OtakuBoards

Chaos;Head

Dagger

Firstly I must say that Taku really got on my nerves in this episode. I don't have any idea why but he just really seemed to irritate me. Maybe it's just his over the top self-defeatist atittude.

Secondly I want to refute your first point Shinmaru. The detective is not in fact a [spoiler]Giglomaniac. This is simply because he can't see the sword until Sena real-boots it, at the same time when she disappears after destroying the Nozomi technology he is unable to see her leave.[/spoiler]

You've covered most of my points Shin but I'm really wondering about Rimi. [spoiler] We still don't know what he relationship with Shogun is or to that extent why she is hanging out with Taku. However I do suspect she has some sort of feelings for both Shogun and Taku. You could tell she was trying to hide something when she suggested she termintes Taku.[/spoiler]

My other query is about Taku's [spoiler] and to the extent of the ending Nanami's relationship to Norose. He knew Taku's name without i even being mentioned in front of him and at the end he says "I never suspected that you were a Giglomaniac." There is definitely something a lot deeper there. I can kinda confirm that the one held is Nanami simply because I've seen pics with her on that sword. I hope they save her soon because I feel sorry for her being a test subject for that bastard Norose.[/spoiler]

I've noticed a couple of what I think are pics from the CG set of Chaos; Head going around and there's one particular image that has me kinda disturbed and worried about the series. I was searching for chaos;Head wallpapers at the time. [spoiler] This pic is of Nanami hugging her Di-sword but her right hand seems to have been cut off. I'm so hoping this doesn't happen in the series but with the way things are progressing I can see that it might actually happen.[/spoiler]

[quote name='Meggido'] [spoiler] This pic is of Nanami hugging her Di-sword but her right hand seems to have been cut off. I'm so hoping this doesn't happen in the series but with the way things are progressing I can see that it might actually happen.[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"][spoiler]I saw that too...however, I coulda swore it was Yua. Though I might be wrong.[/spoiler][/SIZE]

[quote name='Meggido']Secondly I want to refute your first point Shinmaru. The detective is not in fact a [spoiler]Giglomaniac. This is simply because he can't see the sword until Sena real-boots it, at the same time when she disappears after destroying the Nozomi technology he is unable to see her leave.[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

That makes sense. Consider my point refuted, haha.

[quote name='Dagger']Does anyone else think that the ED song is a little out of sync with the series mood? While the lyrics could fit I find the tune catchy but a bit out there for the show.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, very catchy indeed... The song jumped in my head as soon as I read this part... *shakes fist*

I'm a little late in joining this thread, so nothing much I can toss in.

Firstly I must say [spoiler]God damn I want them to hurry up and save Nanami. However the trailer for next week suggests that they don't have to. I'm not sure but speculation on my behalf suggests she may be released so N.O.Z.O.M.I. can try and get their hands on Taku.[/spoiler]

Secondly lets move onto this ep. Lots of revelations for Taku, as well as for the audience. [spoiler]He finally discovers Rimi is a giglomaniac and to an extent what involvement he has. I'm sure that equation hasn't appeared yet in the series but it forms such a core basis now. I wonder how N.O.Z.O.M.I. got their hands on it. It's also interesting that Sena and the ending suggests that with the creation of that equation the world split down two or more paths (reminds me of Chrono Cross)[/spoiler]

Also a couple more revelations about Sena and Ayase. [spoiler] Ayase torture at the hands of N.O.Z.O.M.I. (speculation on my behalf) suggests that maybe Nanami has been put through something similar all so they can get data. I'm also not sure which 5 they've got data from. While Taku is definite for being one they haven't analyzed I believe Yua might be the other one they haven't obtained data from. I first thought Rimi or Kozue but then it sort of clicked since Yua seems to be flying under the radar.

The other thing is that I never suspected that Sena's father was the guy with the end of the world sign. It sure makes things a little more interesting though. Will Sena get her revenge?[/spoiler]

The final thing is the revelation at the end [spoiler] Shogun and Taku are one and the same? O.o That was a surprise and I assume that comes from the divergent paths in time. At the same time It explains why Rimi is so attached to Taku and to Shogun. They are the same person so her feelings reflect on both. However I wonder what she means when she says worse things will come if he awakens. While she doesn't want Taku to awaken, Shogun wants him to. This also opens more questions about how Taku is involved with the New Gen murders. Is Yua's original analysis in ep 2 correct?[/spoiler]

On a final note does anyone know if it's possible to get the phantasm songs from ep3? I found the 2 from the game but they're completely different to the ones in the anime. I just loved the sound and want to get a hold of them.

[quote name='Meggido']Firstly I must say [spoiler]God damn I want them to hurry up and save Nanami. However the trailer for next week suggests that they don't have to. I'm not sure but speculation on my behalf suggests she may be released so N.O.Z.O.M.I. can try and get their hands on Taku.[/spoiler][/quote]

I agree with this. There's no way [spoiler]Takumi rescues Nanami -- he'd go to pieces. Either Nanami is superpowered enough to escape, or NOZOMI has something up its sleeve and allows her to leave (the latter is more likely, I think).[/spoiler]

[quote]Secondly lets move onto this ep. Lots of revelations for Taku, as well as for the audience. [spoiler]He finally discovers Rimi is a giglomaniac and to an extent what involvement he has. I'm sure that equation hasn't appeared yet in the series but it forms such a core basis now. I wonder how N.O.Z.O.M.I. got their hands on it. It's also interesting that Sena and the ending suggests that with the creation of that equation the world split down two or more paths (reminds me of Chrono Cross)[/spoiler][/quote]

At least this episode has made Rimi's motivations [i]slightly[/i] clearer. I am a bit more convinced than I was before that [spoiler]she really is on Takumi's side, and by extension, I am also a bit more convinced that Shogun is on Takumi's side (although the ending helped with that as well, haha). Clearly there are conflicts between her and the other Gigalomaniacs -- she seems to get along with Kozue, but she's at odds with Sena (who is probably more concerned about revenge than saving the world at the moment) and Ayase (for reasons unknown). I'm not [i]completely[/i] sure that Rimi is on the side of good for those reasons, but then again, those same suspicions could be turned upon everyone else.[/spoiler]

[quote]Also a couple more revelations about Sena and Ayase. [spoiler] Ayase torture at the hands of N.O.Z.O.M.I. (speculation on my behalf) suggests that maybe Nanami has been put through something similar all so they can get data. I'm also not sure which 5 they've got data from. While Taku is definite for being one they haven't analyzed I believe Yua might be the other one they haven't obtained data from. I first thought Rimi or Kozue but then it sort of clicked since Yua seems to be flying under the radar.[/spoiler][/quote]

It's definitely either [spoiler]Rimi or Yua who NOZOMI has not sampled. I'll actually agree with you and say it's Yua who NOZOMI has not caught yet; I don't think she'd suspect Takumi quite so heavily if she knew of NOZOMI's existence.[/spoiler]

[quote]The final thing is the revelation at the end [spoiler] Shogun and Taku are one and the same? O.o That was a surprise and I assume that comes from the divergent paths in time. At the same time It explains why Rimi is so attached to Taku and to Shogun. They are the same person so her feelings reflect on both. However I wonder what she means when she says worse things will come if he awakens. While she doesn't want Taku to awaken, Shogun wants him to. This also opens more questions about how Taku is involved with the New Gen murders. Is Yua's original analysis in ep 2 correct?[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

That is pretty crazy. Also, [spoiler]the nurse is really creepy in that scene. Her muttering about the Church of Divine Light has me convinced she's a NOZOMI plant. But back to Takumi and Shogun ... if they are indeed from divergent timelines, then I wonder how Shogun was able to travel to Takumi's timeline? He caused that weird alternate dimension time thing a while ago with Takumi, so he's obviously more powerful than he appears.

Maybe part of why Shogun wants Takumi's powers to awaken is that he thinks what happens to Takumi won't be the same as what happened to him. Divergent timelines = different people. Perhaps Shogun thinks that where he (presumably) failed, Takumi may be able to succeed.[/spoiler]

EDIT: Random thing. Now that we know [spoiler]Rimi is a Gigalomaniac, what do you think of her relationship with Takumi? She could have easily created a delusion to fool Takumi and what's his face that they have been friends forever (pretty much everything the series has shown us implies this is the case). She still feels close to Takumi, clearly, but while Takumi is grateful Rimi stuck with him, there might be a sense of betrayal once everything sinks in.[/spoiler]

[quote name='Shinmaru']
That is pretty crazy. Also, [spoiler]the nurse is really creepy in that scene. Her muttering about the Church of Divine Light has me convinced she's a NOZOMI plant. [/spoiler]
[/quote]

I haven't had the time to review the previous episodes yet, but [spoiler] is this the same nurse that tended to Takumi when he submitted himself for study? And also, if Shogun really is behind the New Gen Murders, wasn't the doctor that studied Taku became a New Gen Murder? Is there a possibility that he was killed because he studied Taku?[/spoiler]

[quote name='Shinmaru']
[spoiler]
Maybe part of why Shogun wants Takumi's powers to awaken is that he thinks what happens to Takumi won't be the same as what happened to him. Divergent timelines = different people. Perhaps Shogun thinks that where he (presumably) failed, Takumi may be able to succeed.[/spoiler]
[/quote]

This is also a possibility, and I have been thinking about it as well.

[quote name='Shinmaru']
EDIT: Random thing. Now that we know [spoiler]Rimi is a Gigalomaniac, what do you think of her relationship with Takumi? She could have easily created a delusion to fool Takumi and what's his face that they have been friends forever (pretty much everything the series has shown us implies this is the case). She still feels close to Takumi, clearly, but while Takumi is grateful Rimi stuck with him, there might be a sense of betrayal once everything sinks in.[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

Taku [spoiler] being the delusional fool that he is, might have some recurrent thoughts about why he did not trust Rimi in the first place... He might have doubts as to why she is protecting him. I don't know what these will drive Taku into...[/spoiler]

[SIZE="1"]Just watched episode 10, and wow. A crapton of things have suddenly come to light.

First, we have [spoiler]the revelation that Takumi is a delusion...created by the [i]actual[/i] Takumi? Which would also mean that his family is also a delusion...though the preview for the next ep has Nanami hugging Shogun, which just seems to further prove the fact that the real Takumi is indeed him.[/spoiler] But we already knew that. Right? :animesmil

Second is that, apparently, [spoiler]Yua is actually masquerading around as her sister, and she's the one that killed her to begin with?[/spoiler] I actually found that bit amusing, since it reminded me of [spoiler]a Phoenix Wright case...[/spoiler]

Thirdly, [spoiler]Nanami is a Giaglomaniac! And her hand seems to have gone missing: the one she wears her bangle on. Though I think it's noteworthy that I've seen some shots from the game in which Nanami's hand was actually [i]chopped off[/i], so either it was a TV edit [which seems moot, given the naked!Rimi shown just a few minutes later] or a deviation from the actual game.[/spoiler]

We also have [spoiler]the identity of Grim, Takumi's internet friend, revealed. It's the nurse from the hospital! And given her previous actions...hm.[/spoiler]

Lastly, we have [spoiler]the detectives colleague [whose name escapes me at the moment] turn on him and shoot him, as well as muttering something about The Church of Divine Light. Another NOZOMI pawn?[/spoiler]

It's getting down to the wire here...we only have two episodes left. Next episode seems to promise more explanations as well.

Addendum: Something I noticed. [spoiler]The head of NOZOMI [whose name also escapes me...] mentions that, the last time he and Rimi met, it was a year and a half prior. This also matches with Takumi's actual age, which was mentioned in the episode. Makes one wonder...[/spoiler][/SIZE]

Sangome has mentioned most of the major points but I may as well cover some aspects. [spoiler]Noah II has become operational which could mean two things. Either they gathered the data they needed from Yua and Taku or they've started early. I wouldn't be surprised if the scene with Yua and Mia (who turns out to be one of N.O.Z.O.M.I.'s henchmen) was really just to unlock her power and to gain data on her. The guy says himself that they never mentioned she was a giglomaniac which means they'd been watching her even if just for a little bit. It also wouldn't surprise me if the scene between Taku and delusion Nanami was something set up by N.O.Z.O.M.I. as well. On another note it could be a delusion set up by Shogun to get Taku out.[/spoiler]

Onto Nanami however. [spoiler]It seems like a partial deviation from the pics I've seen of the game. (may I also say this is confirmed in the episode preview for 11) Rather than having her hand dismembered from her body it appears rather that through a delusion created by Noah II she believe that her hand has been cut off. The preview of episode 11 shows her hugging Shogun (Taku) with her hand still in tact and with her precious bangle.[/spoiler]

I'm not really surprised [spoiler]that Suwa was a member of the church of the Divine Light or whatever it's called after ep 9. Once we discovered the nurse was one of them the opening where the two of them are shown together sort of made me believe that Suwa was in the same boat.[/spoiler]

I'm just going to start theorizing here. [spoiler]Rimi mentioned that everytime Taku has a delusion it is killing the real Takumi (Shogun). That explains the dried husk that Shogun is. But is it not possible that every time Taku has a delusion he is absorbing a part of Shogun into himself. He stated himself that he has all his childhood memories and his memories of his time with Nanami. Is it possible that his delusions are not just killing Shogun but drawing these memories and such into himself. In this way by the end of the series (or by Shogun's death) that will leave Taku as the real Takumi. This is leaving me with two possible endings. The first ending is what was shown right at the start of episode 1 with Rimi killing Taku, basically fulfilling her warning that she may have to kill him if he keeps having delusions. This seems a bit hard to accept right now though as she wants to do it to save Shogun as well as Taku, but from game pics he awakens which has been hinted at will kill Shogun. The second ending is just something that I'm unable to consider right now. I doubt it would be a sort of happy ending though as this anime screams complex, emotional ending all the way.[/spoiler]

end my crazy messed up theories. XD