OtakuBoards

What was that thread again ?

Gavin

[SIZE="1"]When you've been around OB as long as some of us have you're going to see your fair share of memorable threads as well as members. The trouble is that sometimes, despite how memorable the event itself was, you just can't remember the thread it was in or worse you can remember the thread and just can't find it through the search function.

Well fear no more, in this thread you can put out a request for the thread you're looking for and hopefully someone else who remembers it will (hopefully) be able to find it and post it here for you. Not only does this prevent you from needing a new keyboard, and possibly a blood transfusion after all that headdesking but you can share with others the joys of threads they mightn't have seen.

Kicking off the proceedings I need help finding the first reference to the [B]Otaku Rangers[/B] created by Shinmaru (I think). I remember the thread dealt with a member who'd stolen a phone from someone he didn't like and the Rangers were born out of our combined desire for great justice.

[I]Please Note:[/I] This thread is not just a cunning cover because I couldn't find the thread I'm looking for and created this as a way of asking for help. There's simply no way I'm that lazy and devious at the same time. :animeswea *coughs*[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Kicking off the proceedings I need help finding the first reference to the [B]Otaku Rangers[/B] created by Shinmaru (I think). I remember the thread dealt with a member who'd stolen a phone from someone he didn't like and the Rangers were born out of our combined desire for great justice.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
[font=Arial]I can't be arsed to actually search for the thread, but I know the offender was user DaSilva and it was a big hoopla about a Razr. Recalling the entire shebang makes me hella nostalgic...

Good luck with the keywords, and sorry I'm so lazy. :([/font]

[quote name='Gavin][SIZE="1"'] There's simply no way I'm that lazy and devious at the same time. :animeswea *coughs*[/SIZE][/quote]Oh I know the answer and being devious has nothing to do with it. That is just a cover to hide the fact that you are [I]lazy.[/I] :D

Based on Retri's clues I found the thread and read it. Apparently that little incident was before my time. But it seems that DeathKnight is the one who started the Super Otaku Force after John posted about turning the guy in for real. =P

Ah here we are, the image from that little deal.

[IMG]http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/2162/sofcopyfc4.jpg[/IMG]

That's freakin hilarious.

[SIZE="1"]Well, since no one else has linked to it, [U][URL="http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=54963&page=5"]don't mind if I do.[/URL][/U]

Dang. Reading that took me back...

Oh, and while milling through 2006 threads, I found [U][URL="http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=54817"]this[/URL][/U], which was a response to [U][URL="http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=50023"]this[/URL][/U]. I didn't post in them myself [I don't think], but I remember just sitting back and watching it happen...heh.

Back on the subject of DaSilva, what the heck ever happened to him? I remember he wandered around for awhile after the incident, but then vanished. Hmm.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"][I]Please Note:[/I] This thread is not just a cunning cover because I couldn't find the thread I'm looking for and created this as a way of asking for help. There's simply no way I'm that lazy and devious at the same time. :animeswea *coughs*[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]C'MON GAVIN. That's what Otakupedia is for.[/color]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Tahoma"][quote name='Nerdsy][color=deeppink']C'MON GAVIN. That's what Otakupedia is for.[/color][/quote]That's right Gavin! Stop being so LAZY! :D

Seriously though... I'd forgotten about that until I looked at the threads... And Gavin...

[I]*whacks Gavin*[/I]

No you [I]cannot[/I] be our leader... pfffft![/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Aaryanna'][COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Tahoma"]That's right Gavin! Stop being so LAZY! :D[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]...no ?[/SIZE]

[quote name='Aaryanna'][COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Tahoma"]Seriously though... I'd forgotten about that until I looked at the threads... And Gavin...

[I]*hugs Gavin*[/I]

Of course you [I]can[/I] be our leader![/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]All fixed, free of charge. :p[/SIZE]

[quote name='Sangome'][SIZE="1"]Oh, and while milling through 2006 threads, I found [U][URL="http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=54817"]this[/URL][/U], which was a response to [U][URL="http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=50023"]this[/URL][/U]. [/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Augh...that...made me physically ill!:animedepr Seriously! I got to page 5 and had to sprint across the hall to the bathroom! Th-that was one big mess of a thread! Though I have to say, that John person was being a little brutal and harsh to the fiery CHW...

[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"][quote name='Rachmaninoff']Ah here we are, the image from that little deal.

[IMG]http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/2162/sofcopyfc4.jpg[/IMG]

That's freakin hilarious.[/QUOTE]
I should throw a copyright on that image! I put a lot of effort into that picture. And although Death Knight started the Super Otaku Force, they wouldn't be power rangers without my logo. :catgirl:

Good times, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangome
PWNED.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikillion
pwned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retribution
Dude, PWNAGE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation
You just got SERVED!

lol[/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='chibi-master']Augh...that...made me physically ill!:animedepr Seriously! I got to page 5 and had to sprint across the hall to the bathroom! Th-that was one big mess of a thread! Though I have to say, that John person was being a little brutal and harsh to the fiery CHW...[/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff]Yeah he was. *Sigh* I was such a beyotch then. I was going through the divorce and then I just got upset. Dear Starfire. She's the only one on here who really does know me. Wish she still came on here.

Reading that though, it makes you realize that sometimes it;s best to keep strong emotions to yourself[/color]

[FONT="Arial"][quote name='Lunox][font=trebuchet ms'] I didn't even know I was in this. I have no recollection of this whatsoever. Proof that my brain is slowly getting stupider.[/font][/quote]So this is what I have to look forward to if I stick around for a while? Looking back at old threads and going... I posted in [I]that?[/I] =P

That was certainly an interesting thread, both of them in fact. Overall this is a nifty idea, but if I needed help to remember threads from only a few months ago, that would be pretty sad.[/FONT]