OtakuBoards

Realistic/Anime

Mewmewlover55

Hi guys,

Well I havn't updated any art in this forum in about..... several months ^^'' So I'm gonna put up some now.

Please give critique :D

This first picture I did in art class at school. She wanted us to make a collage of a bunch of different images.
-Reference of the girl: [url]http://missachfoo.deviantart.com/art/Sitting-Waiting-Wishing-60185944[/url]

Done with pencil.
[IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/119mgeq.jpg[/IMG]

This picture I did a while ago O_O. It took way too long. I was supposed to do a painting of it, but then the art school I went to closed down so I couldn't get access to my materials anymore XD...

Done with charcoal.
[IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/rcnbch.jpg[/IMG]

And... why not one anime piece? I recently sent this one in on theOtaku. Recently as in several weeks ago? heh. Hope you guys like it ^^' These two characters belong to FUNimation on theOtaku.com.

Done with copic sketch markers and white paint.
[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/ofstts.jpg[/IMG]

So yea hope you guys like it!

~Rachel

[FONT="Arial"][COLOR="Indigo"]MEW! =P

I love the first one with how you added in puppy's. For some reason I was expecting kitteh's from you though. I wonder why? Heh.

The second is just nicely done and yes my comment is rather tiny since other than to say the shading looks great... I don't know what else to add.

The third looks great too. The only thing that seems off is the proportions for their hands. It's like the fingers are a little too short or something.

Anyway, excellent work Mew.

[SIZE="1"][I]*piles kittehs on u*[/I][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[size=1]I really like the first one. The shading on her dress is really well done. I feel the puppy's need a little more work on compared to the girl. For the second one, I feel the reflections on the glass objects aren't quite convincing enough but all around not too bad. Reflections are really hard, especially for me. I really like the flower though. Nicely done. :]
I also feel that the fingers on the anime one can be a little longer to be more proportional to the body. In general, hands are about the same size as our heads. It varies.

I hope to see more of your art. :][/size]

INDI !!! :D
Thanks so much for commenting :O! I can't draw kittehs to save my life. I should try and practice them sometime though >D.
I will work harder on those hands! I tend to fail at hands X3
*piles 100+ fishes on you*

[quote name='Indi'][FONT="Arial"][COLOR="Indigo"]MEW! =P

I love the first one with how you added in puppy's. For some reason I was expecting kitteh's from you though. I wonder why? Heh.

The second is just nicely done and yes my comment is rather tiny since other than to say the shading looks great... I don't know what else to add.

The third looks great too. The only thing that seems off is the proportions for their hands. It's like the fingers are a little too short or something.

Anyway, excellent work Mew.

[SIZE="1"][I]*piles kittehs on u*[/I][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

I agree with you, the puppies don't really have that much in them. I should probably go back in there and fix that (will bring the picture home from school >D).
I don't think the reflections are really working out in the middle bottle, but I kinda like them on the bottle on the left. Reflections are indeed hard D'X. I'm glad you like the flower tho :D
Oh yes, those hands XD. I'm definitely working harder now on drawing hands ^^; but I totally see what your saying in the picture.
Thanks so much for your critique!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='jigglyness'][size=1]I really like the first one. The shading on her dress is really well done. I feel the puppy's need a little more work on compared to the girl. For the second one, I feel the reflections on the glass objects aren't quite convincing enough but all around not too bad. Reflections are really hard, especially for me. I really like the flower though. Nicely done. :]
I also feel that the fingers on the anime one can be a little longer to be more proportional to the body. In general, hands are about the same size as our heads. It varies.
I hope to see more of your art. :][/size][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]More people need to visit the art forums again!

I really like your realistic pieces. And I think I like your second one the best. The shading and highlights are beautiful, and the grapes look very edible. Lol.

I don't like the anime one as much, but thats because its not really my 'anime' style, so thats a personal thing.[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]The realism ones are absolutely stunning! I think I like the one with the little girl the best, for the detail you put into the wicker basket and her hair. The second one is amazing, too, but I've never been as captivated by still life, even though I can appreciate the skill.

For the anime one, I'm not as hot on. I think if you can carry off realism to the amazing level you can, it would be nice to see it implemented in a more cartoony style, rather than going pure anime with the big shoujo eyes and the sparkles. Like SPX said, that may just be personal preference, though.

I do, however, envy your use of copics. I can never understand how people manage to make them look so soft and well blended. The hair especially is lovely.[/SIZE]

Art forum ftw :D!

I'm glad that you like the realism ones!! Aww thats okay. Not everyone is a fan of anime art. Hopefully I can draw some more realistic stuff to post, but as of now I only have anime left ^^''''.

[quote name='SaiyanPrincessX'][SIZE="1"]More people need to visit the art forums again!

I really like your realistic pieces. And I think I like your second one the best. The shading and highlights are beautiful, and the grapes look very edible. Lol.

I don't like the anime one as much, but thats because its not really my 'anime' style, so thats a personal thing.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!! I've never been captivated by still life either O_O''. I think it's just one of those things that are done to practice technical things? (Had to do it for college stuff D'X).

Aw dang. I like drawing massive eyes hehe. I wanna try and incorporate more of the realistic coloring in the anime though. Like maybe shrink the eyes down some... but I'm obsessed with the big eyes hehe. We all have our different preferences, indeed.

I think the main trick with copics is coloring really quickly and layering. If you color quickly then you won't that much blotting and stuff.

Thanks for your critique! :)

[quote name='Ezekiel'][SIZE="1"]The realism ones are absolutely stunning! I think I like the one with the little girl the best, for the detail you put into the wicker basket and her hair. The second one is amazing, too, but I've never been as captivated by still life, even though I can appreciate the skill.

For the anime one, I'm not as hot on. I think if you can carry off realism to the amazing level you can, it would be nice to see it implemented in a more cartoony style, rather than going pure anime with the big shoujo eyes and the sparkles. Like SPX said, that may just be personal preference, though.

I do, however, envy your use of copics. I can never understand how people manage to make them look so soft and well blended. The hair especially is lovely.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Oh XD lol.
The big eyes are all throughout my stuff so don't eat my head off :animecry: lol.
I'll post more soon! : D

[quote name='SaiyanPrincessX'][SIZE="1"]When I said that wasn't my anime style I didn't mean I don't like the anime style as a whole, lol. Just not that one. ;)

Post more, now. :p[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

• 2 months later...
[quote name='chibi-master']You ask for critique, but I see no room for it!:o I absolutely ADORE the first realism! To sum this up: You make me feel like crap...:animedepr

But in a good way!;)[/QUOTE]

Awww lol XD Thank you ;_; *glomps*
ehh? I don't wanna make you feel like crap *head desks*, even if it's in a good way XD lolz

• 2 weeks later...
You do amazing in pencil, ( I tend to do pinups only). As for hands, I hate them, I had a teacher who made us draw 15 different ones, and then one big set of them, prob was the only thing the teacher did right ( this "teacher" was horrible if she did not like your subject you did poorly grade wise). Best advice I can give you is just draw them alot, and if ya mess them them up do better next time, yours arent bad so I would not worry about it much, I tend to draw 3 sets then kinda import the ones I like into the finshed piece. GL and keep up the good work.