OtakuBoards

Band of Seven: Awakening

Drizzt Do'urden

A master...of illusions...

Natsu began to ponder deeply on this. Thinking back to a time he had to murder several shinobi who were slight masters of illusionary tactics. He remembered that they were always concealed, far from the battle. Always watching your every move and preparing their next trap.

...knowledge of the land...will help most in this battle...

Natsu recalled how he killed them. By filling the villages' sky with his needles. It wasn't a very humane way because the village itself became a casualty, but the point of the mission was to kill the shinobi which was done within seconds after the silvery-black rain fell. Natsu tried to call upon that same strength, but to no avail. He too still wasn't at full power.

"...this will be...a nice fight..." Natsu said to everyone.

Maia stood upon the firey chariot next to Acolyte. He noted the chidlike way she waved to everyone, it was amazing to see such a powerful warrior be so innocent and childlike.

"Do not fear Maia, you will be reunited with them soon. Hopefully with another ally." She looked at him, showing no emotion whatsoever. For the first time in his long life, Acolyte doubted himself. He thought a childs mind would be crushed by the demon's skill in illusionary tacticts, instead though, losing this girl could bring about the death of them.

"Nonesense" He said allowed. "What's nonesense?" Maia's voice broke his concentration. "Sorry, I'm not used to having a traveling companion. Usually I'm alone."

"When we get to this villiage it will be up to you. I'm going to sit outside while you find your uncle. Tell him of me, what I can do to you, and have him meet me outside the villiage gates. Oh and one more thing, ask him about the body of your last team member."

"Last member? That would be crazy, we were all killed at the same time."

"I said it was a rumor. It was hard for me to remember for sure when you were killed, I was too young however and can't recall....There is the wolf demon tribe there."

Maia's eyes scanned the villiage as they flew over it, "I..I don't recognize any of it." The look of confusion turned into an honest look of fear, "You've been gone for over a hundred years Maia. Things have changed all over the world. Though he looks older, your uncle is still there. Just make sure not to draw too much attention to yourself, he's not the only one who remembers the band of seven. If you get in too much trouble, I'll be watching and will be there to help." It was odd, Maia brought out a side of him that he never new existed.

Or maybe it was the fear of what Sasuki would do to him if something happened to Maia, it mattered not. He would shadow her, more than anything to keep her safe.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Acolyte never realized how much the world had changed in the past hundred years, at least not until Maia pointed it out. He knew then it was time for Tai-Goru to start earning his freedom. You see 20 years ago, Tai-Goru was maimed in a battle with the acolyte. His whole villiage of Frog demons was killed. Before the Acolyte dropped the killling blow, Tai-Goru offered up 100 years of service for sparing his life.

Though Merciless, the thought of having a 'manservent' for a hundred years thrilled the Alcolyte. He granted the, now, one legged the priviledge of being his new servent. Though by the end, he was sure Tai-Goru would have rather been slain with his family.

[I]Tai-Goru, It is time. Take the chariot and meet the Band of Seven in the cave. [/I]

[I]Boss....Where are you I can't see you?[/I]

[I]For the last time stop calling me boss, and you know that I'm using telepathy you nit-wit. Now get moving, I want the band on the road east in the next half hour.[/I] Acolyte closed their mindlink, and his eyes as they landed. A lot rested on the shoulders of the youngest member of the Band of Seven, a lot more than any of the others new right now.

OOC: It's not much, but at least we finally left.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sasuki quickly stood up as the chariot stopped infront of the cave. Walking out she approached the new man cautiously. "Who are you?"

The man looked at her with non-emotional eyes, " I'm here to take you to the garden."

Sasuki smiled and jumped in, sitting next to him. " Get your corpsy ass's out here! Let's get this over with!" Stretching out comfortably, she closed her eyes and tried to fall asleep, but listening to her teammates argue was very distacting. Unfortunetly, the chariot wasn't verey large. "Hey Natsu, shut them the hell up!" It was deffinately going to be a long trip.

Natsu gave a small smile to Sasuki refreshed a bit by her usual attitude.
"...it is nice...to once again fight along side you all..." Natsu said with a chuckle. Everyone looked at Natsu shocked and bewildered. They all knew that Natsu was never really one to talk much, let alone say something nice.
"What the hell has got into you Natsu!" Sasuki said waving her sword in the air.
Natsu just looked at her. No clear emotion on his face.
"...Sasuki...I'm pretty sure...everyone feels the same way..." Natsu said laughing.

[COLOR=Purple][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Maia walked into the village. Surprised by the change.

"The village has changed so much... I wonder if I can still recognize my uncle..."

She wandered around, looking at all the wolf demons, whispering to one another, "Is that one of the Band?", "What is a half-breed doing here?", and "Maybe she's after the blade in the tree..."

"Uncle Ibiki? Where are you?" Maia called out. Then the village's leader walked up to her.

"Ibiki? You mean the one who is the last known relative of Maia of the Band of Seven?"

"That is correct."

"Very well. I am Chief Tsuki Ookami. I shall take you to Ibiki Ookami."

She followed Tsuki to her uncle's home. He had gotten remarried since her death.

"Ibiki! This is Chief Tsuki! You have a visitor!"

Maia walked in the house. She saw a woman with her uncle that she didn't know.

"Uncle Ibiki!"

"Maia?!"

"It's so great to see you, Uncle Ibiki!"

"Maia... It's been so long... what are you doing here? I thought they killed you."

"I was revived. Let's go into the bedroom. I'll explain everything."

[/FONT][/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=Purple][FONT=Comic Sans MS] ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[/FONT][/COLOR][LEFT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Purple]"I see. I'll speak with the Chief. I'll make sure you and the Acolyte get the help you need."

"Thanks, Uncle Ibiki..."

"Oh yeah. I have something for you. I forged it long ago for your 15th birthday, but never got a chance to give it to you. It's a sword made especially for you. Only you can use this blade. I've named it Nenshou Kiba, Burning Fang. Take it with you."

Thank you, Uncle Ibiki!"

"Also, long ago, before you joined, the village made a name for you. They have referred to you as such within the village."

"What is it?"

"[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Purple]Mori Ko. Forest Child."

"I'll head back to Acolyte. Goodbye, Uncle!"[/COLOR][/FONT]

[CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Purple]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/COLOR][/FONT]

[LEFT][COLOR=Purple][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Maia headed back to Acolyte. "We should have them on our side. My uncle is going to try to convince the chief to help us."[/FONT][/COLOR]
[/LEFT]
[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]
[/CENTER]

Aderyn cracked a sideways grin at Natsu and nodded. "Agreed, it's amazing to see you all alive and well....even well enough to bicker." She said, poking Sasuki's shoulder affectionately, even when the woman turned around and gave her a playful glare. She sat back in her seat and peered over the side of the flying chariot, shivering slightly and leaning back in, her eyes going straight ahead as she avoided looking down. "What do you all think Maia's mission is?" She asked no one in particular.

Maia told him everything, it seemed the wolves would be on their side for the battle. They would prove to be very valuable allies, however that was not the thing that intrigued him the most. Maia told him that supposedly there was a sword that belonged to one of the band of seven...could it be....it had to be.

"Maia, I must ask one more thing of you." The girl had not taken her eyes off of the new sword she held in her hand. "I need you to take this jewel and place it in the tree above the blade. Then say these words "Brother of Seven, Return to us from the realm of the damned. Brother Return." Then throw some of this dust onto the tree. Don't worry about how much you cover, just a grain of this dust will bring your brother back.

Acolyte watched as Maia re-entered the villiage. This was the moment of truth, if the villiage allowed to be returned to life they risked his retalliation. However, if they attack Maia they will fall victim to the acolyte. Hopefully they'll allow her to return him, and stand down while he leaves it will mean they will aid them.

A feeling of apprehension grew as Maia placed the shard in the tree and bowed her head. It was obvious she was reciting the words, apparently with no problems. He was worried he would have to make an appearance and do them for her.

The sky grew black as the dust made contact with the tree. Thunder rolled in, and everything went silent. Even the birds stoped chirping. Suddenly lightning streaked the sky, striking the tree with a magnificent explosion.

Acolyte smiled as a form appeared in the smoke. It slowly gripped the blade that laid dormint in the tree for over a hundred years.

[FONT="Book Antiqua"]"What do you all think Maia's mission is?" Izanami heard Aderyn ask.

Izanami thought a moment, but she had no idea what Maia might be doing.

"I don't know, but it must be pretty important if that Acolyte guy went with her. All I know is I'll be glad to get my eyes back. By the way, what do you guys think of this Acolyte guy?" Izanami asked.

However, everyone either didn't hear her or they were ignoring her. Because not one of them answered her question. Either that or they really didn't know what to think of him, like she did. Who was he? And what was his purpose for bringing them all back to life? Could they trust him? Even though they didn't have a choice?

Izanami leaned back and enjoyed the ride as much as she could, since it was a bit crowded. She listened to the others as they argued and teased each other, and wondered when they would reach the garden.[/FONT]

[B]OOC: Sorry for the short post, I just didn't want to make this anything else but a journey post. I didn't want to ruin anything by posting about their arrival at the garden.[/B]

[I][COLOR="Indigo"]It was almost peaceful? yet he was tired so tired..and drained.. ?Let me rest? I beg you.?
But something still shackled him from reaching the light. Something embedded deep at Vael?s core.[/COLOR][/I]

?Brother of seven Return!? It was like the voice of a booming, thundering god which called down lightning itself? It gave Vael strength it gave him Life.

Vael pulled the sword from his abdomen with amazing quickness. As the tip of the blade came from it?s sheath, the hole became whole and healed. Air rushed to Vael?s lungs leaving him a coughing heap on the ground.

He felt so many emotions fear, surprise, but most of all he felt was anger.

?Those? Damn.. smelly canines.. ambushed? It was a struggle to even speak after being revived and then he made a grave mistake?. He tried standing only to fall on his face.

?Argh!? He groaned tossing his head back looking into Maia?s eyes

?M?Maia!, To what god do I owe such great fortune!? Maia-Chan has come to my aid? He lunged at her picking her up and whirled her around. By this time many of the villagers had surrounded their once holy tree which now lay in a splintered flaming ruin.

?The water dragon lives!? One wolf demon woman screamed

?That halfbreed child has stolen our lands source of life? yelled a furious elderly wolf demon.

?What abomination is this child? Why have you wroth destruction to our lands?!? Said the village leader. It was then that Vael took in his surroundings. The wolf demon tribe had been living off his life force for so long everything was green and plenty He could even feel the life-force of the creatures in and surrounding the village land.

?You damned fool? How dare you use me for you?re power sorce. What right have you?!? Maia had jumped back from Vael in pain since she was still holding his hand when it started to charge with electricity.

The villagers began stepping back yet the Chief stood his ground shakily.

Vael?s eyes glazed over.

?V..Vael We must go?? Maia whimpered ?Snap out of it?

?Leave here at once whilst you still have life!? The chief said.

?You speak so boldly yet you?re deadly afraid of me?. As well you should be.? Vael?s voice was cold and distant as he walked naked and shaking with fury towards the leader.

?Before I depart I flood your village with the blood of it?s occupants... You made the mistake of making me a tool? it will be your last.?

Maia yelled out. She wasn't one to go against her friends.

"No! Vael! Please! This is my Uncle Ibiki's home! Don't!"

She leaped in front of Vael, trying to stop him. Being the sweet and gentle one, she was the one who always ended the massacres using her tears, which somehow healed the land that was burned to the ground.

"I don't want to have to fight you, Vael... but please... don't kill them... please..." Maia began to tear up, trying to use that charm that always stopped the Bands' killing.

Acolyte lept from concelment squaring himself infront of Vael. "This is not your fight. Listen to Maia and stand down." He reached back to feel for his halberd; revenge always made a person unstable, it was just the way it was.

Vael gave him a look that, if Vael had been at full strength, would have made him step back. "Who are you to stand in my way?" Vael gripped his blade so tight that his knuckles began turning white.

"I know you want revenge, but these aren't the same people who took your life so many years ago. Over a hundred years have past, and now that you're revived your life belongs to Maia." Acolyte noted how both their faces had the same look of surprise on them.

"Yes, since it was you that brought Vael back I do not hold any power over him. But Maia can choose to end your life at any moment." Acolyte new she wouldn't want the responsibility, but she had no choice. "Don't worry, once this ordeal is over I will release you six that I brought back, and I will show you how to release Vael. But not before then, if something happens to me you will all perish."

Vael's grip on his blade relinquished just enough to show he was not going to attack just yet, small victories first.

[I]Master...Master are you there?[/I] Tai-Goru's voice rang inside Acolyte's head.

[I]I'm a little busy, what is it you need?[/I]

[I]I wanted to inform you we reached the edge of the clearing in which the peach garden lies[/I]

They had arrived ahead of schedule. The thought of them facing Ursula without Maia or Vael was very discontenting. She was a master of Illusion, and they would face her demonic minnions, themselves, and probably a multitude of other challenges before they could claim the eyes.

"We must leave now." Acolyte motioned Maia and Vael in the direction of the chariot.

"Wait one second, you awoke Vael. Why should we let you just leave?" A bold member of the wolf tribe steped forward. "Why shouldn't we just kill you now?"

Acolyte did not turn to face the manwolf. "First I don't think your chief would take to kindly to you assaulting one of your owns neice; Secondally" Without another word Acolyte spun, waved his hand in an arcing motion from left to right and turned back around. As he walked away, a huge wall of flame sprang up as if from hell itself.

A minute later they were on their way to the peach garden, hopefully there would still be 5 members of the Band of Seven still standing. If he was really lucky Ursula would be dead, and Izanami's eyes would be returned to her.

Vael helped Maia into the chariot and sent Acolyte a death glar, he leaned into Maia?s ear. ? Maia-Chan how much do you know about this man??

Maia fidgeted uncomfortably in her seat making a concentrated look. ?Hmm. Well all I know is that he?s revived all of us to complete a task for him.?

?All of us?? Vael perked up a bit in his seat? yes he could sense his brethren not far from where they were.

Acolyte climbed in and threw Vael an oversize fish print kimono.
Vael laughed slyly. ?Does my nakedness make you uneasy sir??

The acolyte turned his head as Vael sliped on the kimono and tied it loosely at his waist. He could not time if the man was blushing or not.

?What is your name Sorcerer?? asked Vael.

?You may call me acolyte?

Vael groaned. ? Aren?t you selfish one. What gives you the right to awake us, then task us with an errand and not even provide your name??

The acolyte did not answer whether it was because of Vael?s forwardness or simply because he chose not to, Vael was not sure.

?Well until you provide me with a name I shall call you Lyte?

At this the acolyte laughed. ?Why do you seek familiarity with me ??

Vael shrugged then smiled. ? How can I serve a master I do not know??

The Acolyte sat quietly oviusly thinking to himself.

Vael had begane his confusing conversation merely as a coverup to read the acolyte but it was hard. It was as if Lyte had mental barriers.

?This will take time? But I must find out what he wants from us and why.?

Following this man blindly disturbed Vael a great deal. Even Natsu-Kun had given reason to his orders.

Vael sighed. ?Well at least I?ll get to see everyone again?

When Maia heard that she had control over Vael, she was shocked. [I]I control the life of my friend...?[/I]

While in the chariot, Maia looked to whoever spoke, listening closely. Maia watched as the two spoke to one another. She wasn't sure what to do. Maia was still thinking about the blade.

"Nenshou Kiba..." she whispered. Staring at the lovingly forged sword. "Burning Fang..."

Natsu felt a sensation thunder threw his entire body. It was feeling of bizarre warmth that he reconized as Vael. Natsu gave a near emotionless smile as he looked over at the others. They too felt their brother's energy.
As the band started to become restless, they noticed the chariot stop in mid-flight over what appeared to be a garden.
"This is it...my master says to get off here..." Acolytes' servant said with a string of fear in his voice. As the group looked down they could see a large horde of demons waiting at their would-be drop zone. Preparing for battle, Natsu's dark purple hair began to twist and twirl as very small, fine needles began to erect from every strand of his hair. As he contiued, the needles ejected from his hair, surronding him in what appeared to be a black cloud. A glare of light bouncing off the metallic needles' surfaces every now and than to show the deadly contents of the cloud.
Natsu dived down at the ground, the cloud of darkness twirling around him like fire on a torch. As Natsu hit the earth, it shock violently sending a wave of his deadly cloud outward. Slaughtering countless demons in its wake.
"...this shall be fun..." Natsu said summoning the cloud back to him.

Sasuki grinned and leaped out of the chariot, lightly landing on her feet. Suddenly, a sharp pain shot through her body as a needle shot through her foot. Ripping the needle out, she tossed it aside. "Errr! Natsu! Your so lucky my toxins can absorb yours, or I'd be so pissed!" Grunting she hoped into the nearest tree and examined her wound. "I'll stay in the trees, you guys stay with the ground." Wrapping her foot, she started gliding through the trees, quickly beheading the weak demons below her. *Let's get this over with. I want a real challenge...*

"Damn" The acolyte muttered outloud as he whipped the flaming steeds in an attempt to increase their speed.

"What's the problem lyte?" Vael asked in an almost hiss. This was a definite sign of weakness, and just the thought of it made Acolyte sick to his stomach.

"The battle has already begun in the peach garden. I'm sure that right now the demon witch is sending her minions after your friends. What worries me is when they finish and must face off against her themselves. I don't think they can handle it...." Acolyte spured them on harder and harder. These were no ordinary horses so there was no fear of running them to death. There was, however, a real fear that the 5 members engaged would die before they arrived.

Finally, off in the distance the ensuing battle was visible. More accurate you could see the cloud of minor demons descending on a slightly larger object that was the chariot they all arrived in.

Suddenly, as quick as lightning, a light flashed and everything was gone. Instead a large sphere, appearing to be made out of wather, covered the land as far as the eyes could see.

"What's that?" Maia's small voice squeaked behind Acolyte.

"That is a prison for your friends. An inpenetrable orb that appears to be one thing on the outside. The inside, however, is an entire world of illusion magic your friends must battle. Now I need some ideas on how to break in from you two....otherwise your friends may be done."

[B]OOC: Sorry for my abscence its been tough with no home PC to find computer time. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up, the landscape on the inside has changed dramatically. For now we'll go with a polar enviroment. You guys are still locked in battle with the minnions, however now they have changed into ice demons. After a few of your posts I'll make another small one and switch the enviroment. Feel free to find shelter, continue to fight in the blizzard like enviroment, or whatever. Just don't fight Ursula yet; I'll bring her in with my next post.[/B]

• 3 weeks later...
Izanami suddenly felt cold. And there was snow falling on her naked body, and deep around her legs. This was most unusual. The weather was nothing like this a little while ago.

"What's going on? What happened guys?"

Izanami turned her head to look around, forgetting for a moment she still had no eyes.

No one responded to her questions. They must have been confused as she was. A low growl told her to jump to the side. She fell deep into the snow. She dug herself out and got back up. This was not good. From what she could smell, there were quite a few polar bears and some yetis here. It looked like wherever Izanami was, she was going to have to fight her way out of here.

She threw her arm out and sliced into a polar bear, which let out a cry of pain.

"Come on everyone! I don't know what happened, but we'll have to cut down these bears and get out of here."

[B]OOC: Sorry for the short post. Just wanted to get the ball rolling again. If we can take care of our enemies, we should be able to find a cave or something to make plans in.[/B]

Natsu was as well baffled by the sudden change of the environment, but he quickly adjusted himself to the soft and cold land.
"...Izanami...keep your senses sharp..you don't have your sight yet...everyone keep your vitals well guarded..." Natsu said after taking a surprise hit to the side. He was now bleeding quite badly from a surprise attack from one of the newly formed demonic bears. The claws of these bears seemed to be venomous as Natsu took a knee. Although his body was capable of producing poisons of all kind this toxin was different. He couldn't quite sum up the strength to withdraw his cloud of needles to his side and settled for a mass of ten or so needles scattered over his body. The poison seems to cut ones ability to gather and release strength in any form. He was overall a bit shocked because he couldn't believe how swiftly the demons attacked.

If anything at all on him was scathed it had to be his pride. It has been centuries since a single attack has been successfully landed upon him. Angered as well as little confused from the poison, he lashed out at whatever was in sight and it seemed his first target was Sasuki.

OOC: Still alive baby! This fire won't go out yet!!

Vael franticly racked his brain on ways to penetrate the illusion field, but to no avail.

?Since we cant break through maybe we should find Ursula and-?

?And what? Kill her?? Interrupted the Acolyte . If it were that simple why would I have assembled you all here to fight her?? he said roughly.

Vael whip around glaring daggers at him. ?You don?t have to be so ill tempered with her, she?s a child, and she only wanted to help.?

The acolyte ignored Vael?s outburst and dawned a look of interest to the illusion sphere.
?Strange, Ursula is a powerful demon indeed? to have her illusion focused over such a great area at once.?

?That?s it? Vael jumped up with realization.
Maia perked up sensing a breakthrough.

?She must be using some sort of weapon or totem to amplify her powers so she can cover such a vast range.?

?Perhaps we could destroy it? Maia added.

?Again, we alone stand no chance against her? Said the Acolyte dryly.

?How much work would it take? It?s the only option we have as of now besides once the item is destroyed so is that damn dome of illusion, which will free everyone in time to add us.? Vael picked up his sword

?Hold on a second? The acolyte stood stopping Vael. ?We cant rush in without a plan Vaelurideen.?

Vael scoffed, ?Well what do you supposed we do??

OOC: Yay!!!! we live :D