rice's are still my favorite vampire stories.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]Although I did find Stefanie Meyer's twist on the mythology to be interesting and unique which I liked but you are right the books are lacking in alot of detail, except for Edward.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]As far as the casting goes, the only one I really know about is Robert Pattinson, and I do think he fits the role pretty well, my girlfriend thinks otherwise though lol. It will be interesting to see though, it's always interesting when they make movies into books, sometimes the movies having their own story entirly, so we'll see what happens I suppose.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Veritas'][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]To be honest, I haven't really looked all too much into the movie, but I do enjoy the books so far (I've only read the first 2, I'm waiting for my girlfriends mom to finish the 3rd). I would definatly have to agree with Darren that Anne Rice's are still my favorite vampire stories.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]Although I did find Stefanie Meyer's twist on the mythology to be interesting and unique which I liked but you are right the books are lacking in alot of detail, except for Edward.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][/FONT]
[/QUOTE]

Now I really wanna read some Anne Rice books lol. :animeswea
I'm just starting the third one, hopefully it's more interesting than the 2nd one XD... I dont know, I kinda thought the second book was boring. Maybe thats because I dont like Jacob Black as much as Edward? hehe:animeswea