OtakuBoards

Rick Hunter to be featured on OtaKast Radio today

Rick Hunter

If this is in the wrong section, I'm sorry as, I have no clue really what this section is for or if I'm allowed to post this on OB. Anyway for whatever it's worth, I'm going to be featured on an internet radio show later today at 8:30pm EST. I'll be discussing the history of my website and one of the topics on the list will be my work on theOtaku.com and what not. So anyone interested in listening in on the show the address it will be hosted on is: [URL="http://www.blogtalkradio.com/OtaKast"]http://www.blogtalkradio.com/OtaKast[/URL]
starts at 8:30pm EST. It's actually a call in show, I'm not sure if they'll be taking calls during the one hour segment but if they are feel free to call in and ask questions. I'll answer just about anything, as long, as it's within obvious guidelines.

Anyway please check it out, for all those not familiar with Otaku History or just read the Otakupedia article, this will definitely give you much more insight then what was written in regards to my work over there and on my site. It'll be interesting for any Otaku History buffs and who knows it' may end up with another Otakupedia entry. Anyway check it out, I'm actually nervous about this....I'm use to doing video cast but never a guest on a radio show...

Not bad for an "unsuccessful" website. Anyway please show support!

[SIZE="1"]Afraid you are in the wrong forum here with this Rick, I'm going to move it to Anime Central given that this deals with the genre in question. That said, congratulations on your upcoming radio piece.

[b]Thread Moved[/b][/SIZE]

• 3 weeks later...
[font=franklin gothic medium]I thought I'd give this a listen, since I notice you only just posted this and nobody has yet commented on the actual interview. :catgirl:

Anyway, I found this very interesting. It was nice to see another side to you, Kevin. Obviously your experiences (especially dealing with hosts) have given you a lot of perspective. So I found that pretty interesting, especially considering that a lot of young web sites have major struggles in this area - and I think a lot of people let it beat them. Your persistence is a good example to others, for sure.

Unfortunately I think you do yourself a disservice by investing so much time with revisionist history. You say it was an imaginary war, but you manage to keep it alive despite everybody else's attempts to let everything go.

But you know what? The proof is really in the pudding. Despite everything, you're still here and we allow you to be - you are still as welcome as any other member. That says a lot about what we believe in. I would rather be judged by my actions, as opposed to rumor and gossip. :catgirl:

Anyway, it's nice that you could at least share some useable info for people who are wanting to start their own new sites.[/font]

I wasn't aware anyone posted on this, I'm sorry I've been extremely busy as of late. In regards to the comments, I really appreciate for the most part the kind words. In regards to comments said those are my sentiments and feelings which I do believe I am in fact entitled too respectfully speaking. I've always believed that both websites would benefit from something mutual in regards to the fact they were originally long ago on good terms. As stated in the interview I felt that both sites would benefit from each other. AE specifies on Anime News/Reviews, along with Video games. While obviously theOtaku has taken a more fan/art approach via a community. Both brands respectfully give anime fans something different that neither site does in regards to that scale.

This radio interview believe it or not was very popular, that it eventually lead into the launch of AE Radio aka Super Awesome Special Show. We're a nationally syndicated live internet radio show that airs every Tuesday at 9pm EST on Blog Talk Radio. We've recorded so far 4 episodes for the show. We do the basic radio type stuff such as playing J-pop-J-rock, VG music, we have debates and also guest on the show. Actually within the next upcoming weeks Michelle Ruff (voice actress of Rukia for the English dub) is going to be on the show. So far it's taken off well with targeted audiences.

I'll even post the shows address from where it's hosted: [url]http://www.blogtalkradio.com/AnimeExplosion[/url] all episodes can be found streaming on AE thirty mins after its live date. Yes our show is live, anyway thanks for the kind comments. I have to get back to work now.