OtakuBoards

Anticipating games

Magus

I suppose 2008 was a solid (no pun intented) year for games. With that said though I've yet to play most of those games. (I have a lot of catching up to do.) I don't know if this year will have the impact that 2008 did for a lot of people, but for me, I don't think 2009 will be all that great. I think there were about 6-9 games that caught my interest. This year, so far, there's only 2.

In any case, majority of the titles I've been waiting for has already been released. However, there are a couple of games that I'm still anticipating.

[b]Final Fantasy XIII Versus[/b] being my main target at the moment. To hear that the battle system is going to be similar to the Kingdom Hearts games has truly spiked my interest in the game. I like simple minded hack n slashers. You don't have to put a lot of thought into those type of games, lol.

[b]Street Fighter 4[/b] is my other target. Long overdue. Ryu and Ken are ugly, but the game, in general, looks real good.

Star Ocean - Last Hope, no doubt, looks good, but I need more info.

Do you think this year will be as good as last year? What are some of the games that you're anticipating?

[QUOTE=Magus]Star Ocean - Last Hope, no doubt, looks good, but I need more info.

Do you think this year will be as good as last year? What are some of the games that you're anticipating?[/QUOTE]I'm kind of looking forward to Star Ocean... I just need an xbox 360 so I can actually play it. From what little I've seen about it, the game looks like it will be great.

Last year, I couldn't say. My schedule was a complete joke for playing games, I didn't beat a single one last year. I just didn't have the time.

I am looking forward to Street Fighter 4 to come out for the PS3. Even though Ryu looks like a big monkey.

Resident Evil 5 is also a must have when it arrives. I am not that huge of a RE player to be honest, but my fiancee is and now I am caught up in the story of the thing.

Final Fantasy XIII is also on my list of game to want.

[FONT="Verdana"][COLOR="DarkRed"][B]Street Fighter 4[/B] is going to be a great game no doubt about it. I might actually have friends that would care to learn its mechanics to allow us to play on the same level this time around.

I'm a long time fighter junkie and I still haven't sold my copy of [B]Marvel vs. Capcom 2 [/B](came close a few times when I heard it was rare on the Xbox). Natually I've been waiting for a sequel, but may never happen if Capcom can't get the Marvel license again. Capcom is releasing another interesting game [B]Tatsunoko vs. Capcom [/B]solely in Japan. I really hope some strings can be pulled to get it over in the States, as it is looking marvelous.

And here is a video if you are not familiar with the game: [URL="http://www.gametrailers.com/player/43536.html"]http://www.gametrailers.com/player/43536.html[/URL][/COLOR][/FONT]

Oh, how I wish I had Marvel vs Capcom 2 from jump street. Till this day I still consider that as the best 2D fighting game, but then again, I'm bias :catgirl:. It sucks that Capcom vs Tatsunoko is a Japan only game. Sure, I don't know half of those characters, but the game in general looks too good to not bring to the states. (Needs to be on the Xbox 360 though. :animeswea)

In any case, I forgot about a game that's been floating under the radar. [b]Bayonetta[/b] caught my interest when I saw a trailer of it on X-play. (Tokyo Game Show, I think) Female version of Dante (Devil May Cry) except (obviously she's a woman) she's quite the tease... (big time) Anyway, much to my surprise, the guy that's working on this title is the same guy that did Devil May Cry 1, Viewtiful Joe 2, (I think) and Okami. While I've never played the Viewtiful Joe series, the Devil May Cry series is one of my favorites (1 started it all and got me on the bandwagon and I never played 2) and I just recently became a fan of Okami. That's an impressive record though.

There are a few games I'm waiting for Feb release and March release. These game I'm waiting for are:
For Feb release:
1.Star Ocean - Last Hope

For March release:
1.Resident Evil 5
2.Naruto Ultimate Ninja 4: Shippuden
3.Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume

[quote name='AbbeyLiz']definitely Halo 4
i think its supposed to come out in march? it might be just a rumor but i'm excited nonetheless :][/QUOTE]
[color=green]While I don't know much about the game, however, I do know that there is no Halo 4. The game you're referring to is Halo Wars. A real time strategy game that comes out somewhere between the end of Feb and beginning of March.[/color]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="Indigo"]Seconded. It's the fourth title that bears the Halo name, but it's not Halo 4. Consider this more of a different part of the series. While I'm sure that people are clamoring for Halo 4 (I'm not), Bungie is putting their best foot forward with Halo Wars for right now.

I'm most looking forward to [b]Street Fighter IV[/b] right now. I'm gonna pick it up for the 360 to save buying an extra joystick and avoid using pads to learn this game. Hopefully they'll have some local stuff going on in town for the game. I'll be on the horn with my buddies here so we can play and learn the game.

Another game on my horizon is Star Ocean. While the last entry did kind of bore me (and made me impatient. Till the end of time? how fitting) , I still loved the first two entries in the series and I hope this game doesn't disappoint me.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT="Tahoma"]I'd love to get the newest Star Ocean game, but I don't have an xbox 360. Most of the games that interest me are coming out on systems that I don't have. They're just more money than I want to spend right now. o_O Oh the joys of being a college student and needing to pay for school. I'll have to be content with picking up stuff for ps2 that I haven't played yet.^^[/FONT]

[quote name='Korey'][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="Indigo"]Seconded. It's the fourth title that bears the Halo name, but it's not Halo 4. Consider this more of a different part of the series. While I'm sure that people are clamoring for Halo 4 (I'm not), Bungie is putting their best foot forward with Halo Wars for right now.
[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="SlateGray"]
Yeah, but we established your opinions on FPSs don't even matter anyway.

I'm looking forward to, in order:

HALO WARS
HALO: ODST (Which is going to be an FPS as well.)
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
Killzone 2

If I'm not holding the gun, or playing Halo, then gaming ain't at it's finest.

Oh, right, and since becoming a Street Fighter fan (Was with SNK in my younger years) I'm getting pretty jazzed about SF4. Looks good in motion and M. Bison is Psycho Crushing better than ever.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

• 1 month later...
[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]BUMP.

[b]Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2[/b] - I'm a NG fan, and hearing about this one just convinced me to get a PS3.

[quote=IGN][size=1]Obviously Ryu's story mode will be available in the PS3 version, [b]but Ayane -- a fan-favorite from the Dead or Alive franchise -- will also be playable in her own story mode and she sports a flashy set of moves that are reminiscent of her move set from the Dead or Alive fighters. The other character introduced was the beautiful Momiji, a character originally found in Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword for the Nintendo DS[/b]. Wielding an impressive lance and some elaborate aerial combos, Momiji will add yet another layer of gameplay to Sigma 2 that elevates the experience beyond the 360 version.

With all this new content, the news is made even sweeter when Team Ninja announced that -- for the first time in the franchise -- [b]online co-op will be available in Sigma 2.[/b] That's right, players will be able to take both Ryu and one of the new characters into the online landscape and battle the endless hordes of evil together. Sounds like a hot date to me.[/size][/quote]

Ayane gets her own storyline, and that Momiji person is a playable character. I've never played NGDS, but I'm curious to find out what she's like. And while I'm not a fan online play, however, I don't mind co-op at all. Take some stress away from getting mauled by them cheap ninja dogs.

[url]http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/775527/tecmo-ps3-action-adventure-untitled/videos/ngs2_trl_032409.html[/url] (video footage)

There's another Call of Duty: Modern Warfare coming. While I've yet to play the 1st modern warfare, I did think that it looked amazing.[/FONT]

There's not really a whole lot of stuff I'm aching to play; I'm felling a little disheartened vis-a-vis video games over the last couple of years. After eagerly awaiting [B]Street Fighter 4[/B],more so than any other game in a long time, I played it for a couple of hours, and haven't been bothered much since. Maybe I was just looking back on the predecessors through rose-tinted glasses, and forgot how many hours of pure frustration they caused me ...

Anyways ... There are two games that have made me a little excited:

[B]Arkham Asylum[/B] and [B]Bioshock 2[/B]. I'm saying prayers that I won't be disappointed.

[quote name='Zombie_Nosh'][B]Arkham Asylum[/B][/QUOTE]
[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]I'm also excited about Arkham Asylum. It has a similar approach that Batman Begins has with the stealth aspect (which looks quite nice now) of the game (And it looks more polished here), and has The Dark Knight feel to it in some ways. Hopefully combat will be better this time around because it was horrible in BB.[/FONT]

• 1 month later...
[FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Yay, it looks like [B]Tatsunoko vs. Capcom[/B] is coming to the states. Now that I really think about it, it seems there are a lot of new promising fighters coming out very soon. One, which I?m really looking forward to, is [B]Blazblue[/B], after seeing more footage of it.

Another game I?m kind of looking forward to is [B]Beyond Good and Evil 2[/B]. I haven?t played the first one, but I?m familiar with. It seems like a cult-hit kind of game I?ve been enjoying lately. Overall, this new game looks exciting.
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='desertphoenix'][FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Yay, it looks like [B]Tatsunoko vs. Capcom[/B] is coming to the states. Now that I really think about it, it seems there are a lot of new promising fighters coming out very soon. One, which I?m really looking forward to, is [B]Blazblue[/B], after seeing more footage of it.

Another game I?m kind of looking forward to is [B]Beyond Good and Evil 2[/B]. I haven?t played the first one, but I?m familiar with. It seems like a cult-hit kind of game I?ve been enjoying lately. Overall, this new game looks exciting.
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]There's all sorts of footage for Blazblue on youtube and nicovideo. Matches, combo vids and even a few tutorials. Don't miss out on them before BB drops.

This year seems to be the year of the fighter. While![b]KOF12[/b] looks promising, I'm more looking forward to Marvel vs Capcom 2 online, which I plan on documenting on youtube, and Blazblue . Although I have SFIV and the new Guilty Gear to hold me down. [/FONT]

Hmm.. While I am stoked about Tatsunoko vs Capcom, I'm not really all that thrilled about it being a Wii exclusive. I know. X360 and PS3 has SF4, but still. I've never been fond of any of Nintendo's controllers, and for me, I need controllers that fit comfortably in my hands, and I don't think the Wii can do that. (My hands are pretty big.) I still look forward to seeing how it holds up on the Wii though.

I'm also excited about [b]Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2[/b]. I don't know much about the Civil War storyline outside of heroes fighting heroes. But still, I've been enjoying these types of games since X-Men Legends so yeah..

[b]Darksiders[/b] looks like an interesting game. From the video I saw it looks like it's a DMC clone, but IGN mentioned something about it being similar to Zelda.. With an apocalypse storyline... "shrugs" I'll have to look more into it.

[size=1]And just for the heck of it. I'm still waiting to play games I've yet to play. Such as [b]Final Fantasy 4, 6, and 9[/b]. Old games indeed, but I'm still playing catch up. (And after the torture I went through with these classes I think I deserve to get away from reality for the next 2 weeks.)[/size]

There is alot of games that I am looking forward to coming out this year. I am mostly excited for [B]Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days [/B] for the PSP, because I am mostly a huge disgaea fan and can't wait to get my hands on it. Another one is [B]Dissidia: Final Fantasy [/B] for the PSP, I like the final fantasy series so I'm hoping to add this to my FF collection soon. Thats only a few PSP games that I'm listing for now.

For the 360, I am waiting for Bioshock 2 to come out because I have played the first one and thought it was a pretty good game. I hope that when the second one comes out it will be better then the first one.

The next game I'm excited to get is [B]Final Fantasy XIII[/B] because one reason is that its coming out for the 360 which is good and another is that I'm gonna get it preorder so that I don't have to wait until it realease in the stores.

I'm done explaining what games I'm waiting for to come out, so here's a list of the games that I haven't explain that I want to get.

[U]PSP[/U]
Dissidia: Final Fantasy
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days
Persona
PANGYA: Fantasy Golf
Crimson Gem Saga
Class of Heroes
Fate/Unlimited Codes
Final Fantasy Agito XIII
Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep

[U]DS[/U]
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor