OtakuBoards

Your Idea of a Romantic Date?

Roxie Faye

[color=#9933cc]Just for fun, what's your idea of a romantic date?

When I was little, I used to think that a romantic date was going to a fancy restaurant, and then to see a movie.

I've been thoroughly disabused of any notions to ever expect anything romantic in my life, and I've found that I've completely lost the concept of a romantic date. I can't even think of anything! So, hopefully, your ideas will give me some. =/[/color]

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"]My idea of a perfect date is going out to a regular restaurant... like Pizza Hut, chinese or McDonalds. But if my date wishes to eat somewhere else, we will. To top the night off, I'd like to take my date to the boat launch in my town and watch the sun set.

Of coarse, it could be more romantic, but just doing all that will make me happy. After all, I don't think it's the date, it's the time you share with someone you love.[/FONT]

[size=1]Somewhere very beautiful or with some kind of twisted beauty. Just a place that wows me.

None of that fancy meals or anything, because I wouldn't like trying to function like a normal being.

In fact I think my perfect date would be, at the end, walking home at three in the morning down the long, long road I used to live on. It's filled with a few neon signs until you get past the old Woolworths, where there it's only street lights; after it's rained a little bit, and still some drizzle in the air, nothing quite takes your breath away like staring at the tarmac on a road that's normally filled with average crap but, in the morning when it's left alone, looks like something out of a geographical beauty contest.

Oh yeah, and singing Livin' On a Prayer at the top of your lungs. I did that by myself in that situation and I'm sure singing it with a date would be the most romantic thing evaaaar for me.[/size]

[FONT="Arial"][SIZE="1"]

The most romantic "date" I've ever been on was probably the Star Wars marathon.

He surprised me one morning at 6am on my day off work. He woke me up bearing breakfast and a handful of Star Wars videos and junk foods. We ate and watched Star Wars on my couch all day. In the middle of the night when the sixth one was over, we ate pasta and doughnuts and slept until 7 the next morning, when we carpooled to work.

Best day ever.

[/SIZE][/FONT]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][SIZE="1"]I had planned out this date for my then-boyfriend & myself about a year & a half ago.

I was going to cook him a meal or something of the like & take it in picnic baskets to this dock by a reservoir where I live. I would have had everything all set up... there would be little tealight candles lit everywhere and a boombox with this CD I had burned him full of cutesy little songs. & we would have just eaten our food & danced on the docks.

It was winter, too, so it would have been beautiful there at night.

...unfortunately, last winter was unbearably cold while we were dating. We broke up right before it got warm enough to do this.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Well I actually did the same thing with a Pirates of the Caribean marathon a few months ago, lots've fun. When you get older your 'notions' of romance are changed a little, normally due to us guys being what we are...

I think one of the best plans I've had, which I'm actually putting into motion in a couple weeks, is I've rented a cabin in celebration of my fiancee's College Graduation. It sits up on a lake with an enclosed balcony with a hottub(though I'm thouroughly confused on how the hot tub won't fog up the windows making the view sort've moot.

I'm going to cook something...I'm thinking about a nice roast of some sorts. Or maybe just a simple pasta dish. That's about as Romantic as old Driz gets anymore...