Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Hopefully there's not a thread already posted that I looked through. xD

But for those of you who don't know, AZ is a convention in North Carolina. It was in Durham (sorta) and now it's in Raleigh. I started going two years ago because of a girl I met at school, so this'll be my third time.

Anyone ever gone? Anyone going?
What are you dressing as?
Any stories to share of past experiences?
Did you prefer Durham or Raleigh's location? Why?

SHARE YOUR STORIES. >:U

I'm dressing as Maka from Soul Eater, because I have brown hair and green eyes already. Also, I get to carry about a kickass scythe with me. = w=
Posted
I haven't really experience any bad incidents myself. Just make sure that if you really want to get in something, you get there early because lines grow fast.

And then the obvious things, like don't leave your money lying around, or carry too much cash with you, because I've heard of people losing lots before.

There's no outside grassy area anymore with the new in city location, but there's a McDonalds really close by. That's where most people went last year. Otherwise I'd look into seeing what food places are on Hillsborough Street. Not stopping to eat/drink gets people in trouble sometimes. Passing out and stuff.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
Luc bugs me everytime we run into each other to go to GAnime. I hate going across the river, so I still haven't gone to either of them. =[

For those who did go, how did it turn out?
Posted
I know it's probably a bit late in the game to ask, but I was wondering if anyone from here was going.

[url]http://mizuumicon.org/[/url]
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
[quote name='UzumakiKurosaki']I'm going!! It's my first con too:animesmil. Yay for first time con goers!! I am so stoked that Vic is going to be there. Me and my buds got the elite VIP tickets. What about you?[/quote]

i'm not sure.. they are the vip, but not the highest vip there is.
it's awesome too find someone else who is going, i havent heard from anyone but you so far XD
yay vic ~
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted
I am too planning to go for this con as it would also the first con for me. It would be fun over there. I am seeing a lot of registration for it which is going to happen in the month of June.
Posted
[quote name='marvelaugusts']I am too planning to go for this con as it would also the first con for me. It would be fun over there. I am seeing a lot of registration for it which is going to happen in the month of June.[/quote]

oh thats cool ^^ I am sure it will be a great experience for both us! :3
Posted
I'll be going hopefully all 3 days plus I'm gonna be cosplaying as Lupin III, Speed Racer, and Shinji Ikari.
Posted
$50 bucks? on what the entrance fee >.<

- money
- cellphone

that's about it... i usually take all the stuff i buy up to my room or my car so i leave a lot of stuff in those places... ^^

i use to bring a messenger bag full of notebooks, an art pads, pens, pencils, sharpies it had all my convention badges from the previous conventions i'd went to as well as most of the concert tickets from jmusic shows, it had buttons all over it and is coated in people's signatures and drawings... but i had to retire it because it got to be so sentimental i was afraid of losing it... if that makes any sense... i'm thinking about starting up a new one though...
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
[SIZE=1]Middle Tennessee Anime Convention. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]GOD, I wanna go so bad. ;~;[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1]I don't have enough money. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=1]But I was totally gonna go as either Misty from Pokemon, or Freya from Chobits. :D[/SIZE]
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
[font="Times New Roman"][color="#9932cc"]So did anyone here attend the recently completed FanimeCon this Memorial Day Weekend?

I staffed it as a suit[security sort of] this year and am only now regaining consciousness[use of said consciousness] and so on and so forth. It occurrs to me that our jobs would be easier if we had a less Draconian weapon/prop policy. Oh well. I would've posted about this event sooner, but such a thing only recently struck me. About the time I was sleeping on the floor of a hotel room meant for 4 people but occupied by 7. Gotta love cons.

Also, is anyone attending again next year? San Jose, California, same as usual.
[/color][/font]
Posted
[quote name='Funk' date='09 April 2010 - 06:45 PM' timestamp='1270853112' post='692701']
I'll be going hopefully all 3 days plus I'm gonna be cosplaying as Lupin III, Speed Racer, and Shinji Ikari.
[/quote]

ah thats so cool ^^
  • 4 weeks later...
Posted
Otakon 2010 is held in Baltimore, Maryland in the USA. This year it is July 30th- August 1st. Will you be attending? What is your cosplay? What are you looking forward to the most this year?
Posted
Enjoy! :)

[url="http://www.nerdsociety.com/2010/07/04/girls-of-anime-expo-2010/"]http://www.nerdsocie...nime-expo-2010/[/url]

Some pics from the link.

[img]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4075/4759172673_4647cf178a.jpg[/img]

[img]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4114/4759175929_d88d5d6060_b.jpg[/img]

[img]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4117/4759176723_5ecdbc3fa3.jpg[/img]


For this one:
Me: "Are you cosplaying?"
Her: "No"
Me: "Can I take a pic of you anyways?" :D
[img]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4082/4759807570_882d0884f8.jpg[/img]
Posted
[quote name='Lady Shy' date='04 July 2010 - 02:50 PM' timestamp='1278269426' post='696511']
Why do you not approve of this topic? :eyebrow:
[/quote]

This guy just made an account, then posts the same topic in two different locations, supporting a website. that's why I don't support this guy.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...