Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[quote=Canned Dogs]Edward Elric: No change
Alphonse Elric: No change
Winry Rockbell: Toyoguchi Megumi -> Takamoto Megumi
Roy Mustang: Okawa Toru -> Miki Shinichirou
Riza Hawkeye: Neya Michiko -> Orikasa Fumiko
Alex Louis Armstrong: No change
Maes Hughes: No change
Jean Havoc: Matsumoto Yasunori -> Ueda Yuuji
Vato Falman: Murozono Takehiro -> Hamada Kenji
Maria Ross: Saiga Mitsuki -> Natsuka Kaori
King Bradley: No change
Scar: Okiayu Ryoutarou -> Miyake Kenta
Lust: Satou Yuuko -> Inoue Kikuko
Gluttony: Takato Yasuhiro -> Shiratori Tetsu
Envy: Yamaguchi Mayumi -> Takayama Minami
Kimblee: Ueda Yuuji -> Yoshino Hiroyuki[/quote]

I would've been furious if they changed Ed or Al, but I don't particularly mind about any of the others. It's too bad that Okawa isn't coming back as Mustang, but Miki Shinichirou is one of my all-time favorite seiyuu, so I can't complain that much. Also looking forward to hearing Yoshino Hiroyuki as Kimblee and Inoue Kikuko as Lust.

~Dagger~
Posted
Never heard the original cast myself, so I have no real opinion on the changes, except that I am sad to see Michiko Neya go. I like her a lot. Fumiko Orikasa ain't nothin' to sneeze at, though. Like you, I am glad to see Shinichiro Miki in there, and DAMN I am looking forward to hearing some Evil Kikuko Inoue. Can't wait!
Posted
[COLOR=#503F86]I didn't actually listen to the Japanese cast, so I can't really have an opinion. I guess for a different series the director wanted a different sound for the voices, or the rest are all tied up in other things.[/COLOR]
Posted
[SIZE="1"]Hmm the only thing I'm concerned about is if Miki's voice is actually suited to Mustang as a character, Okawa's voice in my mind fit the bill where as if Miki usually his usual voice for characters (ala Lockon Stratos and Urahara Kisuke) it might come off a bit too light.[/SIZE]
Posted
I'm biased, of course, but I think he has pretty incredible range.

Grain of salt: I say this because I've heard him play such an astonishing variety of roles in BL drama CDs. :devil:

~Dagger~
Posted
[quote name='Dagger']I'm biased, of course, but I think he has pretty incredible range.

Grain of salt: I say this because I've heard him play such an astonishing variety of roles in BL drama CDs. :devil:

~Dagger~[/QUOTE]
[SIZE="1"]
Fair enough, I'm actually quite a fan of his work myself but his characters usually have much lighter voices which contrasts with the way Okawa portrayed Mustang. I'm sure when he actually does the voice it'll be fine but I just couldn't help think "Urahara is going to be a State Alchemist?" when I read he was to portray Mustang.[/SIZE]
Posted
[color=#4B0082]In my case I think, "[url=http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=7820][u]Baroqueheat[/u][/url] is going to be a State Alchemist?" because that's the role I remember him by best. And next comes, "Awesome!" I think Miki will do great as Roy since he can switch between the funny and serious tones really well. Shannon from Scrapped Princess is another such role of his that comes to mind.

What got me most excited, though, was seeing Inoue Kikuko on the list and [i]not[/i] in one of her usual roles. Everything I've heard her in outside of her typecasting has been awesome and I can't wait to hear her as Lust.[/color]
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
The [url="http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2009/03/22/fullmetal-alchemist-cm5/"][u]latest commercial[/u][/url] is narrated by Miki Shinichirou. Rock on.

~Dagger~
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
I'm saddened over the loss of Mustang's original seiyuu, but I know Miki will do good.

As for the others, I feel bad for the seiyuu's who may have wanted to return to their roles, but other than that, the changes don't bug me. Honestly, I'm just glad that Ed and Al's will remain the same. Romi's Edward voice has gotten a lot better since the start of the original. xD
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
I never watched it in Japanese.. only saw the dub, but I own all 13 dvds+the movie.. having watched eps 1+2, I think they're doing an outstanding job so far... I'm surprised lol
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Posted
i think the lust this time is more full of herself
she sounds like she carries a mirror everwhre she goes but that doesnt really show the character im really looking foward to the changes in the cast and the series:animesmil
Posted
So, Yuichi Nakamura as Greed was pretty awesome a few episodes back. Now that I am caught up on the manga, I started wondering to myself about something ... [spoiler]when Lin becomes the new Greed, will Mamoru Miyano voice both Lin and Greed!Lin, or would Nakamura be brought back to provide the voice when Greed is dominant? Either way is cool with me -- I love Nakamura, and Miyano is great when he is asked to be sinister (see Light Yagami).[/spoiler] I am also dying to hear who will voice [spoiler]Olivier Armstrong.[/spoiler]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...