Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Calibri][I][U]The Phantom Tollbooth[/U][/I] was such a great book. Kids take to the imagination part of it, and there is so much allegory in it that will fly over their heads until they get older. Perfect example of how to [I]try[/I] to write pointed stories.

Also I want to eat letters sometime. =P[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[font=trebuchet ms] What do you mean, "try"?

[spoiler]Also book titles are underlined, not italicized and underlined.[/spoiler] [/font]
Posted
[COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="1"][U]American Psycho[/U]. Enough said for those who've read the book. I really liked it because of the fact of the mentality of Bateman, and his drive. Killing a kid in broad daylight at the zoo? Killing homeless people? Obviously it's immoral and wrong, but it's just unexplainable as to just how good the book is.

The movie was decent, but wasn't as good as the book. Movies rarely are as good as the book.[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posted
[QUOTE=Lunox][font=trebuchet ms] What do you mean, "try"?

[spoiler]Also book titles are underlined, not italicized and underlined.[/spoiler] [/font][/QUOTE]
[FONT=Calibri]Most people who "try" to write stories of that nature "fail miserably" because they can't balance "poignant subtlety" with an "actual message".

[SPOILER]Also book titles are italicised in most printed material because underlining is impractical; I do both because on here doing one or the other looks retarded and doesn't communicate what I want it to.[/SPOILER][/FONT]
Posted
Apparently my parents think I'm anorexic. lolwut? Sure, ignore the fact that I usually down a bag of chips, some leftover Chinese food and a carton of cookies in one sitting, but AT NIGHT. I don't like breakfast, lunch, or dinner, but midnight feasts make my knees weak. Probably from all the weight they're holding up.

I have also decided to take over the U.S. in the name of the Roman Empire and re-name it New Pompeii. We will all speak Latin as the main language and our flag will be a giant Wal-Mart smiley face with oblique black and red stripes in the background. Also, our national bird will be Jack Sparrow. Our national "As Roman as..." will be Jell-O. And our national anthem will be a tune containing every quote that has ever left Kamina's mouth ever.
Posted
[size="1"][COLOR="DarkRed"]If you take over the US in the name of the Roman Empire, I take it over in the name of the Vatican City.

And I get the Pope's hat. And the Pope-mobile.

As for the anorexia thing, I understand. I don't get hungry during the day at all - I eat at night. And I can go a day or two without feeling hungry. I only eat when I'm hungry.[/COLOR][/size]
Posted
[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Calibri]Most people who "try" to write stories of that nature "fail miserably" because they can't balance "poignant subtlety" with an "actual message".

[SPOILER]Also book titles are italicised in most printed material because underlining is impractical; I do both because on here doing one or the other looks retarded and doesn't communicate what I want it to.[/SPOILER][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[font=trebuchet ms] OH, I thought you meant Norton Juster's story was an attempt at it. And I was about to kill you. :)

[spoiler] Actually, book titles are usually put in quotations marks by newspapers and magazines, although they are italicized in academic papers. And then MLA format dictates that students underline them...I think. [/spoiler][/font]
Posted
[quote name='Trigun 11'][size="1"][COLOR="DarkRed"]As for the anorexia thing, I understand. I don't get hungry during the day at all - I eat at night. And I can go a day or two without feeling hungry. I only eat when I'm hungry.[/COLOR][/size][/QUOTE]

EXACTLY![/holler] Just because I skip a few meals does not mean I'm starving myself! It just means that I'm not starving!:animesmil

It's beginning to look a lot like winter outside...:animedepr
Posted
[QUOTE=Lunox][font=trebuchet ms] OH, I thought you meant Norton Juster's story was an attempt at it. And I was about to kill you. :)

[spoiler] Actually, book titles are usually put in quotations marks by newspapers and magazines, although they are italicized in academic papers. And then MLA format dictates that students underline them...I think. [/spoiler][/font][/QUOTE]
[FONT=Calibri]Haha, of course not. It's one of my favorite books of all time; I would never insult Juster in such a way.

(Although, really, it [I]was[/I] an attempt at it, and he happens to have succeeded because he knew what the frick he was doing.)

[SPOILER]And the basic gist of [I]that[/I] is that no one can agree on anything, so as long as the concept is communicated we're all fine. =D[/SPOILER][/FONT]
Posted
[SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkRed"][quote name='Lunox']

[spoiler] Actually, book titles are usually put in quotations marks by newspapers and magazines, although they are italicized in academic papers. And then MLA format dictates that students underline them...I think. [/spoiler][/QUOTE]


[spoiler]From MLA Handbook (6th ed.), here's this.

[I]All formats require underlining (or italicizing) the titles of complete volumes, whereas titles of parts of volumes (like short stories) go between quotes.[/I]

So, it's the same thing.[/spoiler]

[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Posted
[quote name='chibi-master']I have also decided to take over the U.S. in the name of the Roman Empire and re-name it New Pompeii. We will all speak Latin as the main language and our flag will be a giant Wal-Mart smiley face with oblique black and red stripes in the background. Also, our national bird will be Jack Sparrow. Our national "As Roman as..." will be Jell-O. And our national anthem will be a tune containing every quote that has ever left Kamina's mouth ever.[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Fair warning, I'd be forced to conquer you about a year later and turn the flag into the Dai-Gurren emblem. I'd also rename it GARabia and change the national language to Yiddish, just because.

The rest can stay the same, with the possible exception of Jack Sparrow being replaced with Sam the Eagle from the Muppets.[/FONT]
Posted
Well I giggle at you all, so tee-hee!:catgirl:

I am going shopping tomorrow. I don't know whether to feel happy or sick to my stomach. Shopping is very undefined territory for me if it's not for books.

My room feels like a meat locker... ACK! My freaking toes are shivering!:animedepr
Posted
[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE=1]I hate lemsips. I hate them almost as much as a cold which won't go away after 2 and a half months.
[/SIZE][/QUOTE][font=trebuchet ms]On a related note, I love Halls honey-Filled Harvest Peach Naturals. They are pretty much the best cough drop ever invented.

[img]http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/31/25/46/63/0031254663415_500X500.jpg[/img][/font]
Posted
I need a new avi/banner set...of Jell-O... Which reminds me that I am hungry for some!

Why does no one recognize the awesomeness that is JIGGLYPUFF?! WHY?! HMMM?!

By the way, the best cough drops are those fruity berry mix ones. Can't recall the name, but they're delicious.
Posted
[quote name='chibi-master']Why does no one recognize the awesomeness that is JIGGLYPUFF?! WHY?! HMMM?![/quote]
[FONT=Calibri]That is a bold and probably rather erroneous generalisation to make.

Come to think of it, you seem to be The Best at making those. :p[/FONT]
Posted
[SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkRed"][quote name='chibi-master']

Why does no one recognize the awesomeness that is JIGGLYPUFF?! WHY?! HMMM?[/QUOTE]

Easy. Jigglypuff is just a attachment of Kirby that's a art school drop out.

'sides. Eevee and it's evolutions just do things better. [/COLOR][/SIZE]
Posted
[quote name='Trigun 11'][SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkRed"]

Easy. Jigglypuff is just a attachment of Kirby that's a art school drop out.

'sides. Eevee and it's evolutions just do things better. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]*its

& I agree with Eevee. Because Eevee is a fox.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...