James Posted December 16, 2008 Posted December 16, 2008 [center][size=6]Christmas Banner Competition[/size] [size=10][color=red]2 0 0 8[/color][/size][/center] [font=franklin gothic medium]It's that time of the year again! :catgirl: Admittedly I'm a bit late this year, but I hope we'll still have enough time to see some fun entries. Basically it works like this: any and all members are welcome to submit Christmas-themed banners for OtakuBoards (the banner being the image at the top of the page with our logo on it). The winner's banner will be displayed on [b]all[/b] skins up until New Year's Eve. You can submit as many banners as you want and you can ask questions in this thread too if you have any. Here is a basic list of requirements: [list] [*]The banner [b]must[/b] be exactly 597 x 127 pixels in size. [*]It must contain a 1 pixel thick black border on the bottom and sides (but [b]not[/b] the top). [*]The theme is Christmas, but please feel free to interpret this however you like. You can be traditional or you can do something totally different. Also try to keep to Christmas colours if you can (I guess you can make an exception if you have a really stellar design). Remember, your banner will be used on all skins so it won't match one particular skin anyway. [*]Make it stand out! The banner should be bold, fun and welcoming. [*]And uh...that's it I think. Oh! Actually, the format must be JPEG. Try to keep it relatively uncompressed, so that the image quality doesn't suck. [/list] So there you have it. Hopefully I have put enough details in there. But again if you have questions, just ask here. I will be looking to choose a banner by the weekend and as mentioned above, it will remain up until NYE. So not long, but hopefully it'll be a fun challenge for you guys. I would like to have another "official" challenge like this in the new year, so watch out for that (with a bit more preparation time!) :catgirl: [/font]
jigglyness Posted December 17, 2008 Posted December 17, 2008 [size=1]Count me in. :D When do the submissions need to be in by? [like a certain day/time][/size]
James Posted December 17, 2008 Author Posted December 17, 2008 [quote name='jigglyness'][size=1]Count me in. :D When do the submissions need to be in by? [like a certain day/time][/size][/QUOTE] [font=franklin gothic medium]No specific time as such, but I am likely to be choosing a submission this coming Sunday. That way it can be put up for next week and we can display it until New Year's Eve. So for you guys in America that'd be Saturday night - let's say midnight on Saturday or something. Is that ok? Hopefully I am leaving you with enough time.[/font] :catgirl:
SunfallE Posted December 17, 2008 Posted December 17, 2008 [COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Well since I recently upgraded to Elements 7... I had to make one so here it is. I might make more, not sure though. XP [IMG]http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/6977/luckystar01dw7.jpg[/IMG][/FONT][/COLOR]
Desbreko Posted December 17, 2008 Posted December 17, 2008 [quote name='SunfallE'][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][IMG]http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/6977/luckystar01dw7.jpg[/IMG][/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE][color=#4B0082]WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN You can't beat Lucky Star.[/color]
SaiyanPrincessX Posted December 18, 2008 Posted December 18, 2008 [SIZE="1"]This was always fun. I spent hours on this thing and I eventually got tired of it. Lol. So now I'm not happy with it. XD [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/SaiyanPrincessX/OB_BannerChristmas08.jpg[/IMG] EDIT: I forgot to mention, the Japanese says Merry Christmas, or something of the sort. I wiki'd it.[/SIZE]
jigglyness Posted December 19, 2008 Posted December 19, 2008 here's mine :D [img]http://i44.tinypic.com/2823zn4.jpg[/img]
SunfallE Posted December 19, 2008 Posted December 19, 2008 [COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Well since I got another idea for a banner... I had to make it. lolz :catgirl: [IMG]http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/6371/totaob01pg1.jpg[/IMG][/FONT][/COLOR]
Sabrina Posted December 19, 2008 Posted December 19, 2008 [FONT="Tahoma"]I've never done this before so... I hope I got it right. I'm still learning how to make stuff like this. ^^[/FONT] [IMG]http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/128/luckystarchristmaop7.jpg[/IMG]
James Posted December 19, 2008 Author Posted December 19, 2008 [font=franklin gothic medium]Wow, I'm so impressed! All of these entries are so great. You guys are making it difficult for me to choose, haha. There's a couple more days for entries so that should be enough time for everyone I think. Thanks for your work so far everyone![/font]
Sayrin Posted December 20, 2008 Posted December 20, 2008 i didn't kwno what color to choose haha xD [IMG]http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/4788/xmas01redcopyyc7.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/3641/xmas01greencopyjt2.jpg[/IMG] here's another one heh 8) [IMG]http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/6339/xmas02copytk1.jpg[/IMG]
James Posted December 22, 2008 Author Posted December 22, 2008 [font=franklin gothic medium]And the winners are up! Congrats guys. And thanks to everyone for your submissions. You guys know how to make it tough to choose. :catgirl:[/font]
The Spectacular Professor Posted December 22, 2008 Posted December 22, 2008 [FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Huh, activating Caramelldansen reverts the banner to the original. Just thought I'd point it out. Minor detail, and it would probably be too much work to accommodate a group of banners that are only going to be around for a couple of weeks anyway.[/FONT]
Horendithas Posted December 22, 2008 Posted December 22, 2008 [COLOR="Indigo"][FONT="Arial"]Nice. Congrats you guys. They all look great. And since I like Lucky Star... [I]*changes her default to Geisha for the holiday*[/I][/FONT][/COLOR]
Rachmaninoff Posted December 23, 2008 Posted December 23, 2008 Congratulations everyone. I like how each one goes well with it's respective skin. I'll probably end up using a different one each time I log in just for fun.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now