OtakuBoards

Rude Kids R Us

Rachmaninoff

[FONT="Arial"][quote name='Lunox'][font=trebuchet ms]
[YOUTUBE="this"]Nn5jlrxcpkI[/YOUTUBE][/font][/QUOTE]

This clip never gets old. But yeah some of the best comedy has some truth to it which is where the humor really comes in.[/FONT]

[quote name='PiroMunkie']Anyone else ever have to eat soap when they mouthed off too much?[/QUOTE]

[font=trebuchet ms] Yes...except I didn't have to "eat" it. My mom just made me sit in the corner with a bar of soap in my mouth while I held my arms up. Painful lol[/font]

[quote name='PiroMunkie']Anyone else ever have to eat soap when they mouthed off too much?[/quote]I never had to, but only because I saw them do it to my older brothers. So I was careful to never mouth off or swear. I didn't do it when my parents weren't around either since one of my brothers did that and got caught.

[quote name='PiroMunkie']Anyone else ever have to eat soap when they mouthed off too much?[/QUOTE]

[size=1]Ha, my mother once fed my brother soap when he put a bit of washing up liquid in my drink. Good times.[/size]

[quote]Originally Posted by [B]PiroMunkie [/B]
Anyone else ever have to eat soap when they mouthed off too much?[/quote]I had it happen once but i had a allergic reaction to the soup and was really sick for a few days. Never happen again afterward.

I think every generation has their rude or rather unruly children. It certainly seems like today's kids are ruder, but it's honestly been long enough that I can't remember clearly enough to know if that's really true or not.

As a parent, I think it starts at an early age. You begin by teaching your kids the basics of saying please and thank you, so they understand being polite and respectful to others. Just as you have to stick with something when you say no so they understand that no really does mean that.

I don't really care for spanking or swatting, however, there are times where I can see it being necessary. Like swatting a kids hand when they are about to touch a hot stove. You don't always have time to say stop it, you have to act instantly to prevent it from happening.

The same goes with spanking, you can use other means, but if they choose to ignore that, sometimes it takes a little more for them to realize that they really do need to behave. So long as it's not excessive and you're not crossing the line into real abuse, I don't see an issue with it.

Anyway, it is disheartening to see kids who are not properly disciplined/taught. They end up becoming those kids who are nasty to others and bully the other kids.

• 3 weeks later...
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]Surprisingly, my immigrant parents didn't beat me much. I was a good kid, who didn't do a lot of foolishness. The only times I remember getting spanked was when I dialed 911 (my sisters were having a screaming contest, I hung up the phone, they called back and asked to talk to my father, I ran like hell, but he still caught me -_-'), and when I touched wet paint after my dad told me not to. I deserved it.
I think I did threaten to call children's aid on my mom. She told me go right ahead because I'd be running back home after living in foster care. She then reminded me about my cousins in the system and told me I should be thankful for having parents.[/FONT][/COLOR]