OtakuBoards

"Our" Song is...

Roxie Faye

[color=#9933cc]Inspired by CHW's "theme song" thread, I now ask you: what are your "relationship" songs?

I'm not asking what songs you think are romantic (thread can be found [URL="http://otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=59875"]here[/URL]), or what songs have good relationship lyrics. I'm just asking... what is "the" song you have between yourself and your significant other? The one that, when it comes on the radio in a crowded room, you two look at each other and smile secretly. The one you play when you're trying to apologize for screwing up because you know the other person can't possibly be mad at you if they hear "your song." That one.

Feel free to add details of how you two came to have it as "your" song. Did you two pick it out intentionally? Did you turn on the radio and have whatever was on be your song? Did it just "happen" somehow?

So, please, share! =)

[size=1]I would say something witty about the Taylor Swift song, but I'm unfortunately not a witty person. There was a cute Death Note AMV for it (LxMisa), where they showed pictures of Light every time "God" appeared in the lyrics, but that's about it. [/size][/color]

Well the song that me and my girlfriend share and laugh at is "The Scientist" by Coldplay! I know it sounds dumb but when that song plays we just look at each and laugh and sing! Partly cause we both think of the video where Chris Martin is walking backwards the whole time! But that song brought us together cause I had left my Coldplay CD in the youth room at my church and as I was walking back up the stairs to get it I heard it being played....so I sprung into action as I ran the rest of the stairs! When I got up there I saw her there listening to the song and she was walking backwards thru the room! I started to laugh and she just smiled at me and i smiled at her. Then I started to play the song on the guitar that was up there and she began drumming to it! That was my first sign that I had to be with this girl and a few weeks later on a trip to the Christmas Lights in Charleston I asked her out and she said yes and we've happy ever since!!!

She probrably wont see this because she isnt on the OBs but I love you #2(her softball number) and I know you love me#11(my soccer number). We will always be the best of friends! and maybe someday even more than that!!!

The one song that my boyfriend and I consider special and our song is Love Song by The Cure.

He goes to this concert every year called KROQ's Almost Accoustic Christmas down in Southern California. The Cure was the final group to perform in the three day concert. That's when I first learned about them. I watched them perform live over the webcam.

Anyways, ever since that time, my boyfriend introduced this song to me and it has been our song ever since.

[YOUTUBE="The Cure - Love Song"]P4SZhumbv0s[/YOUTUBE]

[size=1]I actually had two songs with some of my ex's. My favourite was Nine Inch Nail's [b][url=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=8BTKnD4R_g8]We're In This Together[/URL][/b] (clickage). I went out with a girl for about a week but it was the biggest connection ever, mostly because we were both headcases (and that also being the reason who broke up because we messed with each other's head). This song, in that case, was perfect and is still reminds me of most of my relationships... except now they're one sided because I'm the only screwy one.

And the second, somewhat nicer one, is Apoptygma Berzerk's [b][url=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-Jg_CvHVaY]In This Together[/url][/b]. I don't actually like the video but this has always made me smile on the good relationships I've had and I normally play it when they were round - even if they didn't notice what song it was - because it really does make me smile. It was 'our' song too with my second the last girlfriend which was pretty nice.

Also I think Manson's [b][url=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=NX1fqMGQWtI]Heart-Shaped Glasses[/url][/b] is one... but that's more of 'my' song about 'my' relationships rather than two of us (I normally say 'you don't hurt me and I won't hurt you' which is kinda the same as 'don't break my heart and I won't break your heart-shaped glasses', heh).[/size]

[size=1]Well, "our" main song is probably [url=http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=gfnvzC60vk4][b]Ein Elefant Für Dich[/b][/url] by Wir Sind Helden, though I cannot really remember why... In any case, because of that song "our" animal is an elephant, so yeah.

The most recent song we kind of share is [url=http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=WGc3nHrKhUY][b]Dice[/b][/url] (yes, that is a link to an O.C. compilation) by Finley Quaye. I fell lin love with the song and played it a bunch of time while she was here and she insisted on having the song too. And well, it brings up happy memories from when the song was on and... Wait, I am not sharing this with you lot.[/size]

[Color=#9933cc]Boo - I didn't know you listened to Wir Sind Helden - that's pretty cool. I like them, too. (Bitte, gibt mir nur ein "o"...)

I love everyone's songs, and I think the stories behind them are even better! That is, after all, what makes the song so special. ^_^[/color]

[quote name='Roxie Faye'][Color=#9933cc]Boo - I didn't know you listened to Wir Sind Helden - that's pretty cool. I like them, too. (Bitte, gibt mir nur ein "o"...)

I love everyone's songs, and I think the stories behind them are even better! That is, after all, what makes the song so special. ^_^[/color][/QUOTE]

Hey not to be nosy but you've asked us what our specials songs are but what about yours...it only seems fair that you be able to share your special moments with us as well. Yeah I enjoy the stories behind the songs as well. Make a great thread. Great job Roxie Faye!!!

[quote name='Roxie Faye'][Color=#9933cc]Boo - I didn't know you listened to Wir Sind Helden - that's pretty cool. I like them, too. (Bitte, gibt mir nur ein "o"...)[/color][/QUOTE]
[size=1]Are you kidding me? I have seen them four times at the least. But I still have to see a show together with my other half, so yeah. D: Someone else knows them too! Awesome! :]

In any case, I forgot to mention that thanks to [b][u][i]THE[/i][/u][/b] other thread (the "Favourite Romantics Songs" one), I was able to forge a background music playlist for when the GF was here, including [i]The Blower's Daughter[/i] which I absolutely love now. So I kind of think of that as a song of "ours" whenever I listen to is, because of all the neat memories. :3[/size]

[color=#9933cc]Boo - I didn't make the thread, but I'm glad I could direct you to it. ^^; And I'm also jealous you've seen Wir Sind Helden so many times. XD

[quote name='Humaru']Hey not to be nosy but you've asked us what our specials songs are but what about yours...it only seems fair that you be able to share your special moments with us as well. Yeah I enjoy the stories behind the songs as well. Make a great thread. Great job Roxie Faye!!![/QUOTE]
Oh damn. I was hoping nobody would notice that. >_> *whistles*

Um, well, our song is "Baby, It's Cold Outside," and it's the Johnny Mercer & Margaret Whiting version from 1949.

He's French (and technically my "ex", but only because he had to go back to France), so I decided he needed some "American" Christmas songs on his ever-growing itunes (because whose itunes *isn't* humongous?), so I sent him some off of this CD I have, one of which was this song.

Personally, I really liked the song long before I knew him. One morning I was in his room, and the song came on (from shuffle), so I was explaining to him that I liked it because the lyrics were really cute. You can listen to the song on youtube [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szrqtgAd3h0"]here[/URL].

A day later (or couple of days), it was cold outside, and I was listening to the song, so my facebook status was "Baby, it's cold outside." And that night we were hanging out, and he mentioned my status, and it just became "our song."

We still tease each other with the lyrics, if the weather is very cold. =P[/color]

My and my bast friends' song is "Juanita", by Shania, Twain, and we just can't help dancing to our favorite japanese songs together.

Another of my best friends introduced my to P.O.D, and now everytinme I hear "It can' rain everyday", I think of him.

Another friend lost his sister in a car wreck, and his song for her was "memories" by Within Temptations. He always used to play it on his phone for me, until it became his song for me, instead of her. Sort of a healing thing, I suppose.